Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Following Sessions’ Threat, NYC No Longer a Sanctuary City

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Government wins again!

logicallefty

Reaction score
With sanctuary cities need to come sanctuary homes. You want refugees in town? Great, then put your money where your mouth is and let a refugee family stay in your home, eat your food, shack up next to your children, use your electricity and other resources.. Oh.. Yeah.. Also, if said refugee(s) get convicted of a crime in the USA, you have to serve the same jail sentence they do. So if they murder someone and get sentenced to life, its life for you too... Sill want a sanctuary city? Uh huh... I didn't think so!!

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With sanctuary cities need to come sanctuary homes. You want refugees in town? Great, then put your money where your mouth is and let a refugee family stay in your home, eat your food, shack up next to your children, use your electricity and other resources.. Oh.. Yeah.. Also, if said refugee(s) get convicted of a crime in the USA, you have to serve the same jail sentence they do. So if they murder someone and get sentenced to life, its life for you too... Sill want a sanctuary city? Uh huh... I didn't think so!!
Kinda remind me western europe, those who want to welcome those illegals called now called refugees as tought in 1984, are the same ones who live in wealthy neighborhoods while usually illegals are shipped to the countryside or poor areas and virtually be free to roam as much as they want.

If someone wants to welcome them its fine to me, they show to be good christians and altruistic people just take them in your place and feed them with your own money and once they have a boner give them your wife so they wont bother others.

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Big Government wins again!
I feel ambivalent about this. On one hand, I am inclined to agree with you that this is overreach, on the other, I find it displeasing that states and cities simply decide to oppose enforcement of immigration laws.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be a sanctuary city then expect to forego federal funding. What's so hard about that?

Similar thing was going on in the 1980s. The federal government wanted states to raise the legal drinking age to 21, citing public safety concerns.

Two of the longest hold out states were LA and TX. So the Feds moved to withdraw federal highway funding. Both states reconsidered and raised the drinking age (and retained federal monies).

The article misses an important point. Federal funds have federal strings attached. So cities can thumb their nose at the law and try and hide behind case law. And they can do it without the benefit of federal funding.

Maybe these sanctuary cities ought to become so solvent and profitable that they can shoulder the extra expense that illegal aliens place on the local taxpayers.

Oh. What? It doesn't work like that? You mean the local taxpayers are going to vote you out of office if you raise local taxes to bridge the gap removing federal funding would create? We'd all be voted out and have to find "real" jobs?

Well crap. Then I guess we are going to comply with ICE after all and not be a sanctuary city after all. Now that it might adversely affect our voters and our tax base and our livelihoods.

Ok. Got it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The entire program, beginning with President Trump’s executive order stating that funds should be cut off to so-called sanctuary cities – if it is interpreted as many suggest, and if a court is ever able to rule on the issue – may be an unconstitutional violation of both states’ rights and Congress’ rights.

Sure, let's throw the Constitution out the window because hate feels so much better! What could possibly go wrong? We need to burn that silly old piece of parchment and make Trump emperor.

And my point has not sunk in yet, wtf do you think is going to happen when President Oprah gets elected? She's going to cut funding to every city and state who does not enforce her orders to ban guns, confederate flags, and cousin-fvcking. Trump voters are going to be p!ssed, then, because having an emperor is a stupid fvcking idea, even when you like the person. That's how this country has made it so long.

Oh, and about the official orders to cops to try to make them do ICE's dirty work for them, it's just empty words. Many police chiefs of large cities have spoken out about that policy destroying their relations with the community and making everyone less safe from crime. These orders will be largely ignored in practice.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The entire program, beginning with President Trump’s executive order stating that funds should be cut off to so-called sanctuary cities – if it is interpreted as many suggest, and if a court is ever able to rule on the issue – may be an unconstitutional violation of both states’ rights and Congress’ rights.

Sure, let's throw the Constitution out the window because hate feels so much better! What could possibly go wrong? We need to burn that silly old piece of parchment and make Trump emperor.

