Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hip replacement

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend has arthritis. He struggles to walk properly. He is thinking about getting a hip replacement, but is putting it off.
If I was in same position as him, I think I would be putting it off too. I don't like the idea of someone taking out my big bones.

He has been to hospital over the years & has been given strethces to do.
He leads a normal life, goes shopping & does housework etc. I can see he struggles sometimes. He does an hour walk three times a week. He also does little walks.

I'm wondering what can he do to get better. One might say, stop walking so much, but it depresses him sitting about which I can understand.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a woman who achieved full remission of her arthritis by following a strict vegan diet.
I'll mention that to him.

I watched an interesting film a while ago called "first do no harm" it was about a young child with epilepsy. Doctors were doing all sorts of painful tests on him, that didn't work.

In the end, what fixed him was not eating for a while. Someone had advised him to do that. He had not fits or seizures after that.

Funny how what we eat can effect the body & mind.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a woman who achieved full remission of her arthritis by following a strict vegan diet.
This, and do some yoga.

If that doesn’t fix it, it may be too far gone. That said, hip replacements aren’t really that big of a deal nowadays. A coworker just got one in January and he’s doing fine.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that he thinks a vegan diet will make much difference at all. He said he doesn't eat much meat anyway.

The way it's looking, he is gonna go in for the operation.

I will have another conversation with him about it, because I am worried about him.

It may be common to have a hip operation these days.To me it's a big deal having a big bone like your hip cut out your body...opening you up BIG like that. I haven't expressed that to him. Don't want to worry him.

With it being his problem and his body, he's likely to have a better understanding about what to do. I'm just trying to help him.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^this...Food can heal you. Junk food everyday, can't. Not enough nutrients.

A diet that is 'nutrient focused' can work wonders. Feels good too. And when you do occasionally eat junk, your body can take it.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Gout is a form of arthritis and by going vegan, it'll work.

For the other types of arthritis, it'll need more then just going vegan.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Joint replacements are non problematic now. If he has been professionally advised to get one done it’s all good. I think Jack Niclaus got one done years ago when the Drs. did not know what they do now…
As far as I know, joint disintegration cannot be reversed naturally long term.

Last edited: