girlfriend's email

stewie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at my girlfriend’s house the other day. While she was cooking dinner for me I decided to check my email on her computer. When I turned the monitor on I realized that she had forgotten to sign out of her email account. I decided to take this opportunity to see what kind of emails she had been getting. There were a bunch of harmless ones but there was also one from a guy that she went out with a couple of years ago. After they broke up, she didn’t see anybody for a little over a year until we started dating.

This guy lives out of state now but occasionally comes home to visit his family and friends. The email said, “I was going through some of my old pictures the other day for a scrapbook that I’m making, and I came across this picture of you and me. It brought back some great memories and made me smile. I hope you have a great semester at school.”

Should I be worried about this? And if I bring it up, how do I do so without it sounding like I’m spying on her?

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Erm, dude dont worry about it since she's with you now!

Really you shouldnt be spying on your girl since that will just create a very bad image and aura around your a$$... u'll just end up being jealous and possibly incline into desperation about finding out if she's seeing this guy or whatnot... then the trust issue fades, before you now it you have no more respect and it's all gone sideways...

just leave it be dude and forget you saw anything!

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stewie,

You are a dirt bag for reading her emails.

Thats an invasion of privacy and you have no right to it.

spying and being jealous are the signs of a piece of crap.

So what if she keeps in touch with her ex. You dont own her.

http://www.sosuave.com/articles/jealous.htm

You need to read this article.

MrHarris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well first of all you did spy into her private things. How would you like it if she did the same thing to you. Starting your relationship with a lack of trust will destroy it before too long.

Now that you've looked your going to wonder until that issue is solved. The best thing to of done was not to of looked in the first place. Especially if your a person such as yourself who cannot handle what they find.

As for the email, I saw nothing big about it. The old guy found a photo of them and was thinking about their good days together. He only wished her a good year, not asked her out.

I saw nothing threatening to your overblown fear of betrayal in the email. Of course your going to find a way to bring it up to her by asking if she has had any contact with the ex to test her to see if she will lie to you. Infact I will bet that you've already thought about or have done that by now.

My advice to you is to let it go.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah, there's nothing wrong with the email being read, stop being all about 'rights'. guys.

She left her email account open, she won't find out any email was read - it's no harm, no foul.

I mean, look at it this way: if you're the coach of a football team, and 5 hours before gametime you find a copy of the opposing team's playbook by the field - OF COURSE you're going to pick it up and absorb that knowledge to give yourself better chances.

Since he read that mail, he's now going to be able to spot if anything is going on with his girlfriend and her ex. It's not jealousy, it's doing your damn homework.

As for confronting her, that's suicide. You've got no basis to prove anything on her part. Just keep that email in the back of your mind, so if her behaviour gets inconsistent, you might be able to spot if stuff is going down.

Also, her ex-boyfriend sounds pretty chumpy to me. I'm sorry, but if I wanted my ex-girlfriend back I wouldn't say I came across pictures while making a scrapbook.

I've never known of a guy making a scrapbook....females, yes, guys, never. Sounds like an AFC to me.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you kinda opened up a pandora's box on your own. Up to that point, you've trusted her (I'm sure?) - and now your mind is just swimming in thoughts. A lot of people keep in contact with ex's or whatnots. Me? I cut off contact with most of them to save my own sanity - but for others they can somewhat handle it.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worrying about a stupid little e-mail like that is your first step to becoming a total AFC with this girl.

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow... so she's had an ex, and had good times and memories with him.... s.hit i've been there and know that' even if it's illogical, you still feel jealousy (i keyed up her ex's car, and she wasn't even talking to him)

all i can say is f.uck it.... you're the man, you got her, of course she has a past, so do you (or will) and that's life... doesn't mean you're less of a person or less of a man

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Reaction score
there was only once when i read a girl's email. pretty much she used my laptop to read them and then left the window open and took off!

Curiosity just took over, and i had to look, damn, i feel bad!

It was funny, because there were like a million emails from her ex-BF that just said "i love you" in them, and some of them were sappy poems, and she'd already broken up with him and taken up with me, lol. I really felt bad about seeing those