Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is 6' now considered "short"?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was perusing the shortman subreddit, and I noticed this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shortmen/c...n_due_to_being_short/?st=j8qnt2n9&sh=476ae88e
Well, today is yet another day I've been rejected by a girl due to my short height. I've been hanging around this girl the past few weeks, we've been having a great time being around each other, and I thought it was leading to something, so I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend, and her reply was "You're really sweet, funny, and cute, and I've really enjoyed being around you, but I'm not sure that I could really get over the height difference to be honest". So here's the kicker, I'm a 6'0 tall guy. She is around 5'9, 5'10, but she loves to wear really high heels all the time, like 4-6 inch heels, and so with her heels, she's taller than me. I don't know, I feel this is really unfair, as women can artificially accentuate their height, yet like to judge men on their height which they can't change. I read a recent study in which only 4% of women from a large sample size said they would date a guy shorter than them. So is 6'2 the new "normal" height for guys? I never really thought of myself as "short" but apparently 6'0 is now too short for a guy to be. Any thoughts on the subject? Are women's standards for a man's height completely ridiculous now? What percentage of guys are really 6'2 or taller? Sorry if this sounds like a bit of a rant, I'm just kind of pissed off for being rejected again due to my height.
My opinion as a 5'5" man: :mad::mad::down:

John Constantine

Don Juan
Reaction score
6' considered short ?? This is bullshyt, it's the perfect size.. You can date tall and short women. Perfect.

I'm 5'7'' and I cant date a girl of 5'6'' or more

Never been a problem except in the club where you have to be 6'' to get attention without playing the game

Reaction score
This adds to my theory that the "value detection" system that exists in girls brains makes no sense.

Is "being tall" something that somebody achieved? No. But they still think it has high value attached to it.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Height is only a problem if you make it one.

There are plenty of girls out there who will reject you based on attributes you have no control over, just as there are plenty of men who will reject women based on attributes they have no control over. It's called preferences. You don't need to turn the preferences of others into personal insecurities.

Your height may be considered a deal breaker by a girl... But if she's undecided or on the fence about it, your lack of confidence and personal insecurities about your height will definitely be the deal breaker.

If you don't have control over something, you have to own it and rock it. What are your alternatives? Be insecure?

If you worry about your height more than a girl does, it's always going to be a problem.

Reaction score
This adds to my theory that the "value detection" system that exists in girls brains makes no sense.

Is "being tall" something that somebody achieved? No. But they still think it has high value attached to it.
Okay I just Googled it and it's apparently because of a primal instinct that a tall guy makes a girl feel protected.

But in REALITY, just because a guy is tall doesn't mean he can protect a girl. Therefore, this is a perfect example of how this makes no sense.

I'm glad I realized this. This is actually leading to an understanding of females and how it makes sense in an evolutionary explanation, but might not translate to reality in modern society.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never go for a 5'9 chick who wears heels anyway.

I am 6'1 and go for girls who are 5'3 and under. They are more fun and submissive in the bedroom.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I just Googled it and it's apparently because of a primal instinct that a tall guy makes a girl feel protected.

But in REALITY, just because a guy is tall doesn't mean he can protect a girl. Therefore, this is a perfect example of how this makes no sense.

I'm glad I realized this. This is actually leading to an understanding of females and how it makes sense in an evolutionary explanation, but might not translate to reality in modern society.
It shows whether your genes are good or not. Just like how most guys prefer women who have big tits and wide hips, the reason for it is because it shows good genes.

Reaction score
It shows whether your genes are good or not. Just like how most guys prefer women who have big tits and wide hips, the reason for it is because it shows good genes.
So "tallness" = good genes, but making millions flipping houses = not important?

How does tall = good genes in the first place? Of what use is being tall?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So "tallness" = good genes, but making millions flipping houses = not important?

Longer moment arm for hand-to-hand combat.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, we prefer these kinds of women because they represent better reproduction value

My high school biology teacher was always... we like big ass and big boops cause it shows these girls can make ALOT of babies and feed them

It's biological reaction

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Money can be bestowed by chance. There are millions of men inheriting money they didn't work for or just benefitting from good birth circumstances e.g. parents sent you to a good school.

What makes you strong is how you will get on if the shyt hit the fan. This doesn't mean the physically strongest. It's who can innovate and who has strength of character.

Height is a part of that. You can't fake genetics. You can take steroids, hit the gym every day, and that will help, but being tall is unquestionably from a superior set of breeding material.

I thank the lord every day for being 6'2'. It's more useful in the dating game than a massive c0ck.

Reaction score
Money can be bestowed by chance. There are millions of men inheriting money they didn't work for or just benefitting from good birth circumstances e.g. parents sent you to a good school.

What makes you strong is how you will get on if the shyt hit the fan. This doesn't mean the physically strongest. It's who can innovate and who has strength of character.

Height is a part of that. You can't fake genetics. You can take steroids, hit the gym every day, and that will help, but being tall is unquestionably from a superior set of breeding material.

I thank the lord every day for being 6'2'. It's more useful in the dating game than a massive c0ck.
Lol. You think your genetics are better than mine because you're tall? That's funny.

I read your posts and it seems like you are having all kinds of trouble.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. You think your genetics are better than mine because you're tall? That's funny.

I read your posts and it seems like you are having all kinds of trouble.
I didn't even know you were short, but despite my own failings, I am succeeding in attracting and fvcking women without paying for it.

Good luck on SA, some real good chicks on there. If you pay them more they'll treat you right.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The thing is, making millions does not do anything to turn her on. It does not have ANY affect on her state of arousal at all. Being tall generally means higher testosterone and HGh production which means that you are a stronger male than others.
Actually, we prefer these kinds of women because they represent better reproduction value

My high school biology teacher was always... we like big ass and big boops cause it shows these girls can make ALOT of babies and feed them

It's biological reaction
That basically means good genes....

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No lol. Im 6'1" thats probably about average for these days but its not short.

I like girls between 5'3"-5'7" any taller than that im usually not attracted to them although occasionally theres an exception.

Girls 5'10" who wear high heels have issues imo

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, making millions does not do anything to turn her on. It does not have ANY affect on her state of arousal at all. Being tall generally means higher testosterone and HGh production which means that you are a stronger male than others.

That basically means good genes....
Depends what you define as ''good'' genes ;)

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people use guns these days. There's also that thing called the police.

Tall = protector. Is not reality.
It doesn't matter about reality. The fact is humans are living in a society they are not wired up for, we still haven't adapted to our new reality. We are still wired up for living in caves which is why women are attracted to height and muscles.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10 never gave me problems. Tall women look like men. I need my women 5'4 5'5 5'6 I'll knock a tall dude out.

IMO 6 foot is perfect

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter about reality. The fact is humans are living in a society they are not wired up for, we still haven't adapted to our new reality. We are still wired up for living in caves which is why women are attracted to height and muscles.
I am tall, but being short could be a blessing.

Tallers guys don't have to work so much. I noted that whenever I was with my friends, if someone comes to talk to the group, they select me as some sort of spokesman or leader. I wasn't the leader of our group, that was a dude who was 5'8.

Look at the achievements of short men in history....it is immense. Absolutely immense.

If it makes the inner fire burn for excellence, it's a good thing.

My upbringing and circumstances fuel my fire to prove myself, anything which stokes that, whatever it may be, is good for you.