Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you aren't intermittent fasting I want to know why not

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dead Serious.

I've been doing this for 30 days and the results are astounding.

I actually have a full 6 pack for the first time with adonis belt.

Dropped from 13-14 to 11-10 bodyfat in 30 DAYS

My FACE looks better, even though I wasn't fat before, (had 4 pack and fairly good definition) I wasn't LEAN either, my jaw and cheekbones have serious definition now, I am more ATTRACTIVE.

eating pretty much whatever I want during eating window. Last night had a kfc stacker burger, large fries, coke and a ice cream sandwich plus 2 protein shakes and a garden salad. That's pretty typical eating for me this month. I had a cheat day on the weekend and went nuts plus I've been out for dinner a few times eating ribs, fried chicken, Mexican food and margaritas. Fat loss still consistent every day around 0.3lbs to 0.5lbs

Have WAY more energy, no carb crash whatsoever. No loss of strength in the gym, increase in libido.

If you are looking for an edge give this a try. Fat loss + muscle gains + more energy and libido for minimal outlay is no joke.

Last edited:

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I did something similar actually, for 1 month and a half I was eating only ready made microwavables, 1 in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon. I counted calories, and ate less than 1000 kcal in a day if I remember. It paid off, I lost about 50 lbs.

Healthy? It is not! And you do hit a flat in your progress and then gain back when you start eating again.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long do you normally go without eating?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried it somewhat before. Maybe because I'm a lot younger my hormones are already a bit more wacko than most so intermittent fasting will only fvck it up lol. It was unintentional for me though whenever I did it. I think it is because that's just how our ancestors ate in the prehistoric times. Not snacking throughout the day, but a few very big meals consisting of whatever the hell we wanted. It works for some people, but personally I don't think it's for me, not right now anyway.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did something similar actually, for 1 month and a half I was eating only ready made microwavables, 1 in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon. I counted calories, and ate less than 1000 kcal in a day if I remember. It paid off, I lost about 50 lbs.

Healthy? It is not! And you do hit a flat in your progress and then gain back when you start eating again.
That's not similar at all. I have 2000 calories a day on this cut

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your eating Windows? So your only eating 4 hours a day?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried it, and got fat as f*ck. It's not for me. I almost always over-ate.

I have learned to go by 'feel', and the mirror, much more with my body, not numbers/calories/etc. THAT has worked more than anything. If I feel bad afterwards, bad decision. Before long you know your triggers.

I'm not to the point to where I say it is incredibly STUPID nutritional advice, but I'm close. It was that bad for me. Plus, the whole point of fasting is to keep your mind focused on a task, whatever that may be, not on losing weight.

sch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat 8 hours a day from 11 to 7, and count calories (<2000). I lost about 5-6kg with it, still I'm pretty fat.

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a traditional breakfast, lunch, and dinner type of guy. I like to eat within an hour of waking normally, and I like to eat every 4-6 hours. I just don't think I have the discipline nor the inclination for IF. I tried it before for a month and I was simply miserable. Something that worked better for me however was keto.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

No, what YOU are doing isn't healthy and does exactly what you said it does. Intermittent fasting is completely different if you do it right. You aren't restricting calories, just changing how you eat them, either by going 24 hours between feeds on alternate days or going 14-16 hours per day between eating. You then eat your normal amount of food.

It's actually extremely healthy for you...it lowers inflammation, greatly increases insulin sensitivity and you can lose a LOT of fat quickly if you do it right. And when I say fat, I mean almost PURE FAT, not the 50% fat/50% muscle you lose by other methods...

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, what YOU are doing isn't healthy and does exactly what you said it does. Intermittent fasting is completely different if you do it right. You aren't restricting calories, just changing how you eat them, either by going 24 hours between feeds on alternate days or going 14-16 hours per day between eating. You then eat your normal amount of food.

It's actually extremely healthy for you...it lowers inflammation, greatly increases insulin sensitivity and you can lose a LOT of fat quickly if you do it right. And when I say fat, I mean almost PURE FAT, not the 50% fat/50% muscle you lose by other methods...
Marmel, can you explain me exactly what this is? Is it just eating every 16 hours? I'm still confused how this works.

Do you only eat in a 4 hour period every day?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How is this any different than just eating breakfast at 9 (or skipping it), lunch at 12 and dinner at 5? That's a 9-hour period, leaving you 15 hours of not eating, when you're mostly sleeping anyway. How the heck does that stimulate weight loss?

