Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you aren't going forward, you are giong backwards

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
headFirst said:
I agree with BackBreaker.. You build the kingdom you live in.. You can't meet someone and expect to keep them around by staying static while the other person is looking to move up in life.. You only live once. Why she should she stay with the guy to avoid hurting his feelings? If you had a nice average house you lived in for 15 yrs.. you were happy there but then suddenly you won 250 million dollars. You think you'd live in that house for the rest of your life? No because a bigger happier opportunity arose to do better..
So then any gf you are with, or any wife, or my gf or my wife, or even you or I for that matter should leave the person we are with as soon as we meet someone prettier or who makes more money.

Great way to go through life. Just make it one big game. Everyone leave everyone else as soon as you find a person making more bucks, and first one to get with Warren Buffet or the Queen of England wins!

Look, no one is saying you should stop bettering yourself. But to say that money or fame or material things are the be all and end all of happiness is wrong. And to cheat on a significant other while trying to find that bigger and better someone is just the wrong way to go about it.

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah I am chuckling. You guys are always entertaining. I would love to get all of us together in a room and see just what the hell would happen...

In regards to the topic at hand: I see both sides. Restaurant manager ain't a bad gig at all. Especially in these trying times. BUT, the impression I get is the dude was coasting, in every avenue of life. Doesn't sound like he had any badazz hobbies he was pursuing, and even though maybe he couldn't afford to cruise over to Hawaii or wherever every two months with the rest of BB's posse doesn't mean he couldn't plan some more affordable yet still fulfilling getaways for he and his girl. He got complacent and the thrill dissipated for her. I do believe that she was still way out of line for starting something up while they were together though...of course. I think BB's point was more so; don't get complacent, fellow DJ's. I don't think his intention was to give a supportive high-five to all the scandalous ho's of the world.

Now onto BB...

BB is obviously an intelligent dude. He has a creative, engaging writing style and almost always evokes a laugh from me in any given one of his posts. He and I share a lot of interests (reading, history, etc) and I often see eye to eye with him. In fact I tried to setup a time to hang once before as we live nearby, but never heard back from him. However, as is often the case with intelligent creative people, I think he probably has some minor degree of bipolar or something of the kind (as do I), which results in posts like his last couple in this thread. BB you are welcome to jump in and refute this, it's not an insult, just loose conjecture based on observation.

In any case, I have always loved debate for as long as I can remember. Being exceedingly good at it doesn't hurt. But we all ought to keep in mind one of my favorite quotes of all time, by the philosopher I perhaps respect the most:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

- Aristotle

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AlphaWhiskey said:
Ah I am chuckling. You guys are always entertaining. I would love to get all of us together in a room and see just what the hell would happen...

In regards to the topic at hand: I see both sides. Restaurant manager ain't a bad gig at all. Especially in these trying times. BUT, the impression I get is the dude was coasting, in every avenue of life. Doesn't sound like he had any badazz hobbies he was pursuing, and even though maybe he couldn't afford to cruise over to Hawaii or wherever every two months with the rest of BB's posse doesn't mean he couldn't plan some more affordable yet still fulfilling getaways for he and his girl. He got complacent and the thrill dissipated for her. I do believe that she was still way out of line for starting something up while they were together though...of course. I think BB's point was more so; don't get complacent, fellow DJ's. I don't think his intention was to give a supportive high-five to all the scandalous ho's of the world.

Now onto BB...

BB is obviously an intelligent dude. He has a creative, engaging writing style and almost always evokes a laugh in any given one of his posts. He and I share a lot of interests (reading, history, etc) and I often see eye to eye with him. In fact I tried to setup a time to hang once before as we live nearby, but never heard back from him. However, as is often the case with intelligent creative people, I think he probably has some minor degree of bipolar or something of the kind (as do I), which results in posts like his last couple in this thread. BB you are welcome to jump in and refute this, it's not an insult, just loose conjecture based on observation.

In any case, I have always loved debate for as long as I can remember. Being exceedingly good at it doesn't hurt. But we all ought to keep in mind one of my favorite quotes of all time, by the philosopher I perhaps respect the most:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

- Aristotle
Alpha I too have tried to set things up with BB as I live just a little west of him in Pasadena. And since we both have a love for horses, he gambling and me gambling and having trained and owned race horses for many years, I have tried to set something up at Santa Anita many times. But he is like that girl that plays hard to get, I can never get him to commit haha. I even presented him with a good business opp and never heard back.
Not sure what to make of that.

