Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hot or not accurate for older guys?

lord_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
By older, I mean 33. I hope not, 'cos I finally put up a couple of pics that a couple girls liked, and the ratings... well... they are less than stellar--between 5 and 6 and dropping fast as more people vote.

Considering that your real number is actually 2 points lower than your "hot or not" rating, this isn't good (being a three would suck arse), but explains a lot of my struggles in this post-divorce dating world.

So, answer honestly whether "hot or not" is accurate. I can take it!

Thanks,

Mike

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you are only as hot or as old as the last girl you f***ed.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
want a better hot or not score?

just keep giving yourself a 10 and keep rating the others as 1's.

now , do you think the scores are right?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does HotOrNot ever actually help a person's self esteem?

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot or Not? Are you kidding me? Is it accurate? No. They add 2 points, so that should tell you something. Not everyone is photogenic, either. I take a horrible picture. I know that without question I'm a point and a half or so higher in person than in picture.

Some people vote 1's on everybody that's not the same race, or someone they know. There's a great deal of bias in that algorythym. Pay no mind to it. And remove your picture from it and go out in public and ask some girls to rate you.

Remember, it's about how you feel about who you are.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Pappy
Some people vote 1's on everybody that's not the same race, or someone they know. ...
Now that is just plain wrong. Are we that fvcked up? Stop the world, I wanna get off!

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I think hot or not is good for is if you want to do the online dating thing, like Match.com, is if you want to know if the photo you think is good will help or hurt your chances. I found out there is a lot of variation in different photos of the same person, so this is why it is good so you can put your best ones on Match or whatever and kow that they are the best instead of just making an educated guess.
And they do not automatically give everyone two extra points. Your rating is baed on a curve, and is a percentile ranking of you compared to everyone else. Part f the reason they do this is to actually quantify what a "1" or a "10" is, because otherwise one persons "3" is another persons "5", even if they each think the person they are rating is equally good looking, make sense?
It is not scientific, but still there are ways to get a more accurate rating. If a larger number of people rate you than one idiot giving you a one is goig to be much less significant, and you will get a more accurate overall score if 100 or 200 people rate you rather than 15 or 20. My .02

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Godd@mmit, I get sick of this $hit pretty quickly.

Never, ever, look at "hotornot" again. It doesn't matter.

If you are confident in yourself, know the basics of approaching women, and can carry on a reasonable conversation, you will succeed. Period.

Get your f*cking a$$ away from the computer, talk to a girl, and quit worrying about your "rating" so much. Geez.

"Frustrated" Gipper