Help - Approaching technique past 'hi'

Mystify

Reaction score
I'm new here, but have been reading dilligently over the last week or so, I decided to post and ask for a bit of advice.

Here is my main issue... Opening.

Closing, I'm fine. After I have time to fine tune a relationship I can close the deal, but I have a real problem with opening a conversation up.

I'm a very intelligent person, and confident in myself as well. I have no problems walking up to someone and saying "Hi" or "Hello". Where my problem starts is right then, right after I say "Hello" and she says "Hi" back.

I'm not sure where to go from there... Now I understand nightclubs are not the best spot to work, but I've started going out a lot recently and this is usually where I have the problem. I don't know how to seperate them in this noisy atmosphere and come talk to me.

Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. If I could get past the first 3-5 minutes with the women inside clubs, I would be golden.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the best openings that I like is :

You see the 'target', look for something unusual, or worth commenting on. Approach, 'Hi, I just wanted to say that those boots are just AWESOME! Where did you get them?' or something to that effect.

(Except do NOT comment on physical features, women get that ALL THE TIME)

Just, lighten up, theres no need to stress about initiating the conversation. I can open up EVERY person in a bar; bouncers, bikers, punks, hotties, UG's, waitresses, whatever...

You can't do that if you are stressing so much.

Mystify

Reaction score
Generally compliments should be avoided though right? It seems like a compliment just raises their confidence level which is a bad thing.. even if you are complimenting just a cool pair of boots....

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO, EXCESSIVE compliments should be avoided.

but, a compliment is great for breaking the ice.

Or you could try something RIGHT cheezy, like 'Hi, I want to say something, but I can't stop thinking about fat penguins...', 'Why?', 'Because that's one thing that can break the ice everytime.' (If you say that with a grin, to let her KNOW that YOU know that its the cheesiest line ever, you can usually get away with it)

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by So pimp its scary
NO, EXCESSIVE compliments should be avoided.

but, a compliment is great for breaking the ice.

Or you could try something RIGHT cheezy, like 'Hi, I want to say something, but I can't stop thinking about fat penguins...', 'Why?', 'Because that's one thing that can break the ice everytime.' (If you say that with a grin, to let her KNOW that YOU know that its the cheesiest line ever, you can usually get away with it)
hey... I really like women with class and style... I think we would understand well... But what is talking while such a great song is played???... comeon dancing. -- and take her into your paradies ~~~

wind20mph

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're doing great...

Can I add this one?

I'm sharing with you what works for me but it doesn't mean it works to anybody. But if it works for you, then cheers!

Ok here it is...

I always approach them like this: "Hi! you had a nice gown, where did you get it?" or anything that I have spotted that she is wearing. Then followed by "My sister likes (anycolor you don't have to lie) so I'll bought one for her." or if you do not have sister you can tell your cousin, any female relative. And just avoid dead air. Just make the conversation interesting.

With that I always got a good reply. And personally I can tell that money is a lousy way of keeping score if thats what you think.

Hope this helps you out.