Anyway, yeah he probably does suffer from some sort of issue because he is just way to smart of a guy to be acting this way.

AW1983

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Not sure what to make of that.
Haha, yeah, I just figured dude probably prefers to keep his SoSuave operations and his personal life separate, which I understand.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa! I had THREE PMs telling me to check out this thread. I'll spare you the words used to describe it---------but all I can say is...WHAT THE FUKK??? Uhh...what just happened here? I leave for a couple of days only to come back to discover that we've almost turned the place into "FIGHT CLUB"!

I'm amazed at how SERIOUSLY some of us take these Internet debates. I've seen this scenario play out MANY TIMES before. So much so, that I did a post about it YEARS ago. I really believe that it's appropriate to revisit it here. Allow me to quote myself:

ALTERNATIVE VIEWS MEMO

How should the soldiers here correctly process Internal Intel bandied about on the Internet Forums?

"Alternative views CAN be very valuable for us here. Sometimes, the injection of an alternate viewpoint can serve a variety of purposes:

1. Alternative views can cause posters who have a rather extremist view on some things to adopt a more holistic perception of the subject at hand. And subsequently, that original poster may see some value in taking a more "nuanced" and less "balls to the wall" approach to that topic than he would have considered taking before. Thus, bettering HIMSELF, inadvertently.

Extremism in ANY direction is usually a one-way ticket to either eventual failure, self-sabotage, or self-destruction.

2. Alternate viewpoints that strike a blow that FREES the hearts and minds of readers who may need to be delivered from the prison of "HERO or HEROINE Worship" is ultimately, A GOOD THING. An alternate viewpoint can help us realize that ownership of COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE is the sole property of NO ONE. We can all learn something from each other (whether the lesson be positive or negative)----and we can benefit in some way as the result of this.

3. Lastly, the "invasion" of alternate viewpoints can sometimes reveal personal, deep-seated issues that MAY exist within those who "read" them----and take serious issue with them. Many times when there is a vehement, overly heated, or damn near VIOLENT reaction to an alternate viewpoint-----it can be an indicator that the person who reacts this way is either too unhealthily extreme and/or too emotionally invested in his own views, OR, is too unhealthily extreme and/or too emotionally invested in actively "hating on" the person who had the sheer audacity to express that alternate viewpoint.

And when this happens, alternative views are then ONLY seen as OPPOSING-----and the WAR OF THE WORDS begins...

Either way, nothing reveals how sensitive a "VIEWPOINT NERVE" really is until it's actually "touched" in some way. Whether it be bitterness from past hurts, the shock from seeing a sudden flash of light that reveals the evidence of having a severe case of tunnel-vision, or simply an ingrained, adverse reaction to WHO or WHAT that poster represents to them-----the results remain the same for the offended party:

Intelligent discussion takes a BACK SEAT, emotional equilibrium is lost, while PRIDE, EGO, AND BLIND PASSION all struggle to grab THE WHEEL-----each fighting for control----each trying to steer the conversation in a direction that will ultimately benefit NO ONE.

So, no matter WHAT the poster who posts an alternative view may have initially meant to accomplish, how we process what has been "said" still remains OUR OWN individual choice.

I would only ask that we all show greater diligence in exercising our awareness------so that we may CHOOSE WISELY, soldiers.

Peace...one day."

In other words...how about we all just lighten "The FUKK" up?

V.U.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
I don't think The Breaker is wrong because I happen to disagree with him on a point of ethics....certainly not,he just has a different values system...He is a self made Man who has done it hard....I am one of those who admire altruism,the concern for the finer things in life,above crass materialism...but I am becoming increasingly aware,that this is also one of the Hall marks of a Culture in Decline...Sadly we are playing out the last stage in the final decline of Western Civilisation...In the days to come the Breaker will be better fitted to survive than most of us.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What this girl did was in no way unique. I would say it is common -- she wasn't getting everything she wanted in her relationship but stayed in it because she hoped it would progress and because there were no other branches of higher value available for her to grab. Then, while the relationship continued to drift along, a higher value branch was presented to her to grab so she grabbed it. This is how most relationships end! Women rarely end them without a backup guy at the ready.

