Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you increase perception?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a way to increase your perceptiveness? Like how fast you are able to pick up little things, etc.

Is there like any training exercises for these? I'm trying to get myself to be much more perceptive than I normally am.

violent

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think u need to explain the question a little better

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember that scene in 36th Chamber of Shaolin, where the monk in training has the two burning posts on the sides of his head and has to watch an object with his eyes and not his head otherwise he will get burned?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I mean is how you can increase the sharpness of your eyes. Like how quickly you can see something (e.g. if your boss tells you to find that screw he lost in the room, you can search with your eyes and quickly find it without any difficulty).

Like training to find a needle in a haystack.

xyxxy: Little uncertain what you mean. What did the monk do? And what was the object he had to watch?

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, I havent seen that kung fu movie for years, so I could be way off here. Basically in one of the chambers the monk has to improve his perception so that he can defend himself against attackers comming from nowhere.

So the master moves a tea kettle tied to a string on a pole (?) and forces the monk to watch it with his eyes and not move his head. If he moves his head he gets burned by two burning posts. Anyway your question just reminded me of that scene.

You could try those old games where you look at a busy image for 5 seconds then have to put it away and write down/draw everything you remember.

DJKondor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mansfield woodhouse, nottinghamshire, england
have you ever seen the bourne identity, where he can tell you all that stuff from just looking outside, they learn to do that kind of stuff in the military by doing what is said in the above post

another_nice_guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
martial arts.

I remember when I was really into training at the age of 18 no-one got a punch in. :up:

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way I've found is through exercise or training for a sport that requires correct movements quickly the martial arts, football, or weightlifting. Basically it comes down to first getting fundamentals downs and then your mind switching from concentrating on just movements to also picking up other information.

In football, it's learning how to run from a stance and how to block or tackle to seeing why this person is moving a certain way and how to counter it. For karate, you learn katas and after you get that down, it's almost like moving meditation because your body flows while your mind can be a million miles away. Even with running your body goes into autopilot while your mind is focused elsewhere.

If you want to increase your perception, I'd say just get into some type of fitness plan that requires explosive movements and then maybe spend a little time out your day noticing what is all around you. That way you're used to shifting your body on a moments notice and while you're in the zone, you can pick up on stuff that you've already noticed that can signal something.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reflex training ... Play reflex-based sports like squash/tennis, martial arts helps, and video games help to some extent.

I would say honestly I have a very high perception/awareness of everything around me, though I can't say whether it is natural or whether I developed it playing reflex-based sports.

Getting a good nights sleep also helps ;)

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pattern recognition and reflex training.

Pattern recognition, I have no f*cking clue. Some people can't pick out a needle out of a haystack because they can't see it even if its right in front of them.

But reflex training would help. Martial arts require you to make fast decisions. Pretty much any combat sport would do. Paintball, boxing, kickboxing... etc. Eventually, you build up that mental speed and accuracy.

Joshwatt310

Reaction score
I study a uniformed public services course and we do all sorts of military exercises and workouts and I have found my perception has increased significantly good
We do martial arts training which improves reflexes and decision making
Their is also a test which the British army use its called Kim's game or Kim's test under a blanket theor are 25 items you usually do it in teams so it improves team work aswell and basically you have one minute to scan through all the items and you can dicuss who has what whilst your looking and then you have a minute on tactics and after that you have to rember as many items as you can they sometimes have a bonus question which could be something like what is the artist of the cd or name of a dvd or something random related to an obmbkect their

Another test we do is an agility T test most clubs of sports use this one cause it says how long you can get from point a to be and switch quickly in the right direction this may increase perception as you need to know we're the cones are without seeing them for better quickness and results their are always sorts we do the fire service use on weekends their is a rope ladder on the floor and you gotta step with quick succession between each handle and back their are many you can do reflexes you could try throwing a bouncy ball or something off a wall and catch it i I usually aim for catching woth the opposite hand I threw it with and alternate them so you train them both at the same time

Increasing your perception can be very beneficial as you will get a hold of things easier and you will be more alert and aware and have a better view of the world it's like opening your eyes for the first time

Joshwatt310

Reaction score
Like one of the other comments said get a fitness plan based around it go to your local gym and ask them if they can hook you up with a development plan for speed , reflexes and such an such or perception if they ask to explain elaborate clearly what you specifically want to improve most gyes would be more than happy to help you out

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Video games