Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls taking a day to respond to a text

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I don't come on here as much as I used to, so I have a bunch of questions built up that I want to ask for the board's opinion on. Here is my next one (I'll try to only do one every couple of days. haha):

There was a girl I cold approached once. She would take two to three hours to respond to my texts. I went cold after a few days and didn't talk to her for a week, and then called her out of the blue and she agreed to go out. We went out and I made out with her. Then when I texted her a couple of days later she took a day to respond to my text. Then the next one she took a day and responded at 2 am. Then the third one she took almost two days to respond, but she responded...at 1 am. I eventually stopped talking to her.

The same thing happened with my friend recently. A girl was taking a day to respond.

Here's the thing, if a girl doesn't want to respond to you then she simply won't respond. Or, she'll just send you a text like, "lol" or "haha" to show you that she's not really interested in continuing the conversation. But if a girl is taking a DAY or TWO DAYS to respond then I think she is still thinking about you; she just planned out how long she would take to respond. I felt like the girl went into ultra-game mode/super hard to get mode by keeping me waiting for that long. (And by the way I WAS on the edge of my seat the whole time. Not gonna lie). And also note, when the girl in my case responded the messages were a few sentences long, not a quick reply.

So what's your guys' opinions on this? Would a girl seriously even bother replying to a guy that she legitimately forgot to text two days later? Were these girls playing hard to get or were they not interested? Discuss.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares how long it takes her to respond? If she responds it's a good thing. Maybe she's up late and you should reply at 1AM. Find out when her zone is.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't stroke up your own ego playa. She responded because she was bored or wanted some attention. But if you were playing these texting games before then you wouldn't have even got the first date with her.

I suggest to you that you just start calling this broad until she learns how to text properly (probably after you break her back). I don't like playing games with girls. I don't really like texting girls either. After one of my old groupies (chick with a model body I used to nail) showed me how all these simps text her, I was straight from texting girls I haven't banged yet unless they text me first. (These dudes [;ike 3] text this girl non stop and she never even responded; made me glad to be a mack in training).

By avoiding these games your showing her your a man that has business to take care and that your not into all these texting games. If you see me texting a girl then you already know I done thrashed her already or I'm just replying to a text she sent.

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
I only replied a few times, taking a day to respond myself. After the third time I just gave up and never talked to her again. So she is out of the picture. I'm just using her as an example.

Not looking for advice on how to text, I'm just wondering what you guys think about this. I agree with bigneil, but I'd love to hear more opinions.

theMac

Reaction score
The purpose of txting is logistical; you're txting her to set up a date. Or a 'date'. Heh. Only use txting to see when she's free and to set something up. You're not going to win a chick over txt, but you sure can screw yourself up.

It's like chatting up a chick who isn't going home with you after you got her number; you're only going to hurt yourself.

Barring extreme examples (I had one chick flake on me because she -no joke- got swine flu and another when her dad went into emergency surgery. Stuff happens), flake rates are based on how well you gamed her in person. If she's flaking, your Game wasn't tight enough, and there's little you can do over phone/txt.

That's a long-winded way of saying that before you Next her, cut right to the chase and see if she's down to hang. That's when you'll know where things stand.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. Often times, I find that once I begin taking a while to respond (such as taking a few hours since my work is very busy) they will do the same.

Great mindset behind this thread. Often times, a lot of posters are quick to jump the gun on nexting a chick saying things like "her IL is low".. That's just an excuse for not staying persistent for what you want. It's like saying "Oh well I got a D on the first exam in class, so I might as well drop the class" rather than saying "I'll make sure I get A's for now on so that my Average can be the highest possible".

Then a lot of guys will go to defend the "Low Interest" idea by saying "Bro, I'm not playing by her fvckin rules **** that".. Well first of all, you are.. just by even considering her rules are at play. And by her rules, you're opting out, cause according to "her rules" she's not interested in you. Not vice versa.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she has a couple orbiters she uses to entertain herself when shes bored or drunk texting. Maybe she has a dude she saves the texts for so she can be replying to guys when he's ignoring her. A little spiteful thing a woman would do there. Go cold on her again, ask her out and hit it, or at least give it a good try and never call her again.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SHE TAKES A DAY TO RESPOND!!?? That fucking bitch!! How dare she!??

clicky ;)

You know how this wouldn't matter? Click below.

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alex DeLarge said:
I agree. Often times, I find that once I begin taking a while to respond (such as taking a few hours since my work is very busy) they will do the same.

Great mindset behind this thread. Often times, a lot of posters are quick to jump the gun on nexting a chick saying things like "her IL is low".. That's just an excuse for not staying persistent for what you want. It's like saying "Oh well I got a D on the first exam in class, so I might as well drop the class" rather than saying "I'll make sure I get A's for now on so that my Average can be the highest possible".

Then a lot of guys will go to defend the "Low Interest" idea by saying "Bro, I'm not playing by her fvckin rules **** that".. Well first of all, you are.. just by even considering her rules are at play. And by her rules, you're opting out, cause according to "her rules" she's not interested in you. Not vice versa.
Very well said. I think a lot of the guys on here that tell you to drop a girl if she takes too long to text were probably beat down by women earlier in their life, and now they have too much to prove with them. "She took five hours to respond? I'll show her how alpha I am by never talking to her again!"

Guys have to understand that every woman is different. They are similar, but different. When I first texted this girl she took THREE hours to respond. She took a long time to respond every time I texted her. But guess what? I went out with her two weeks later and made out twice. I didn't get sex but so what? The point is that if I "nexted" her I wouldn't have even got the make out.