Many things contribute to higher value, some are emotional, some are physical, some portray lifestyle/status, and women value all of them. Take my situation: I live in a cluttered, beat up apartment. Women over age 30 do not respect that whatsoever, so my perceived value falls. If/when I buy a house my perceived value will rise. If, while a girl is at my place, I say yeah I am saving cash so I can put down $300,000 on a house their perception of my value based on the apartment might change.

While women certainly want sex from a relationship they value security, social status, respect, and the need to be impressed as part of a relationship. Men don't really expect these things from women but I assure you they are always being weighed as part of a woman's perceived value of a man. If you're a 9 because of your looks you can get away with slacking in some areas. But if you're a 6.5 in looks and a 10 in having your sh*t together, overall you are probably a 7.5 to a woman who might be thinking of leaving her 7.0 boyfriend.

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
So then any gf you are with, or any wife, or my gf or my wife, or even you or I for that matter should leave the person we are with as soon as we meet someone prettier or who makes more money.
The analogy isn't to just drop something for something better. It's if the opportunity arises and you would be happy with something else then it's your life.

Okay maybe my analogy did come off as a little greedy. What I was getting at is this, You find someone you are happy with great. You are in your early 20's strolling through life at the same pace growing with each other. Suddenly one person plateaus because they are living for the present and no real will to move on or set and reach any new goals.. The other person is seeking excitement, venture.. climbing that mountain.. Maybe it took them a while to realize it, or maybe they had some sort of epiphany. But no one should be forced to stay with someone to please the other person. Sometimes people change, it may be for better or worse.

In this case it looks like they both changed. But in opposite directions. The OP never said she was cheating on him, so there is no hard evidence of that. She was testing her options. She isn't married, and she realized she wanted to improve her life somehow and a change in relationship may just of been it.

No one knows the conversations that went on behind closed doors. If the relationship was 4 yrs long, I doubt she just up and left. She probably gave subtle hints or warnings far in advance.

Now if she was banging guys, and telling him she loved him, and meeting some other guy for a quickly shortly after then yes, I'd side with the rest of you. In this case, there is nothing wrong with trying to improve your life. She wasn't happy standing still he was.. so she moved on.

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanabe said:
But if you're a 6.5 in looks and a 10 in having your sh*t together, overall you are probably a 7.5 to a woman who might be thinking of leaving her 7.0 boyfriend.
I actually saw a study on this. They took random girls off the street and showed a select few of those girls a picture of a guy. He was about a 6-6.5. They were told he's a successful guy making $250,000 a year. Then they showed them a more attractive guy, muscular, probably a 9. Said he made about 35k a year. The guy who made more money was voted more attractive to the ladies and favored overall.

They did this same test with the other control group of girls, but reversed the men's roles. Obviously the more attractive guy who made lots of money won. When girls looked at the unattractive guy and was told he made less than 40k a year.. they said he wasn't really that attractive, and that they would pic the other guy.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
headFirst said:
The analogy isn't to just drop something for something better. It's if the opportunity arises and you would be happy with something else then it's your life.

Okay maybe my analogy did come off as a little greedy. What I was getting at is this, You find someone you are happy with great. You are in your early 20's strolling through life at the same pace growing with each other. Suddenly one person plateaus because they are living for the present and no real will to move on or set and reach any new goals.. The other person is seeking excitement, venture.. climbing that mountain.. Maybe it took them a while to realize it, or maybe they had some sort of epiphany. But no one should be forced to stay with someone to please the other person. Sometimes people change, it may be for better or worse.

In this case it looks like they both changed. But in opposite directions. The OP never said she was cheating on him, so there is no hard evidence of that. She was testing her options. She isn't married, and she realized she wanted to improve her life somehow and a change in relationship may just of been it.

No one knows the conversations that went on behind closed doors. If the relationship was 4 yrs long, I doubt she just up and left. She probably gave subtle hints or warnings far in advance.

Now if she was banging guys, and telling him she loved him, and meeting some other guy for a quickly shortly after then yes, I'd side with the rest of you. In this case, there is nothing wrong with trying to improve your life. She wasn't happy standing still he was.. so she moved on.
Actually BB said she was cheating on the ex bf. She had met the new guy for many dinners, and BB's wife believes they have had sex.

headFirst

Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Actually BB said she was cheating on the ex bf. She had met the new guy for many dinners, and BB's wife believes they have had sex.
I know I saw that. But I guess I'm going off the fact that there wasn't really solid evidence she had sex with the other guy. Who knows though.

