Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ideal weight and lifting plan for a 30 year old man

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stats: Age 30, Weight: fluctuates between 187-190 lbs, 14%-15% Bodyfat, height: 6ft

I have been from 179 lbs to 245 lbs and I feel like I am fat because I do not clearly visible abs. In addition, the appeal to lifting heavy things isn't as attractive to me anymore. Anyone in a similar situation or was?

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to powerbuild (bodybuilding and powerlifting) but the powerlifts were too dampening to my central nervous system to allow myself to continue with the proper intensity for my bodybuilding exercises.
I switched to full blown hypertrophy goals and have since made some great progress.

RE bodyfat %... how many abs can you see? EDIT, not important.
If you think you're too fat, you're too fat. Start cutting.

OR if you do not have much muscle mass, consider putting more effort into building muscle first, then cutting later.

How many days a week can you train?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Depends what your goals are. Do you want to get lean or do you want to try and build muscle?

Or do both at the same time, but not as effectively as either by itself?

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have more of a Tom Hardy Physique right now similar to this picture. I don't want to get fatter, but I don't want to get skinnier to where It's hard for me to maintain that weight due to genetic eating patterns.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to pick a direction dude. I'd recommend 3 month bulk, 3 month cut. Never get too fat, never get so lean as to risk muscle loss.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to pick a direction dude. I'd recommend 3 month bulk, 3 month cut. Never get too fat, never get so lean as to risk muscle loss.
I think my biggest issue has been my diet because I have consistently been at the gym. I am going to set a meal plan for breakfast and lunch so I can have a lot of room at dinner.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to set a meal plan for breakfast and lunch so I can have a lot of room at dinner.
I did this during my cut and it worked VERY well.

I effectively followed this, but with my own supplements and meals:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I did this during my cut and it worked VERY well.

I effectively followed this, but with my own supplements and meals:
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I track everything that goes into my body. Usually have a cheat day on Sunday but I don't go as crazy as I used to.

Doing that once or twice a day would be a non starter for me.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I track everything that goes into my body. Usually have a cheat day on Sunday but I don't go as crazy as I used to.

Doing that once or twice a day would be a non starter for me.
Did you actually read the article?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Did you actually read the article?
Yeah it's basically a version of OMAD from what I can tell or 18-6 depending on how you do it with Amino Acid pulses twice a day.

I've tried OMAD, 16-8, 20-4, the Warrior Diet, Eat-Stop-Eat, etc...

My favorite is the one I currently use which is a modified 5:2 fasting cycle with carb cycling, 40% protein and meticulous calorie tracking

Last edited: