Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fountain of Youth

Macking101

Don Juan
Reaction score
fvckin awesome Pook!!
I always understand your posts man! your the man bro!

remedy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats great stuff. By the time you've finished philosophising about life, you will find that its passed you by.

Be a child and LIVE, is that not why we're here?

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Great post Pook. This blows Kill that Desperation out of the water. Keep them coming.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW! I AM LITERALLY BLOWN AWAY!
I could not help but crack a HUGE smile while reading your posts. :D . Philosophies, education, analyzing...WHO CARES? Just have a blast with life, man!

That's such an AWESOME idea, and it's been hitting me in the face for YEARS, I can't believe I never saw it. WOW!
Once you adopt this philosophy, you won't care what people think about you. You'll just breed fun and the word "confidence" won't even be in your vocabulary anymore because you won't need to even think about it.

Man oh man, Pook... I truly believe that being a child 24/7 is the KEY to happiness.
Of course, you can be be responsible kid :). I say this to resolve the question as to how one could infuse the father outlook and the child outlook

Well, I'm gonna go print this thing out and put it by my bedside.

Then I'm gonna find a pic of me when I was 4 years old :).
Night everyone
Here's to the greatest post ever :)

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't wait to start pooping my pants again*, oh yeah.

good post , though

*again meaning since last July

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bust.it
A refreshing perspective on life.

I miss those carefree days as a child... where did they go?

<drinks> Ah, once again, they are at my fingertips.
hahaahaha, your a funny cu*nt. Hey and isnt your age pie? hahaahahaahahaha, nice one!!

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of the best posts I've ever seen anywhere. I did some of the craziest stuff as a kid - shutting off the lights in a McDonalds and stuff like that. In middle school I lost all of my boyhood sense of being crazy and having fun, but in high school I have gotten much of it back, and in college I am getting even more of it back.

This is why I look at the kids of some cool guys I know - my uncle Deek who is always wisecracking and goofing around like a kid, a cop from church who is funny and loves to talk about stuff he's into - and these kids define what Pook is talking about, and I can tell these kids are going to be fun as well as being strong, masculine leader type figures when they grow up, just like their dads.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well! Good stuff; explains to me why I get the most women when I act immature and do nothing but joke around! I never really figured that one out.

People always think that I should get no girls because I am so immature, but whenever I try to act mature around girls, I get ignored and passed up. Whenever I do what I want to entertain myself, I usually end up with a hottie.

I always thought it was something else, and I wasn't being 'smart' enough while trying to act mature, but I think your post is right.

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink to the girls that rejected you viciously. Drink to the ‘macho’ guys that beat you up in school. Drink to the chains of routines, errands, and appointments. Drink to your ambition, drink to your melancholy, drink to your loneliness. Drink to your heart’s content and pass the cup around. Your mind has now absorbed the blessed waters of the Fountain of Youth. You are now the light of the world! Your life is now young, fruitful, fun, easy, simple, and your body will reflect it as well.
Wow, I am stunned. I've had a vague understanding of the link between childhood and happiness/enlightenment but I have never seen it put so well. I was listening to "Tripping Billies" as I read this post, and as I read the above quote I realized that I was hearing the phrase "eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die" over and over. Eerily appropriate...

I love this post, but am troubled by your anti-intellectualism.

I have always been "intellectual," analytical and interested in theories and philosophy and such. I don't know if I can change that, and I don't really think I want to. However, I also understand that life is about more than just ideas and philosophy; it's something that must be experienced and embraced. One could say that ignorance is bliss and be somewhat correct, but I don't want to settle for ignorance.

I think I can be an intellectual person while at the same time having a real appreciation for and love of the experience of just living life. A child (usually) has a carefree love of life but lacks the ability to think intellectually and understand his world. An intellectual can think deeply about the nature of life but has usually forgotten how to enjoy it. I think the ideal state would be to have both aspects; joy and love of life, while at the same time understanding of it. To me, this sounds like wisdom/enlightenment.

