Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl asks you if she can borrow some money... what do you do?

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
Say you're on a field trip or something, and there's an attractive girl you know but at the same time not really (kind of like an acquaintance you've never really spoken to but are familiar with thanks to some common friends or something) who approaches you and asks if she can borrow money because she's lost her wallet or something

What would you do? IMO it sounds kind of weird because you don't know if she's telling the truth or not

But if she's attractive and you're interested in her, and if you refuse to lend her money you may come across like a jackass or something. On the other hand though, if you actually do lend her money it kinda may look like you'd be ready to do anything for her to get her attention which is a big turn off too.

Any idea?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How often do you end up in situations like this?

NickBe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would give her the money but not look like I am doing it to impress her. Give it to her then turn around and talk to somebody else.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Pedantical said:
an acquaintance you've never really spoken to but are familiar with
The question is: if you never really spoken to her, why is she so comfortable going up to you and ask you to borrow money??? two things already pop up:

1) Why doesn't she ask to borrow money from someone she knows better?

2) Who does she think she is to have the audacity to ask to borrow money from an acquaitance she barley knows?? the proper way is for you TO OFFER MONEY IF YOU WISH to help her problem AND not for her to ask for it (fyi... hot chicks are used for chumps paying their way, I doubt she forgot her wallet but rather left it at home on purpose).

If you do decide to give her money I can almost be sure of two things as well:

1) You will never see your money again.
2) This will not increase her interest levels in you.

In conclusion: Don't be a sucka

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her "Of course you can borrow (whatever $) -- from someone else."

But seriously, if it is an obvious real emergency, perhaps; but short of that, nada.

OrdinaryMadness

Don Juan
Reaction score
As my D.A.R.E. officer used to tell me in junior high: "You just say NO!" :down:

I don't care what her situation is.

You never buy a girl drinks.

You never pay for anything on a date.

You never lend her money (esp. if you're not even fvcking her).

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Pedantical said:
Say you're on a field trip or something, and there's an attractive girl you know but at the same time not really (kind of like an acquaintance you've never really spoken to but are familiar with thanks to some common friends or something) who approaches you and asks if she can borrow money because she's lost her wallet or something

What would you do? IMO it sounds kind of weird because you don't know if she's telling the truth or not

But if she's attractive and you're interested in her, and if you refuse to lend her money you may come across like a jackass or something. On the other hand though, if you actually do lend her money it kinda may look like you'd be ready to do anything for her to get her attention which is a big turn off too.

Any idea?
Hmmm. If it's silly (give me five bucks for the crane animal machine!), then no. And if I were you, if it was a lot of money and I barely knew her, then I wouldn't. But if the woman needs emergency items (tampons and stuff) then tht changes a few things. You don't do it to supplicate, but because you're in a position to help her out, and it's the right thing to do.

Now, if she has 25 bucks available, then she can pay for her own emergency stuff. I think that if you're smart, you can probably sense when you're being taken advantage of.

I think another small issue would be: Is she willing to help when you need something as well? Does she pay you back, or help out after a rough day, etc? If he answer is no, then I'd be careful about the kind of money being spent.

EDIT: I bought a girl some "chick stuff" because she didn't have enough... AND I knew her for five months before I did it. AND she paid me back several times over.

But for a chick you don't know thaat well... unless it's fifty cents, or some charity, then don't do it.

Last edited:

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh...when I was in high-school and away at camp, some chick asked me for a buck or something and being the colossal AFC that I was I gave it to her and she said "Oh, you're such a nice man."

Bleah bleah bleah bleah bleah!!!!!!!

Don't do it. Evar. Even with a friend.
Unless you've known the girl for a while and know for a fact that she's got a sense of personal responsibility (yes they do exist but are a bit like those Tasmanian Tigers). Then again, if she's got personal responsibility, she'd be quite able to manage her finances.