Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hair loss treatments

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After years and years of a thick head of hair I think the enemy has finally arrived (Male Pattern Baldness).

I am now 46 and I have noticed my hairline receding and my thickness on the top of my head has lessened.

I bought Nioxin 2 shampoo which contains Minoxidil. I have not seen any results yet, but it can take 2 to 4 months.

I personally think all these lotions, pills, etc are all rubbish and the only cure is a hair transplant.

I won't shave my head because I won't look good bald (ears that stick out and a larger size nose)

Thoughts?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minoxidil has the potential to have sexual side effects.

You could look into PRP injections or get a full transplant. If the balding is minimal, you'll usually be treated with some combination of pills, laser caps, shampoos, or PRP injections.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts?
Minoxidil and Finasteride have a long track record of working, you just want to only do topical administration.

Finasteride works by blocking androgen receptor sites. If you go oral route, it will block those sites everywhere and you'll likely start feeling low T. If you do topical route, it only blocks those specific sites (scalp).

I'm not sure the method of action for Minoxidil, but if it's similar to Finasteride, I still would only go topical route.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch minoxidil with anyone's scalp. Sh!t can have permanent side effects even after you stop using it that are pretty bad. And for what? Some hair?

Fvck no. Shave your head and embrace it

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch minoxidil with anyone's scalp. Sh!t can have permanent side effects even after you stop using it that are pretty bad. And for what? Some hair?

Fvck no. Shave your head and embrace it
Never

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are like 5 or 6 different things you can do. Educate yourself, there is a lot of high quality information on the subject. I have great hair genes and I still know a lot about the topic in spite of that.

I'll link you to the 3 best sources of information that I know of. I haven't watched Huberman's video but it's probably worth a watch. Btw, if you don't want to use minixidil, there are other 4 methods that I know of which are discussed in videos I linked. These are: micro-needling, dutasteride, Ketoconazole shampoo, and reducing stress and facial tension.

Shave your head and embrace it
Bro I am a bit sick of this mentality. That's the same kind of logic people use when they say the best way to prevent pregnancy is to not have sex. On some level I can respect this though, owning up to it and rocking the bald head is definitely better than clinging on, but it's also very reductionistic to just give up and assume it won't work or is too risky or complicated or whatever. Why not at least try? There are less risky methods than minixidil and RCs. Hell, if all else fails, i'd even consider transplants if it happened to me. It's almost a requirement to have a full head of hair if you wanna keep fvcking women who are 20 or under. And really, lets stop pretending it doesn't matter. Obviously any bald man would prefer to have a full head of hair if he could.

Last edited: