Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Heating protein?

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering, is it ok to heat protein. I'm on Soy- protein at the mo, (cos I bought the wrong can:rolleyes: !) and I'll be on whey protein by the end of the week probs. Just wondering what happens if you put them in soup or hot chocolate? I've got conflicting info on it, the packet recomends putting it in soup, but aparently heating protein breaks it down past the amino-acid level. So whats the truth?:confused:

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't heat whey. it becomes worthless then.

soy, IMHO, is already worthless to men... so I don't think it really matters!

D

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, ok, cheers. I'll finish off this tup of soya, and buy some whey- right after I go for my manacure;) and I wont heat it- cheers guys

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard that whey breaks down when heated. I'm somewhat suspicious whether it breaks down at mild heat levels. In any case, you should be fine with soy. Soy is cooked all sorts of ways and is still a good source of protein.

Soy contains isoflavones (aka phytoestrogens) that display weak estrogen-like activity, but I wouldn't worry about it boosting your estrogen levels. Isoflavones also are powerful antioxidants, among having other health benefits.

Soy is not worthless to men. In fact, it's a complete protein (all EAAs present) and is used by billions of people (it's big in Asia). The isoflavones I mentioned above decrease the risk of prostate cancer. It's one of the better proteins. However, whey powder is the best protein supplement for athletes.

So, you don't need to stop using soy immediately for fear of growing a vagina, but I would switch to a CHEAP whey protein powder next time you buy supplements.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With protein you have to remember that even when you shake protein the amino profile/structure is changed. When ever protein is agitated so to speak. Now heating protein at VERY high temp can destroy it.

As far as Soy goes... SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE is NOT worthless. So many people get the wrong idea with soy. You have NOTHING to worry about with an Isolate. If people tell you its worthless, people haven't done their homework very well. I always use some soy in my shakes.

But hey, you learn. People will tell you there is such a thing as 99% WPI, and that's false too. Find me a 99% WPI and I will pay you 100 bucks. You wont find one, so don't bother. You'll see labels that claim it but its all bogus.