I agree that the buildup of ideas and philosophies and teachings leads to the loss of childhood freedom as the child grows, but I think this is because they are being taught the wrong things, not that all philosophies are "bad." A child's natural tendencies to be carefree and do what feels right to them are supressed as they are taught to how to be "mature." They are NOT taught how to be happy. They are NOT taught to be social. They are NOT taught sexuality. They are NOT taught to be carefree. They are NOT taught to marvel at the wonder and beauty of their world. They shouldn't need to be, because this is their natural state. The problem is, they ARE taught to be afraid. They ARE taught to not talk to strangers. They ARE taught that boys and girls are equal, and their sexuality is suppressed. They ARE taught to worry about petty material things. They ARE discouraged from having fun ("horseplay") because it's "immature." They ARE exposed constantly to negativity, anger, and cynicism from bitter adults, and the world gradually becomes less and less wondrous and beautiful. They ARE taught to be followers, to do what they're told rather than making their own choices, to worry about what others think rather than being who they want to be. Respect for others is often so overemphasized that self respect is overrun and you're left with the "nice guy." I think these are the reasons why sexuality is lost, not because the child becomes intellectual. It's true that the intellectual are often antisocial and vice-versa, but just because they are related doesn't mean they are interdependent.

In the High School forum, there is a lot of talk about a "revolution," a sort of rebirth of the Renaissance Man. These men led amazing lives, and intellectuality didn't hold them back. They were geniuses, artists, they had passion, embraced life, and were certainly not ruined by philosophy. I think the wonder of life we have as a child is realized through our search for understanding; and finding understanding of the how and why of things doesn't necessarily remove the wonder of them, and can in fact enhance it.

brewbaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
pook. great topic.

you are a superb writer and I had to join just to comment on this one ;)

your post reminded me of the Zen concept of 'beginners mind'. the idea that we were most pure when we were first born and the preconceptions we now have only serve to confuse us. while such an idea may stray from mainstream convention perhaps the opposite sex can pick up on it afterall. a thought that gives me some much needed hope in humanity.

thanks again :)

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zoso, I can relate to what you're saying. I myself am considered to be pretty philosophical, yet I have my youthful side as well.

I think what Pook implies that there is a good number of men who allow philosophy to DICTATE their whole outlook and thus, struggle miserably with women. Basically, they are PLAGUED by philosophy.

It's in the same way with anything really, where too much of it or the misuse of it disrupts us from using it for the good.

Take Pook for an example. It's very obvious he's very philosophical, but not in the traditional sense. What he asserts is that so many men out there try to define love and how to woo women by flawed theories, etc. I think think this is what he means.

You, Zoso, are lucky. You don't screw your life up by mishandling philosophy.

Meanwhile, others are more reckless and less fortunate.

DJ Wez

Don Juan
Reaction score
btw zoso i didn't read every single word in your entry so i might've said somethings and it might not even be relevant lol

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I'd like to hear Pook's response, but I think you may have it right. After rereading the original post(s) and my response, I kind of got a sense that Pook and I might be thinking of different kinds of philosophy/intellectualism and just conflicting because of semantics.

I think what Pook implies that there is a good number of men who allow philosophy to DICTATE their whole outlook and thus, struggle miserably with women. Basically, they are PLAGUED by philosophy.
Sort of like the concept of beliefs vs. ideas in Dogma... Ideas can change, beliefs imprison us in tunnel vision.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I like it... ALOT. :D

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Hmm...I definitely like the theme of this post.

Thing is, I honestly can't remember a time when I was like that in my youth. I was shy and unsure of myself from the very beginning of my association with other kids.

I had my moments, but for the most part, I've been AFC all my life. :(

Now I know that's not necessarily the point of the post, and I can see the attitude that Pook is talking about, but I don't recall ever having experienced it.

I've been a scared little boy forever. This whole "dominant male mentality" is something that's new to me, and even though it feels natural and right, at the same time it feels completely foreign and somewhat unsettling. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time internalizing it.

FoxHound20

Don Juan
Reaction score
While reading this beautiful piece of work and studying a picture of myself at age 6, I suddenly became aware of a tear slowly cascading down my face. This hit the spot. This makes my night, perhaps week.

Thanks Pook.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A bump for this beautiful masterpiece.