SgtSplacker said:
Sounds to me like she has a couple orbiters she uses to entertain herself when shes bored or drunk texting. Maybe she has a dude she saves the texts for so she can be replying to guys when he's ignoring her.
Yeah, I thought about how she could have just responded to me when she was bored. Definitely a possibility. And yeah, very good chance she had whiteknight orbiters, but I wasn't one of them.

PS: Regarding some of the posts above...it's funny how many assumptions guys on this site make. First of all, I already said this girl is DONE. I don't even talk to her anymore, I just used the situation with her as an example so I could present my question. Second, I do spin plates. I do cold approach and I get numbers all the time. For an example of my social circle game: I'm currently in college and I just hung out with two of the girls in my English class in the past week. Both of them don't know I'm hanging out with the other one as well :D Also, pulled a girl from Spanish class and got her to grab lunch with me a few weeks ago. Turned out she's dating a professional motocross racer.

Last edited:

Young Stallion

Don Juan
Reaction score
OC Speedball said:
Okay, I don't come on here as much as I used to, so I have a bunch of questions built up that I want to ask for the board's opinion on. Here is my next one (I'll try to only do one every couple of days. haha):

There was a girl I cold approached once. She would take two to three hours to respond to my texts. I went cold after a few days and didn't talk to her for a week, and then called her out of the blue and she agreed to go out. We went out and I made out with her. Then when I texted her a couple of days later she took a day to respond to my text. Then the next one she took a day and responded at 2 am. Then the third one she took almost two days to respond, but she responded...at 1 am. I eventually stopped talking to her.

The same thing happened with my friend recently. A girl was taking a day to respond.

Here's the thing, if a girl doesn't want to respond to you then she simply won't respond. Or, she'll just send you a text like, "lol" or "haha" to show you that she's not really interested in continuing the conversation. But if a girl is taking a DAY or TWO DAYS to respond then I think she is still thinking about you; she just planned out how long she would take to respond. I felt like the girl went into ultra-game mode/super hard to get mode by keeping me waiting for that long. (And by the way I WAS on the edge of my seat the whole time. Not gonna lie). And also note, when the girl in my case responded the messages were a few sentences long, not a quick reply.

So what's your guys' opinions on this? Would a girl seriously even bother replying to a guy that she legitimately forgot to text two days later? Were these girls playing hard to get or were they not interested? Discuss.
You sound like a girl here.

The guy who is good with girls does not give a **** how long or if ever a girl texts them back.

No she is not attracted to you because you are thinking about it.

Young Stallion

Don Juan
Reaction score
OC Speedball said:
Says the insecure guy who asked people to rate his looks... :rolleyes:
Yes exactly and this is one of the reasons that I know. Unattractive guys tend to think about stuff like this alot more because there ability to spin plates is limited so they place alot more attention on one girl.

I to have sat there wondering about stuff like this and I have asked out many many girls.

A guy who girls are naturally attracted to do not have the problem that you are having right now or the problems that I have.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Oh my goodness. This sh*t again? :mad:

Ok, use texting to set up a date. Don't be cupcaking with girls you haven't got yet. It's just like the phone. You ain't gonna win over phone or text. That kills the mystery. And your princess will be, unsurprisingly, in another castle. :(

Don't delude yourself into thinking this girl likes you because she's taking too long to respond or playing hard to get. Seriously, stop it. It's not doing any good that is for you. :nono:

Remember that if a girl is interested in you, she'll find a way to get with you. ;)

You need to initiate. Make a move. That way, you'll know where you are. Otherwise, it's the treadmill effect. You'll be running, but getting nowhere. That, along with spinning more plates, is the best thing that is for you. That's my ruling. :)

Case closed.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:

Ok, use texting to set up a date. Don't be cupcaking with girls you haven't got yet. It's just like the phone. You ain't gonna win over phone or text. That kills the mystery. And your princess will be, unsurprisingly, in another castle. :(

Don't delude yourself into thinking this girl likes you because she's taking too long to respond or playing hard to get. Seriously, stop it. It's not doing any good that is for you. :nono:

Remember that if a girl is interested in you, she'll find a way to get with you. ;)

You need to initiate. Make a move. That way, you'll know where you are. Otherwise, it's the treadmill effect. You'll be running, but getting nowhere. That, along with spinning more plates, is the best thing that is for you. That's my ruling. :)

Case closed.
No cupcaking. I tell all my girls I'm diabetic :yes:

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:

Ok, use texting to set up a date. Don't be cupcaking with girls you haven't got yet.
You didn't read my post(s). I got the girl.

Young Stallion said:
Yes exactly and this is one of the reasons that I know. Unattractive guys tend to think about stuff like this alot more because there ability to spin plates is limited so they place alot more attention on one girl.

A guy who girls are naturally attracted to do not have the problem that you are having right now or the problems that I have.
You make assumptions. I am a good looking guy...which is how I got this 8's number in a minute and then called her out of the blue two weeks later and she met up with me one on one. (By the way, that whole "strike while the iron is still hot" is BS. If you made a good impression on the girl she will remember you).

I don't have the problem that you do. I have no problem getting the girls to meet up with me...My problem is that girls' attraction tends to die out after the date (probably due to my lack of a job).

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate all your responses! Even though I am a little frustrated people aren't taking the time to read my whole post ;)