Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls giving out phone numbers...

TheFriend

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any way to tell, that if you have to ask for a girl's phone number, and she gives it to you, that she actually wants you to use it. Getting a girl's number is the easy part...I never know if they want me to call though, sometimes I end up not calling, sometimes I end up calling once and hoping they will call me back. Then i will just end it there because i feel like they never called me back so they are not interested.

What's the opinions on this?

maknmovs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would try to call twice....shyte happens and maybe there's a reason why u arent getting a call back, but twice and no response....screw them...straight on to the next............

------------------
Life is lost in dreaming, and dreaming is lost in becoming (Motto on the Hard Rock Cafe in Cancun, Mexico)

Ive failed over, and over, and over again in my life, and that is why i succeed..-Michael Jordan

"Success requires no explanations; Failure permits no alibis"

Square playaz get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade

Nine Breaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on man, use your brain on this one! Why the hell would she give you her number if she didn't want you to call her? Look, if she didn't want you to call, she either wouldn't give the number or would give you some fake digits. If it's her real number then I think it's safe to say she wanted you to call her.

A few quick tips
1/ Don't ring too many times, that makes you look desperate.
2/ If you get a machine, don't leave a message, just hang up. You'll find it's much easier to get her to go on a date if you're talking to her live, and she's not listening to some weak message she can easily forget.
3/ Keep it brief and to the point. No 3 hour talks about where SHE wants to go etc.. YOU DECIDE DETAILS
4/ Be confident about yourself!!!

Hope That Helps.

------------------
The Human Body Is A Fragile Thing, But The Human Soul Can NEVER Be Truly Broken.

AlfredB18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nine Breaker:
Come on man, use your brain on this one! Why the hell would she give you her number if she didn't want you to call her? Look, if she didn't want you to call, she either wouldn't give the number or would give you some fake digits. If it's her real number then I think it's safe to say she wanted you to call her.
A buch of great tips, but remember we are dealing with women here!

I can tell you for sure that you will get a woman who will be too petty/childish to say "no" and dumb enough to give you her real number anyway...

If she is that stupid, take your two calls to find out and move on if that's the case....

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

bravo ninebreaker great thinking
i wouldnt give my phone number out if i didnt want ya to call.
and i would return the call from the caller id if i missed it.
however my friend she gives out a fake number with a smile just to get free drinks.
best thing to do .. get number and then go get her another drink and before you return stop by the pay phone or use a cell and try to use it hahah leave a fake name if you gotta . lol
A few quick tips
1/ Don't ring too many times, that makes you look desperate.
2/ If you get a machine, don't leave a message, just hang up. You'll find it's much easier to get her to go on a date if you're talking to her live, and she's not listening to some weak message she can easily forget.
3/ Keep it brief and to the point. No 3 hour talks about where SHE wants to go etc.. YOU DECIDE DETAILS
4/ Be confident about yourself!!!

Hope That Helps.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell would she give you her number if she didn't want you to call her? Look, if she didn't want you to call, she either wouldn't give the number or would give you some fake digits. If it's her real number then I think it's safe to say she wanted you to call her.
If only it was as simple as that! Its safe to say that YOU should think its ok to call her if she gives you her number (what have you got to lose), but I've seen a few girls give out their real number to guys and not really want him to call. They just dont want to create a scene, so they do give out their real number because they dont want to say no.

------------------
Nice guys wait, GOOD guys date!

[This message has been edited by Monkey (edited 11-23-2001).]

TheFriend

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree...I think girls give their number out quite often to guys that they dont even want to call them. I hang out with alot of girls and most of them will do this. I dont know why they do this.

I have such a tough time getting girls to call me back too...there was this one girl that i met at a college i visited, and she gave me her number and AIM SN without me even asking for it. I called a few times and she invited me to her dorm room.......i KNOW this girl liked me....(and that takes alot)....she never once called me back.....

Girls are nuts....ill never get em...

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From experience, I can definitely say that a girl giving out her phone number does NOT necessarily mean she wants you to call her. At the most, it just means she thinks you're a nice guy and doesn't want to let you down by saying no. And everyone here knows what women do to nice guys. I say you should never assume a girl likes you until you actually get a date with her and she doesn't back out.

Heart Of Stone

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think girls give their number out quite often to guys that they dont even want to call them. I hang out with alot of girls and most of them will do this. I dont know why they do this.
Two reasons for this:

#1 - It's an ego booster for them to hear their phone ring. It shows their friends how many guys are chasing after them.

#2 - Because they can't say no to your face.

PHONE NUMBERS ARE A WASTE OF YOUR TIME!!

maknmovs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
heart, if phone numbers are a waste of time, how should we keep in touch with women in order to go out with them..just curious......?