Eating fewer meals, and more food at those meals, has always been disastrous for me. Hopefully there is something I'm missing. Are you eating 5 meals/day, just in a smaller window?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is this any different than just eating breakfast at 9 (or skipping it), lunch at 12 and dinner at 5? That's a 9-hour period, leaving you 15 hours of not eating, when you're mostly sleeping anyway. How the heck does that stimulate weight loss?

Eating fewer meals, and more food at those meals, has always been disastrous for me. Hopefully there is something I'm missing. Are you eating 5 meals/day, just in a smaller window?
It's very easy, it has to do with hormones. Hormones control every aspect of your life. Specifically...this relates to insulin, growth hormone and insulin sensitivity.

When you eat food, insulin is released every time it happens. No matter how "clean" you eat, or how minimal the insulin release is, it is released in the body. The amount of time that insulin stays active in your body determines how much fat your body can burn over a given period of time. The longer insulin remains active, the less your body can burn fat. While insulin is active fat burning is shut off. When you are constantly eating, especially when you are eating foods that are high insulin releasing foods(processed foods, foods high in sugar, etc), more insulin is required to be released and the more that is released, the longer it takes to get out of the system.

On the flip side, when you go long periods of time without eating in a specific manner, you utilize your hormones to work with you instead of against you. You keep insulin levels off allowing long periods of fat burning. In addition, your body releases a large amount of growth hormone in the short-term to release fat for energy. Growth hormone peaks at 24 hours of fasting at levels roughly 600% higher than normal...when you are increasing your growth hormone levels to this degree regularly you are greatly increasing your fat burning potential of your body. In fact, research has shown the greatest indicator of weight gain or loss is not how many calories you eat but the number of hours your eating is confined to. Your body also greatly increases its insulin sensitivity when you fast regularly so that when you do eat, insulin is in your body for lower amounts of time than it normally would be if you didn't. Combining these two things together means you are basically increasing your fat burning potential on a daily basis even when you aren't fasting.

I have used this method to quickly and effectively lose a large amount of "winter weight" in a period of 6-7 weeks, losing 25-35 lbs easily, with the majority coming in the first 4 weeks. It's not out of the question to lose 12-13 lbs or more in the first 2 weeks by following an alternate day fasting routine with a weekly refeed once a week to boost leptin and thyroid production to ensure optimal fat burning potential. This whole it's not good to lose more than 2 lbs a week of weight is based off of old science and does not jibe with current research on how the body actually works. Not to mention that the weight lost with alternate day fasting has been shown to be nearly pure fat---90% of the weight lost is fat versus 50% fat/50% muscle with virtually every other method researchers have compared it to. This makes perfect logical sense as growth hormone acts as a dual weapon in this both preserving muscle while mobilizing fat.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very easy, it has to do with hormones. Hormones control every aspect of your life. Specifically...this relates to insulin, growth hormone and insulin sensitivity.

When you eat food, insulin is released every time it happens. No matter how "clean" you eat, or how minimal the insulin release is, it is released in the body. The amount of time that insulin stays active in your body determines how much fat your body can burn over a given period of time. The longer insulin remains active, the less your body can burn fat. While insulin is active fat burning is shut off. When you are constantly eating, especially when you are eating foods that are high insulin releasing foods(processed foods, foods high in sugar, etc), more insulin is required to be released and the more that is released, the longer it takes to get out of the system.

On the flip side, when you go long periods of time without eating in a specific manner, you utilize your hormones to work with you instead of against you. You keep insulin levels off allowing long periods of fat burning. In addition, your body releases a large amount of growth hormone in the short-term to release fat for energy. Growth hormone peaks at 24 hours of fasting at levels roughly 600% higher than normal...when you are increasing your growth hormone levels to this degree regularly you are greatly increasing your fat burning potential of your body. In fact, research has shown the greatest indicator of weight gain or loss is not how many calories you eat but the number of hours your eating is confined to. Your body also greatly increases its insulin sensitivity when you fast regularly so that when you do eat, insulin is in your body for lower amounts of time than it normally would be if you didn't. Combining these two things together means you are basically increasing your fat burning potential on a daily basis even when you aren't fasting.

