Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting fit in the country?

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live about 40 minutes from the nearest town and dont have weights or any good place to run. Im trying to ditch the gut but its not going well for me as I really cant think of anything effective that doesnt involve weights or distance running.

Do you guys have any tips or ideas for how to ditch the gut on the Ranch?

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You live in the country but there's no good place to run? :confused: They do have ROADS in the country don't they?

Some other exercises you can do on a farm:

Stretching
Pushups, inclined pushups
Crunches, reverse crunches, leg raises
Pull ups, Reverse grip pull ups
Jumping Jacks
Calf raises
Squat thrusts
(begin standing with feet at shoulder width, bend down using mostly your legs, place your hands on the ground in front of you and kick you legs out behind you so that you are in a push-up position - legs and back straight using your arms to hold up your body - do 1 pushup almost touching your chest to the ground, bring your legs back in and stand up, do a jumping jack. That's ONE squat-thrust. Try doing 20 or 30 in a row at a fast pace, it'll kill ya)
Run in place bringing the knees up to waist level, keeping the pace fast.

You want a routine? Here's something we used to do in martial arts for a warmup:

run in place, 30 seconds
do 60 jumping jacks
run in place, 30 seconds
drop to situp position, do 25 situps
stand back up and run in place for another 30 seconds
drop to pushup position, do 25 pushups
stand back up, run in place, 30 seconds
20 squat thrusts
run in place for another 30 seconds

There should be NO time in between each exercise, go right from one to the other. Follow up with several sets of pull ups, more push-ups, more crunches, whatever you want to work. Do this routine twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.

Intensity is what you should strive for, when you run in place for example you can wuss out and do a half-assed "jog" in place or you can really dig in and push yourself to actually "run" in place. If you do this routine at full intensity then I guarantee that you will be sweaty and ready to drop. If this isn't enough then try increasing the number of repetitions for each exercise.

If you have a punching bag available then just turn on some heavy metal (or any music that gets your blood going) and just hit that bag as hard as you can for 15 minutes. Great cardio workout.

Also, if there are any good places to hike then you might try that. Running up the side of a mountain will kill ya.

Remember, half of cutting is in the diet.

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, thats good stuff. The roads out here are death traps, I've rolled my ankle twice jogging them.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm, too bad. The only drawback to this sort of routine is that (at least for me) it can get boring quick. But it does burn the calories and if you can just be disciplined you can get pretty ripped from these basic exercises. If I can't run or bike my preference for calorie burning is martial arts, but I'm sure you wont find a kung fu master in the farmyard :)

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would be into that one personally, cept Im still trying to figure out how to get past the second ****ing date. Twice in a row I've gotten shot down after date 2 :mad:

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, nothing you can have. So keep your velcro gloves away.