Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Happiness

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you are truly happy with your life? Take into consideration finances, assets, seeing the world, women, career, hobbies, retirement accounts, accomplishments, etc. Basically whatever is important to you.

I've kept my side of the street pretty clean over the years and exercised good discipline. I have always followed the advice of the older more experienced people and it has saved me from having to learn things the hard way. As a result, I don't have any baggage but an exwife and her and I respect each other.

I purchase whatever I want and do whatever I want, but always live within my means. I don't care what others think of me and don't live my life for others. Work doesn't stress me out. They don't pay me to think about it when I'm not there so I don't.

I feel living my life this way makes me content and I consider myself very fortunate. Life is really pretty easy.

SkrooU

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I be happy. Don't have everything I want, but my life could be much worse.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Great question...

So much running towards things and people, forever grasping......so much running away from things and people, forever in aversion......

In the moments where grasping and aversion ceases simultaneously the sky parts and the light of happiness can shine. Everything
in between is delusion, whether you're a King or a Pauper.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
me, truly. your explanation of why you are happy could be my explanation. it's great to be truly comfortable in your own skin, eh?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
me, truly. your explanation of why you are happy could be my explanation. it's great to be truly comfortable in your own skin, eh?
Same here. OP said it well. I'm going to go through his list, for my own enjoyment and to remind myself what I've got going on that's good.

Finances - Better than they've been since I was 18, lol. Debt has been reduced by 2/3, hope to be at zero in a year or two. Savings aren't great but working on that.

Assets - I have no real estate holdings. I do have my retirement account which has been doing gangbusters. I've saved more money than I ever thought I could.

Seeing the world - I've been to 21 countries. When I was age 23, I'd been to 2 - Canada and Mexico. Been all over the U.S.

Women - I've been with a great number and they've mostly been good experiences. Enjoyed some different ethnicities. Current gf is 17 years younger.

Career - I'm lucky because I have a job I really like. I don't "love" it, but it's pretty great. My salary is fine, but I get a LOT of vacation and personal time. I can afford my rent and the few things I require.

Hobbies - finally found one I love and stuck with.

Retirement accounts - see "assets"

Accomplishments - I won't go into detail but I've achieved a number of my dreams.

One more - health: I've been losing weight slowly since September.

Side note. I've got to give a lot of credit to this site for my growth. I found this place when I was 23 and looking for answers. I didn't get them all at once of course - experience is the best teacher. But man - Sosuave has made a huge difference in my life.

EDIT - initially I didn't answer the question. Am I happy? Yes I am. I have my down days like anyone, but when I take stock, I'm enjoying the ride.

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with the pursuit of happiness is it tends to also be a flight from suffering.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm happy. I'm if anything fighting complacency a bit because I'm pretty content.

I have a list of goals & things I'm working toward & dreams & creative endeavors I intend to pursue...but this afternoon I got to watch a baseball game & then got to make a pie with my younger daughter. Then we had a pile of people over for pizza & movie night. Made popcorn & the whole 9 yards.

Not bad for a Thursday.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happiness comes and goes for me.

I'm happy to not be living in the former shadow of the marriage I was in. I lived in a hollow state of depression for years while faking happiness to the world for years.

I've discovered more about myself in the last year and half single than when I was with the ex for nearly a decade. I picked up a ton of new hobbies which puts me around diverse social spheres I wouldn't have imagined joining before. I challenged myself and stretched myself thin to the point of breaking many times. The breaking and molding character was all for the growth my life desperately needed to jumpstart a dead soul.

I also credit this forum for helping me "unplug" and digest red pill logic. I've bugged a few DJs and many quandaries and that has helped me to practice the art of detachment more.

Transitioning a career in my mid-30s is difficult while working and going to school full time. I have the end goal in mind. I hope that goal grants me more financial freedom, security, and a balanced lifestyle.

My frame and self-esteem needs work. I'm trying to lead more in dating and in social groups.

I'm not plate spinning. I have zero plates and probably will stay that way until my life becomes more stable. Interest level is so fickle and I don't have a plate stack to leverage at the poker table with a plate's infinite options. Tbh, I'm happy I'm not stressing over plate(s) interest level. ;) I'll be happier when I can kick co-dependency attachment tendencies to the curb.

Accomplishing goals and milestones through true grit is helping me rebuild my self-esteem. A few months ago I was depressed. I looked in the mirror and didn't like my boney face. I lost twenty pounds after an accident at the start of the year. Since then, I've gained fifteen pounds back and want to continue training to bulk another 15-25 pounds to get to 160~170 range.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty consistently happy, my life is pretty simple. There are things I could be doing better. But overall when I think about where I'm at, and compare it to where I could be, I have to think that I've been blessed and fortunate. There are so many cool things going on, so many cool things to do and see, so much potential, how could you not be happy? Life is a gift, and if you take the time to appreciate it and be grateful for it, that alone should result in happiness.

I have a friend who is bipolar, he is very negative and depressed most of the time. It's hard to see, but some people just can't help but be unhappy.

Oops, almost forgot :) :

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm unhappy but I'll get over it. Since January life has sucked for me. Working all the time, no real positive things happening but I have to be thankful I'm financially secure, have a roof over my head, and I'm healthy. Looking forward to going overseas next month to clear my head.

I made a list of goals for the summer and hope to accomplish them. I'm at my best when I'm going to the gym every day.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As Zekko said, life is a gift. I truly believe that. Every day is a gift and you should make the most of it.

I'll turn 60 this year and honestly, it gotten better every year.

I'm looking forward to many things (travel, writing, reading, spending time with my kids...).

I have so much to be thankful for.

-Augustus-

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Rhyme Re-Written

That equilibrium of happiness
Exists when the water of our passion
Neither to disturbing elements lists,
Nor follows the fickle flow of fashion.
Nor does it stall at the rock of reason,
But rather floats freely as down a stream,