And my point has not sunk in yet, wtf do you think is going to happen when President Oprah gets elected? She's going to cut funding to every city and state who does not enforce her orders to ban guns, confederate flags, and cousin-fvcking. Trump voters are going to be p!ssed, then, because having an emperor is a stupid fvcking idea, even when you like the person. That's how this country has made it so long.

Oh, and about the official orders to cops to try to make them do ICE's dirty work for them, it's just empty words. Many police chiefs of large cities have spoken out about that policy destroying their relations with the community and making everyone less safe from crime. These orders will be largely ignored in practice.
I find it interesting that it's always assumed that 1) democracies are better than monarchies and 2) a democracy can't exist without a Constitution.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note the date on my post above. President Oprah was my own idea. I didn't read it somewhere else and repeat it here. I beat the media to that story by at least six months. So if she is the harbinger of the apocalypse, that would make me a prophet.

The Ellen-Snoop ticket would still get my vote in the primary. Ellen v Oprah would resemble Bernie v Hillary, I think. The latter wins by being the choice of the establishment. It is pretty cool though that a candidate who is a self-made billionaire might be elected president. It would certainly be a first.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
? Were we reading the same article? The article was about "sanctuary cities" obstructing immigration enforcement against illegal-aliens. It had nothing to do with refuge from war.

As far as punishing a household for the crime of an individual, I don't know what culture you come from but America ain't it.

logicallefty

Reaction score
?

As far as punishing a household for the crime of an individual, I don't know what culture you come from but America ain't it.
What is your address, Sir? I will send the next illegal I come across to your house instead of calling ICE (I'm a cop).

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
Chronocidal said:
? Were we reading the same article? The article was about "sanctuary cities" obstructing immigration enforcement against illegal-aliens. It had nothing to do with refuge from war.

What is your address, Sir? I will send the next illegal I come across to your house instead of calling ICE (I'm a cop).
If you're truly saying that you are in fact a law enforcement officer, and that not only do you intend to deprive innocents of their rights under color of law via force of law enforcement (i.e., in punishing a household for the crimes of an individual absent specific evidence of co-conspiratorial action for said crime from said household members), but also that you intend to abandon your duty to enforce law upon known violators and instead piddle around sending said violators to people who have nothing to do with them, then it's definitely time for you to turn in your badge and find another line of work in a country you belong in. You are not suited to American citizenship nor to enforcement of law.

Last edited:

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Illegal immigrants aren't innocent
No, they aren't, and that's why harboring an illegal is a crime.

However, what he stated was that the law allegedly should punish members of a household hosting a lawfully-present person (in his example, a refugee presumably under Geneva Conventions fleeing some sort of war) for a crime perpetrated by said person. (I'm still not sure where he came up with the matter of refugees, as the article cited no such thing.)

Collective punishment and absence of evidentiary standards regarding allegations of conspiracy might fly in other countries. It has no place in America.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
If you're truly saying that you are in fact a law enforcement officer, and that not only do you intend to deprive innocents of their rights under color of law via force of law enforcement (i.e., in punishing a household for the crimes of an individual absent specific evidence of co-conspiratorial action for said crime from said household members), but also that you intend to abandon your duty to enforce law upon known violators and instead piddle around sending said violators to people who have nothing to do with them, then it's definitely time for you to turn in your badge and find another line of work in a country you belong in. You are not suited to American citizenship nor to enforcement of law.
Sorry you feel that way. We will have to agree to disagree.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Just to be clear, if you are harboring someone illegally such as an illegal immigrant, and they commit a crime, then I agree with Lefty. I believe he used "refugee" as a description since that seems to be the new bull$hit buzzword these invaders hide behind.
Yes Sir, exactly right.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with my small town is that we keep letting in people from sh!thole cities like st louis and chicago. A travel ban and a wall would fix that problem, but the damn liberals won't let it happen.