I have used this method to quickly and effectively lose a large amount of "winter weight" in a period of 6-7 weeks, losing 25-35 lbs easily, with the majority coming in the first 4 weeks. It's not out of the question to lose 12-13 lbs or more in the first 2 weeks by following an alternate day fasting routine with a weekly refeed once a week to boost leptin and thyroid production to ensure optimal fat burning potential. This whole it's not good to lose more than 2 lbs a week of weight is based off of old science and does not jibe with current research on how the body actually works. Not to mention that the weight lost with alternate day fasting has been shown to be nearly pure fat---90% of the weight lost is fat versus 50% fat/50% muscle with virtually every other method researchers have compared it to. This makes perfect logical sense as growth hormone acts as a dual weapon in this both preserving muscle while mobilizing fat.
Sounds too good to be true. What would you consider a perfect time/diet plan for someone who wanted to do this fast? I mean, people have been saying for years to eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism high.

So in essence, as long as I eat healthy and don't overeat, I can eat all my meals between 9 am and 5 pm, and will lose weight?? And I've never liked eating breakfast, so cutting that out and eating an early lunch at 11 and then say, dinner at 7, could accomplish the same thing? Usually my lunch is some combination of meat/vegetables, maybe a sandwich on wheat bread, then dinner is a huge salad with various things on it, plus a couple other things afterwards.

I agree about total calories, from my experience. That's never been an indicator of weight gain/loss for me.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have used this method to quickly and effectively lose a large amount of "winter weight" in a period of 6-7 weeks, losing 25-35 lbs easily, with the majority coming in the first 4 weeks.
You gained 25-35 lbs. of weight in just one winter and then dropped it?

I've never tried fasting and I'm not a nutritionist, but it sounds like yet another fad diet. Like my doctor told me, it's simple: Exercise more, eat better. I'll leave the fasting to the political prisoners. Anything that promises to shed a lot of weight "quickly" sounds too good to be true. But I'll also admit: I have no interest in depriving myself of nourishment for extended periods. So I will take your word for it....

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You gained 25-35 lbs. of weight in just one winter and then dropped it?

I've never tried fasting and I'm not a nutritionist, but it sounds like yet another fad diet. Like my doctor told me, it's simple: Exercise more, eat better. I'll leave the fasting to the political prisoners. Anything that promises to shed a lot of weight "quickly" sounds too good to be true. But I'll also admit: I have no interest in depriving myself of nourishment for extended periods. So I will take your word for it....
It was back when I still believed what I read about "bulking and cutting" when lifting weights. If it was really that simple, the population wouldn't be getting more and more obese every year. This has nothing to do with fads and everything to do with controlling your hormones instead of letting them control you.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The skinny (get it?) on intermittent fasting. It's NOT a "short term" thing. It's a way to eat for the rest of your life. Some (doctors) think it might even help fight cancer, as they believe it could be a metabolic based disease.

Source

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The skinny (get it?) on intermittent fasting. It's NOT a "short term" thing. It's a way to eat for the rest of your life. Some (doctors) think it might even help fight cancer, as they believe it could be a metabolic based disease.

Source

I can't see restricting your calories to 12-6 being anything but disastrous. Doing the 8-5 I can almost go with, which leaves you 15 hours of fasting. I went through plenty of times in my life where I simply skipped breakfast every day, and at lunch as my first meal, then would eat dinner around 5. Most times I would semi-eat healthy. Not only did it make me fat, it also encouraged eating later in the night. Yeah, not eating breakfast is easier because it's more convenient, but dinner is not quit as easy.

The perfect, most natural diet seems to me to be 3 meals per day, 80% fruits and vegetables, 20% whatever you want, based on your goals. And eat the vegetables first. Do that, you don't overeat.

I don't know, fasting just seems like the latest bro-science to me. Potatoes, bread and pasta are not bad in moderation. And telling someone to eat a bunch of fattening (even the good fats) is stupid. It's still a ridiculous amount of calories.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, fasting just seems like the latest bro-science to me. Potatoes, bread and pasta are not bad in moderation. And telling someone to eat a bunch of fattening (even the good fats) is stupid. It's still a ridiculous amount of calories.
Well, like it or not that is a consistently growing body of science (doctors) who believe otherwise. I've been intermittent fasting for the past couple of years, eat mainly fat (low carbs, adequate protein) and I've never felt better. I'm rarely hungry and I do tons of HIIT every morning.

Plenty articles (written by docs) that explain the science behind it. There is also quite a body of evidence (that's been known for a while) that a calorie restricted diet can significantly extend life. They (the docs who study this stuff) tend to think that intermittent fasting provides the same benefits.

Do your own research, there's plenty of books, articles by docs, etc. I honestly can't see myself living any other way.