In the end I don't know this B!tch.. And I can care less about her.

I'm just agreeing to the fact that this guy couldn't expect to walk down easy street all his life and keep a girl who seems to have a lot of options. I was defending my reasoning for agreeing with BB.. which incidentally favored the girls long term motive.. not in sleeping with some dude while dating another if that really did happen.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
headFirst said:
I actually saw a study on this. They took random girls off the street and showed a select few of those girls a picture of a guy. He was about a 6-6.5. They were told he's a successful guy making $250,000 a year. Then they showed them a more attractive guy, muscular, probably a 9. Said he made about 35k a year. The guy who made more money was voted more attractive to the ladies and favored overall.

They did this same test with the other control group of girls, but reversed the men's roles. Obviously the more attractive guy who made lots of money won. When girls looked at the unattractive guy and was told he made less than 40k a year.. they said he wasn't really that attractive, and that they would pic the other guy.
DJ's rule #1: observe what women do, not what they say they do.

You do realise in your first scenario, there is nothing stopping women from using both men, right? You think they're just gonna pick one and be done with it?

Women can fvck a guy for many different reasons: because they're genuinely attracted, just horny and he's the closest available d1ck, or want to extract resources from him.

If having a successful career and making good money were the definitive answer to women, this site (and similar ones) wouldn't exist.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy, but the girl has the right to date whoever she wants to. I don't agree with the way she went about it, but I'm not surprised. Aren't we told that women will get a firm grasp on the next branch before letting go of the current one?

Also, there was probably no way for her to break it off that would have been painless for the guy. Since she cheated on him, maybe he can comfort himself that with thoughts that she was a low quality woman.

But they weren't married, the woman definitely had the right to break it off and go date somebody else, whatever her reason. I'm not totally convinced this was because of his career, but I don't rule it out either. The idea that it was his lack of ambition is supported by this:

backbreaker said:
lol i knew he was in trouble at our wedding last year (she was a bridesmaid). something seemed to click in her head at that time i could tell by the comments she was making
We aren't told what the comments were here, but I imagine they were something along the lines of "My friend is so lucky marrying that Backbreaker guy, because he's loaded, and has such a nice place to live". If you're a guy and your girlfriend/wife has friends who are jealous of her because of you, that's about the best position you can be in.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
Whoa! I had THREE PMs telling me to check out this thread. I'll spare you the words used to describe it---------but all I can say is...WHAT THE FUKK??? Uhh...what just happened here? I leave for a couple of days only to come back to discover that we've almost turned the place into "FIGHT CLUB"!

I'm amazed at how SERIOUSLY some of us take these Internet debates. I've seen this scenario play out MANY TIMES before. So much so, that I did a post about it YEARS ago. I really believe that it's appropriate to revisit it here. Allow me to quote myself:

ALTERNATIVE VIEWS MEMO

How should the soldiers here correctly process Internal Intel bandied about on the Internet Forums?

"Alternative views CAN be very valuable for us here. Sometimes, the injection of an alternate viewpoint can serve a variety of purposes:

1. Alternative views can cause posters who have a rather extremist view on some things to adopt a more holistic perception of the subject at hand. And subsequently, that original poster may see some value in taking a more "nuanced" and less "balls to the wall" approach to that topic than he would have considered taking before. Thus, bettering HIMSELF, inadvertently.

Extremism in ANY direction is usually a one-way ticket to either eventual failure, self-sabotage, or self-destruction.

2. Alternate viewpoints that strike a blow that FREES the hearts and minds of readers who may need to be delivered from the prison of "HERO or HEROINE Worship" is ultimately, A GOOD THING. An alternate viewpoint can help us realize that ownership of COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE is the sole property of NO ONE. We can all learn something from each other (whether the lesson be positive or negative)----and we can benefit in some way as the result of this.

3. Lastly, the "invasion" of alternate viewpoints can sometimes reveal personal, deep-seated issues that MAY exist within those who "read" them----and take serious issue with them. Many times when there is a vehement, overly heated, or damn near VIOLENT reaction to an alternate viewpoint-----it can be an indicator that the person who reacts this way is either too unhealthily extreme and/or too emotionally invested in his own views, OR, is too unhealthily extreme and/or too emotionally invested in actively "hating on" the person who had the sheer audacity to express that alternate viewpoint.

And when this happens, alternative views are then ONLY seen as OPPOSING-----and the WAR OF THE WORDS begins...

