Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

In the age of womyn earning more than men, why is the diamond engagement ring meme still around?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know someone whose daughter is getting married, and her specific career path will entail having a higher income than her fiance's - but yet of course, he still gave her that overpriced lump of carbon that the diamond cartel monopoly has ingrained in Americans, via the greatest marketing job in the history of business, as being the necessary prerequisite for marriage.

Now in the days when men were the main economic actors with women as the economically dependent (either on her father or her husband), I could see the sense in the symbolism of the man proving his economic worthiness - but now, with the "End of Men", it's still a meme? It's like womyn get to choose the good parts of the old patriarchy and the good parts of femynism, and men are just the stupid donkey puling the plow!

Billtx49

Reaction score
You are right about the industry's marketing success, and All their advertising is directly targeted to your emotional mind.
The majority of men now think diamonds = love, and are proof of such.
Women have also been conditioned to expect them as proof.
The industry qualifies for gold digger status.

Last edited:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because most men are weak, if they was smart at least they would give her a fake diamond ring, or none at all, if she ahd a problem with that well you just dodged a bullet, and its time to go out and find a better woman

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I could see the sense in the symbolism of the man proving his economic worthiness - but now, with the "End of Men", it's still a meme? It's like womyn get to choose the good parts of the old patriarchy and the good parts of femynism, and men are just the stupid donkey puling the plow!
You don't get it. The wedding ring is an indirect marker of a woman's value. It has very little to do with a man proving his worthiness. The ring reflects how well the woman did, her value, and the bar for a competing man to pursue the woman.

Also, women use the ring as a measure to judge other women. That type of stuff works at a subconscious level in women's brains.

The importance of the ring is basically about survival of the species, and as many things in life, has little to do with the male in the relationship.

Billtx49

Reaction score
The importance of the ring is basically about survival of the species, and as many things in life, has little to do with the male in the relationship.
Then I wonder how mankind survived before the printing press and TV were invented, so the diamond industry could psycholgically imprint men and women.

Reaction score
Women making more than men despite the fact that men do all of the work that makes society go 'round.

Women do the easy work, which in today's world is a very large portion due to the fact that we live in a predominantly service economy in the United States and other developed nations.

In prehistoric times, women acted as nurses in tribes because it helped the tribe survive. Now, they act as nurses in the United States healthcare industry, which is a $3 trillion/year industry. The world is fu ck ed up and women don't deserve the high place in it that they have.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The wedding ring is an indirect marker of a woman's value. It has very little to do with a man proving his worthiness. The ring reflects how well the woman did, her value, and the bar for a competing man to pursue the woman.

Also, women use the ring as a measure to judge other women. That type of stuff works at a subconscious level in women's brains.
The woman uses the ring as a means to brag to her GFs and make them jealous. Women can be fiercely more competitive than men, and this is one of the areas where it shows.

As for the woman wearing the ring, she will enjoy the high level of emotion for about 6 months or so. After that, the novelty wears off and she's again vulnerable to be fvcked by a man more interesting than her fiancee.

The whole "proposing" process is supposed to be a moment in a man's life where he supplicates and submits himself to her decision to marry him. This may have worked well 60+ years ago when men were more masculine and doing something like this was an exception to his character. Now it's been cheapened by the amount of submissive, wimpy men in society.

I always felt that the whole getting down on one knee thing was cheesy as fvck. I didn't do that for either time I was engaged.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The woman uses the ring as a means to brag to her GFs and make them jealous. Women can be fiercely more competitive than men, and this is one of the areas where it shows.

As for the woman wearing the ring, she will enjoy the high level of emotion for about 6 months or so. After that, the novelty wears off and she's again vulnerable to be fvcked by a man more interesting than her fiancee.

The whole "proposing" process is supposed to be a moment in a man's life where he supplicates and submits himself to her decision to marry him. This may have worked well 60+ years ago when men were more masculine and doing something like this was an exception to his character. Now it's been cheapened by the amount of submissive, wimpy men in society.

I always felt that the whole getting down on one knee thing was cheesy as fvck. I didn't do that for either time I was engaged.
Agreed.
I think women are envious and jealous more so than competitive.
They aren't loving and compassionate to their men instead they are predicated upon being a princess and having the right one to entitle them to be just that.

Women 50 years ago were badasses.
These women today are useless and the grandmas themselves today will tell u this exactly.
I am a home health physical therapist so i come in contact with all ages, the best women ever are grandmas.
Cooked. Cleaned. Raised 5 kids. Made everything from scratch. Took care of their husbands and families, never bitched.
True women. Unlike these worthless cvnts today.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't get it. The wedding ring is an indirect marker of a woman's value. It has very little to do with a man proving his worthiness. The ring reflects how well the woman did, her value, and the bar for a competing man to pursue the woman.

= VALIDATION and we all know how much women crave self-VALIDATION

BoySam

Banned
Reaction score
Why must it be diamond ring?
It wasn’t crucial for my girlfriend that she had a diamond engagement ring. She opted for something different because she didn’t me to have to take out loans to buy her ring. When we were looking, we just looked at gold rings. She fell in love with the one we ended up buying, and I like it too.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I could negotiate for the equal amount of gold in terms of euros, except that while I give the gold to her I keep the papers at my name for the property.

The reason given is, that shows how valuable its her and that same value could be used for our kids education later on.

Win-win, you both save face and you have something worth.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, if this was my son, I would encourage him NOT to marry a woman like this, money or not. I've seen very few of them that were not in some way corrupted by this dynamic. Now, if you did find that diamond in the rough type woman, no pun intended, I'd say she would need to contribute to her own ring. And trust me, the true alpha types can pull that off, and you'll need to be an alpha of the 10th degree to keep a woman like that around. Those guys literally don't give a f*ck, and most of the time are the bad boys.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fake diamonds got so good that Debeers now engraves every stone with a microscopic code. That's the only way even a professional can tell a good fake from a real diamond.

Look at the rings for sale on craigslist and you can learn from the mistakes of others. There's countless ads like "paid $4k, appraises at $5k, asking $1500." Those appraisal values are always ridiculous.

Personally, I think diamond rings are boring and ugly. I'd rather buy from an artist. There's lot of cool stuff on etsy. You can buy a ring no one has ever seen before, and do it for a tiny fraction of the price

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all a sham. My ex talked about it and I asked her if she would rather us buy a boat for the price and she declined. It's all about looking good to other women selfishly.

A woman is selfish enough to allow you to spend 5-10,000$ on a ring, But a woman bitches if a man buys a tv for 800$ Selfish cvnts

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men compete about who builds the bigger company and hires more people, women compete about how many resources their men have and how much of that they can get.

By resources I dont necessarily mean money from a rich man but also committment from a stud.

PantyWhisperer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even worse are the women who want to "upgrade" the original diamond later on down the road when the man is making more money. That happens a lot more than you think. So much for sentimentality.