------------------
Life is lost in dreaming, and dreaming is lost in becoming (Motto on the Hard Rock Cafe in Cancun, Mexico)

Ive failed over, and over, and over again in my life, and that is why i succeed..-Michael Jordan

"Success requires no explanations; Failure permits no alibis"

Square playaz get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have such a tough time getting girls to call me back too...

We keep seeing this same complaint coming up. Perhaps it's worth a post by itself.

I can say I've met more women than I can count who did not return calls and would not initiate calls, either. Every effort I made to get them to return a call got nowhere (no exceptions!) Low interest? Oh yeah. And if it started with high interest it soon became low because my trying to get them to call was WEAK, showed insecurity or desperation and turned them off. It sends a message that you're a boy, and you're either scary or pathetic and--as summed up in their mind--beneath their level (read: loser!)

I've had high-interest girls call me though, and the trouble comes from them wanting a long, 2-hour, in-depth conversation. I used to hang on and talk, now I know better.

Check this out--the ones to call me like that all had high interest levels, but when I think back on it, they were the ones I later found were either young (immature) insecure or somewhat desperate--never one of the quality chicks.

I don't even bother leaving a message now, even if a roommate asks (they have caller ID, they know who called.) At most I'll say casually "tell her TR called, I'll try to catch up with her later.." or some other blow-off line.

Use NineBreaker's guide

So if she doesn't call you, it could be for low interest level, or not high enough for whatever reason (shyness, nervousness, 2nd thoughts, BF in picture, your request to call back is WEAK and now she sees you differently...)

It's possible her not calling means you've stepped up to a higher caliber girl and you're being tested--she's going to play her role and expects you to play yours (a DJ). She possibly has high interest.

Just ASSUME they won't call because it's NOT their role. Now, if you're not getting calls later in the dating cycle, that's another issue.

Some posters whine about how unfair it is (I'm not saying you were T-F.) If you resent it, remember that it's YOUR job, not hers. She did her part making herself available to be asked out and giving her digits when you asked, now it's back to you. I'd say if you're whining about the "unfairness" of how they don't call, don't bother pursuing anyone until you get over being a hurt little boy, accept it and start performing.

Heart Of Stone

Don Juan
Reaction score
if phone numbers are a waste of time, how should we keep in touch with women in order to go out with them..just curious......?
I'm talking about getting a first date. Ask a girl out in person. Then watch how she responds to your invitation. An interested woman will leave no doubt in your mind that she wants to go out with you. If she accepts your invitation, then you can get her phone number for future dates.

BigBill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah heart

the reason we usually go for a number instead of an outright date is sort of a nonverbal communication thing.

it puts you in the position of authority 'you give number, I call when or if I feel like it' and also it masks your true level of interest. so it makes her wonder a little. 'Will he call me after all?' you know **** like that. If you flat ask her out that might work too but its sort of like laying all your cards on the table before you even place a bet.

sounds like pretentious overly complicated bull****, I know. But damn if that crap doesn't work with women who are pretentious and overly complicated by nature!

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK Guys, I had a week's vacation last week, the Thursday before vacation I got a girl's number (cell phone). She knew I had vacation, should I call now that I have gotten back or should I adjust the wait time a bit to account for the fact that I was out of town.

Heart Of Stone

Don Juan
Reaction score
it puts you in the position of authority 'you give number, I call when or if I feel like it'
Do you really believe that? Let me give you an example of who really has the power. I'm sure you guys can relate to this.

Here's the response of a "LOW INTEREST" woman.

Me: Let's get together Wednesday.

Her: Um...OK, but call me Tuesday to confirm.

Tuesday comes and you try to call her. No answer/or her friend answers and tells you that she's not there/ or you get the answering machine.

Who's in control now? The phone number is a woman's excuse for getting out of a date.

When you ask her out in person, you'd be able to watch her actions. You can watch her try to squirm out of a date if she wasn't interested. You can sense whether or not she really wants to go out with you.

Now let's take a look at a "HIGH INTEREST" woman's response.

Me: Let's get together Wednesday.

Her: Um...OK!! What time?

Me: I'll pick you up at 7:00.

Her: OK!! Here's my address.

Now tell me which response do you think is more interested in you.

it masks your true level of interest.
Asking for a phone number reveals that you're interested in her. Women aren't that stupid. They know when a guy's interested in her.

My whole point is to just be a man and ask the woman out. Find out at the moment if the woman is interested in you. Don't worry about how long should I wait to call her. You can always use your DJ tactics on down the line. Right now you just want to see if the woman is interested in you or not.

Remember this: Very few woman will turn you down to your face. However, they will let the phone do the dirty work for them.

[This message has been edited by Heart Of Stone (edited 11-25-2001).]