Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to get a cat

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the idea of getting a cat from the shelter. Those of you who have cats, what kind do you have? What are the pros and cons of different kinds of cats in terms of likely future health problems? Do most hotels let you bring a cat with you into the hotel when you travel?

Last edited:

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was always a 'Dog Person' while growing up, however, a few of my previously girlfriends have owned Cats, and over the years, I have started to like them more. If I lived in an apartment that allowed pets, I'd consider a cat. My ex-girlfriend hat a British Short-hair. One of my earlier girlfriends, had a Cat named Walter, which I was allergic to. I'm glad that allergy must have been specific to that Cat, as around others, I seem to be fine.

davidsonj73

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was always a 'Dog Person' while growing up, however, a few of my previously girlfriends have owned Cats, and over the years, I have started to like them more. If I lived in an apartment that allowed pets, I'd consider a cat. My ex-girlfriend hat a British Short-hair. One of my earlier girlfriends, had a Cat named Walter, which I was allergic to. I'm glad that allergy must have been specific to that Cat, as around others, I seem to be fine.
I am thinking about getting a Siamese cat. They are beautiful! I'm just not sure if cats are like dogs in that certain types of dogs are more prone to health problems than others. I'm not sure if cats are like that in that regard?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Snowshoes are kind of unique, and much heal their than Siamese, who can be very inbred.

The other cool cat to have is a Scottish Fold, even trippier if it’s polydactyl.

I used to refer to mine as my Scottish 4WD kitty.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 62, you should be reducing your level of responsibilities, not taking on new ones. A cat could live until you are 75 or beyond. Do you really want to spend your 70s at veterinarian's appointments and buying cat food?

A lot of women also perceive single men owning cats as a bit odd.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Surveys show that some women straight up find it a turn-off if a man owns a cat because cat-ownership is perceived as more feminine.

However, it could definitely have a positive effect with some cat-loving women. Overall it will harm your numbers game, but will help you niche down if you really like cats and like women who like cats.

I don't have a cat because allergies. But I do find them adorable. :love:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I admit I'm odd, but I don't think it harmed my SMV.

Surveys show that some women straight up find it a turn-off if a man owns a cat because cat-ownership is perceived as more feminine.
I don't know what surveys you are referring to, but no woman has ever 'perceived' me as 'feminine'. YMMV

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no woman has ever 'perceived' me as 'feminine'.
Bro you look like a f*ckin pirate biker who bangs people's moms; no one's going to call you feminine even if you wore a skirt

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard women in social settings make fun of men that have cats. I certainly wouldn't let that stop me.

Tabby's are a lot of fun. Playful and friendly. They are the most dog like of all cats I've been around.

I think Leukemia is pretty common in cats. It claimed one of mine but she was 17yo.

Some cats are terrified of traveling, however some are fine with it. I think it has a lot to do with at what age they started traveling.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro you look like a f*ckin pirate biker who bangs people's moms; no one's going to call you feminine even if you wore a skirt
True, they never comment on my hakama or my kilt. :cool:

Anyway, I don't think a cat makes a man look feminine. Or less masculine, for that matter.