Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How safe is egypt?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to go to Egypt late next month on a week long trip with my home church group to visit the holy land - historically significant biblical sites. But that whole area scares me. I've been to Dubai before and besides it being too f'n hot had no problems. But this type of stuff fascinates the crap out of me and I really want to go,

Anyone here familiar with the area? Am,I go die if go loll?

Billtx49

Reaction score
The odds of being involved in some sort of terrorist activity go up significantly in the Mideast area as a whole. It's a gamble I personally don't want to take. Think I read a news report in the last month that their tourism volume is way down, so I'm not alone there. Quite a few religious groups are currently taking advantage of the lowered rates over there because of it.
The majority make it through safely though.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine went and said it was an obnoxious cheesy tourist trap. You're not going to get murdered, but you will probably get harassed by aggressive vendors and wannabe-guides. If you like the ancient history aspect, you will probably still enjoy it. My friend who went is from a very rich family and travels everywhere. He's not a history buff.

Billtx49

Reaction score
The vendors are probably being more aggressive because of the lower volume. They may be your number one threat over there far as I know. They have to make a living also. Theft could be up also with less tourist money flowing in.
It's in their governments own interest to keep the tourist areas safe though.

Last edited:

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty safe... been around for 4000 years

B

BlueAlpha1

ISIS has a presence there and while it's not exactly Syria, terrorism is still too common for my liking. They are only 5 years removed from a violent revolution.

(Now, before the tinfoil hatters remind me that ISIS is "Made in the USA" or is a "Mossad front", it doesn't really matter where they get their money from when they're about to chop your head off)

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you believe the G you are currently unadvised to travel to Egypt

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/egypt-travel-warning.html

If you believe me I think Egypt is overrated. Not because of it's past, which is GOAT, but because of it's present which is dirty, pushy, cheesy, and commercialized (there's a Pizza Hut within pissing distance of the Great Pyramids). I've been there once and that was enough. Morocco, Israel, and Turkey are far better options in the area. Watch your ass though. ;)

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriends cousin, who is a man went there for vacation two weeks ago. The guy is Asian and didn't have any problems traveling alone. Was posting pictures on facebook and instagram. I think if you're going with a group you're fine. I travel alone to most countries and am usually fine as long as you're aware of the customs, polite, and do your best not to stand out. The last part is a bit hard for me since alot of places I go, i'm not the majority ethnic group but i've never really had an issue. Sometimes i have people stare or follow me out of curiosity (a bit annoying but whatever). I'm aware of how to handle myself in physical situations and know what shady is when I see it. Be street smart when traveling and stay away from gangs, alleys or unpopulated streets, etc.

If you're with the tourist group, stay with the group if your uncomfortable and listen to the guide. Some countries are dangerous if you try to venture out alone and you don't understand the local environment.

B

BlueAlpha1

I hear it's crowded as fvck and smells like camel sh*t everywhere. Why would you want to go to egypt and risk getting killed, egypt is the biggest hotbed of violent islamist terrorism in the middle east.

Here I will save you two weeks of your life and $5,000 of your money right here:

In fairness, that does look pretty fvcking sick, and to go inside there would be surreal. I'm a nerd for history though, but you're right. It's just not worth it right now - too hot, too unstable, too much preparation to do in terms of papers and vaccines, and I like to keep my head on my body.

Who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll live in a different world.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to go to Egypt late next month on a week long trip with my home church group to visit the holy land - historically significant biblical sites. But that whole area scares me. I've been to Dubai before and besides it being too f'n hot had no problems. But this type of stuff fascinates the crap out of me and I really want to go,
Are you seriously comparing Egypt to Dubai? That's like comparing Beverly Hills to Detroit (I'll let you figure out which one's which).