Either way, nothing reveals how sensitive a "VIEWPOINT NERVE" really is until it's actually "touched" in some way. Whether it be bitterness from past hurts, the shock from seeing a sudden flash of light that reveals the evidence of having a severe case of tunnel-vision, or simply an ingrained, adverse reaction to WHO or WHAT that poster represents to them-----the results remain the same for the offended party:

Intelligent discussion takes a BACK SEAT, emotional equilibrium is lost, while PRIDE, EGO, AND BLIND PASSION all struggle to grab THE WHEEL-----each fighting for control----each trying to steer the conversation in a direction that will ultimately benefit NO ONE.

So, no matter WHAT the poster who posts an alternative view may have initially meant to accomplish, how we process what has been "said" still remains OUR OWN individual choice.

I would only ask that we all show greater diligence in exercising our awareness------so that we may CHOOSE WISELY, soldiers.

Peace...one day."

V.U.
I don't think anyone here really knows why BB is upset tbh. I know I don't. A few people disagreed with him yes, but no one was going after him personally.

What am I missing??

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug:

"If having a successful career and making good money were the definitive answer to women, this site (and similar ones) wouldn't exist."

No one said definitive answer. It is, however, reality that women look at the total package when choosing the guy they date. There are many facets to this, looks is one part. There are others such as status, money, personality, etc. TOTAL PACKAGE.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:

ALTERNATIVE VIEWS MEMO

Peace...one day."

V.U.
V.U. is right on the money. Why do we get so emotionally invested in this stuff? EGO.

Some posters here are revealed to be very thin-skinned when two or more posters disagree with them. They feel it is an attack on their credibility, EXPECIALLY when they have lots of green dots.

In fact, the members of the "Lots 'O Green Dots Club" need to be careful that they don't let that affect how they write or how they respond. They must also be aware that they are going to be occasionally challenged by some guys here and there who are envious of the almighty green dot. I've had a few come my way, where they feel like they are David challenging and hopefully smiting what they perceive as Goliath. In reality green dots are nothing more than a nod of appreciation from our peers.

Who is Atom Smasher? A one-dimensional personna. A small portion of that which makes up the real man. It is who I choose to reveal myself as, very often in a tongue-in-cheek with a bit of "know-it-all" arrogance thrown in for good measure. In the midst of that there is some solid advice and alternative perceptions that sometimes erupt from my brain and gain a nod of appreciation. The key phrase here is "tongue-in-cheek".

Who is V.U.? Who is BB? Who is Iceberg, who is any other frequent poster? Each is just a representation of a small slice of the pie that actually makes up the man. A personna.

Aren't we here just to help each other out a little when we can and exchange ideas? When challenged, it shouldn't be that monumental a thing where our egos bring us to the point where we state that "almost everyone here fu_king sucks" and then leave in a hissy fit.

Like someone else said, it's that time of year again. BB will be back, and it will be business as usual.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"One-dimensional persona." Yep. That sums it up perfectly. So was our picture of the restaurant manager. For all we know, he's working on a time machine in his basement. Lots of us pursue hobbies or studies or jobs that most people wouldn't understand even if you took a couple days to explain to them. That's the problem living in this superficial culture. It's like the stereotypical Ugly American who greets strangers with "What line are you in?" (Basically, how much money do you have and how do you get it?)

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow.

BB, you've been on the internet long enough to know the score.

It's those that are here to circlejerk (agree with the things they all believe)
those who will disagree
those who will try to get a rise out of people (trolls)
those who are here to learn
and those who are here to teach.

Stop looking for the circlejerk and stick to teaching. Does a teacher get pissed because some students fail? Nope, he doesn't. But circlejerkers sure do get mad when the jerk doesn't come back around their way. You're better than this bro.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Wow.

those who will disagree

Stop looking for the circlejerk and stick to teaching. Does a teacher get pissed because some students fail? Nope, he doesn't. But circlejerkers sure do get mad when the jerk doesn't come back around their way. You're better than this bro.
Yeah man, it's not even so much that they're "failing". They're just disagreeing with him or challenging him. Which is fine, really. THe internet is a big place. Can't expect everyone to agree.

Either way, he's a good dude. And he'll be fine.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Wow.

those who will disagree

he expressed an opnion, some people agree, some dont, he isnt a teacher, few of us are. its an internet forum when all is said and done.