Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If You're English......I Need Your Help

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup British Dj's......I'm vacationing with family to go to England May 23rd

Can you guys give me some advice for djing in England where many standards/traditions are much different than here in America.....One in particular I heard was that English men are alittle shy about approaching women on the street and asking for numbers, I figure I'd use this to my advantage and come in and play the 'rich american' stereotype (dispite the fact I am FAR from it) to sweep them off their feet

Any advice so I can tap as many of your woman-folk as possible? :)

Jake-inator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you want to game british women?

I guess you haven't seen em yet... or been in a bar fight with one. :crackup:

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "cold pickup" isnt used very much in the UK. Guys in general don't approach on the street. Girls are hostile to pickups in the street, on the bus etc. Of course, if your American then they might look at things differently.

The bar scenes where it all happens, really. And as long as you can look sort of 18, you can get into clubs too, so theres a heck of a lotta young slappers in bars.

A lot depends also on where you are in the UK - Londoners are really unfriendly in general, whereas girls from the North are more "up for it", shall we say.

Although, I've never visited the US. Come back when you've done over here and give us a field report comparing the differences, OK?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think one or two on here have had different results to above, even in London.

As Johnny foreigner, even if it were true, for you it doesn't apply.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suppose you could use the on the street aproach but you might just look like a d1ck, sort of like if you were middle eastern where its normal to argue and barter to get a lower price, if you went in to mac D's in the united states and started it youd look a right d1ckhead....similar is true for cold approach in u.k. why not try to meet some birds online first, many will be intrigued by your being american, warning though.....try not to come off as a big thick american cvnt........

Teen Spirit

Banned
Reaction score
You're allowed to pork girls as young as 16, so don't be hesitant to approach the border lines. :cheer:

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Copied to wingman forum

Copied to Wingman forum. thefonz, check for your post there also.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
may be slightly to late for you now, but anyhow

i'm not into cold approaches at all, but when iw as in america i would play on my accent and deliberatly start conversatiosn when possible.

In the street, i might stop and aska pretty girl for directiosn to soemwhere, normally as soon as you open your mouth people are interested to speak to you becasue you have an accent, it should be similar in the UK, and not as 'weird' as a cold approach.

But it does all work around going out here, maybe you should combine the two, go out at night, and go ask some girls where is good to go, they may invite you along with them....

In clubs, if you just make an effort to speak toa few girls, not sleazily, you will be doing well compared to a lot of others.

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never heard so much crap from some members about british women.

Treat them like you would back home. Women are the same wherever you go dude. I make it a habit of cold approaching and picking up women on the street, in book stores etc

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by englishcrap
Never heard so much crap from some members about british women.

Treat them like you would back home. Women are the same wherever you go dude. I make it a habit of cold approaching and picking up women on the street, in book stores etc
sorry, but treating women in the UK and the US the same is not gonan get you that far.

thefonz even commented in another post how he thought it was different over here.

I've lived in the US, and yeah, they don't have third arms over there, but there are deffinate diffirences. Girls over here give you a lot more 'chat' i.e have something to say for themselves, than it seems over there, mind you I always jsut got 'oh my god, i love your accent, thats so cool'.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard they were snobs and snubbed their noses alot . do they?

fivefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah your right they are all *****es snobby ones who are as cold as ice. Dont even think about picking up english girls they are a waste of time. I think many of them got raped and beaten when they were young thats why they are so *****y.

Originally posted by penkitten
i heard they were snobs and snubbed their noses alot . do they?

fivefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
english men are shy of approaching women on the street because the women are cold hearted *****es.
Originally posted by thefonz
Sup British Dj's......I'm vacationing with family to go to England May 23rd

Can you guys give me some advice for djing in England where many standards/traditions are much different than here in America.....One in particular I heard was that English men are alittle shy about approaching women on the street and asking for numbers, I figure I'd use this to my advantage and come in and play the 'rich american' stereotype (dispite the fact I am FAR from it) to sweep them off their feet

Any advice so I can tap as many of your woman-folk as possible? :)

Poindexter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: If You're English......I Need Your Help

Originally posted by fivefingers
english men are shy of approaching women on the street because the women are cold hearted *****es.
Hahahahahaa

True story though - the women here spoil easy. Sour because they try so hard to achieve the cucumber sandwich lifestyle their partner barely provides.

The blue collars are so uptight - a theme I'll come back to again.

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thefonz
I figure I'd use this to my advantage and come in and play the 'rich american' stereotype (dispite the fact I am FAR from it) to sweep them off their feet

i don't think that will get you far anywhere in the world, (well maybe a poor country)

no offense saying this, but americans abroad probably are best to be at least like your sterotypical amaerican as possible!

fivefingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Americans are great people. The english suck especially the women I hate them.