Glucosamine/Chondroitin for heel tendonitis??

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, my healing in my heel has stagnated, despite the icepacks and Ibuprofen, and I think it is tendonitis that is the problem... would Glucosamine/Chondroitin, etc. help with that? And how well? It's pretty expensive...

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Glucosamine is primarily used for athritis, not tendonitis. I haven't heard of any studies showing that it would do so. It works best in conjunction with Chrondronitin and an anti-inflamatory medicatiion prescribed by a doctor. My dad just got diagnosed with rhumatoid arthritis and i'm gonna get him on this herbal combo soon. And it isn't that expensive either... around $50 a month for the good stuff. And that's plenty cheap if it will help my overall well-being and happiness.

runna4

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi, I had tendonitis from too much hard running, on my right achilles. Are you a heavy heel-striker? if your injury is even running related, you probably need shoes with more heel padding/cushion, or just new shoes. Also if you're a heel striker, try to adjust your foot strike a little so its more of a midfoot, or flat heel strike, it takes a lot of pressure off...

Other than that, I didn't run for 3 straight days, just rode the bike, and my achilles healed. Good luck

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had it for a few months. I got new soft-healed shoes for work, added gel heel-cups to them, and haven't run or squatted for about a month.

StuartScott x 2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
read about ART (active release therapy)

If the tendonitis is too bad, you may need surgery, which is what I had on my knee, and it's completely healed, except for the mild case of bursitis I have now which is going away.