Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Even Worth it to Release new EDM?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just don’t think it’s really worth it anymore lol. At least not for posting on social media. I got into producing cause I really wanted to make dance music, it’s one of my favorite types of music. But a pattern I’ve noticed is that the beats that get the most reaction out of people are the rap ones. Which isn’t surprising really cause all people listen to is rap music, at least all the people I know.

So I think what I’m gonna do is when I post beats for the people I know to see, I’m only gonna post rap related stuff. Like remixes and original rap beats. Cause when you see people making music, these are the dudes who have the most Sauce. I’m still gonna make EDM though for sure, just keep it to myself, very close friends, and post it on SoundCloud. But just posting the rap stuff to hammer in my new image on social media. I’m trying to create a brand new Nick, a brand new image, someone who has all the Sauce. And I think a producer fits well into this, as long as my music is dope and I’m making the “right music.” And the rap beats that I do make are gonna be really synth heavy, EDM inspired, and still have my own personal touch on them.

Honest thoughts on this? Try not to give me anything super rote, like “don’t change for the world” cause we’re all trying to change to be Don Juans lol. Let’s just have some interesting, logical viewpoints.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i get what youre saying.

theres a few rap songs that used existing edm beats already. but you want to make original stuff?

is this what youre talking about? or did you mean more like the festival type edm like deadmau5 and skirllex type stuff?

i agree about the rap thing. there was a little burst of soundcloud rappers here recently. some of my younger friends know a kid whos currently blowing up. but hes hardcore rap. hes got a big following in europe already and starting to hit hard here in NYC. kid was dirt poor and probably making millions already. hes def got the "sauce"

I produce more of the festival type EDM. Actually deadmau5 was one of the first EDM acts that I had heard! Don’t get me wrong, I like rap too, I just don’t like making the same kind of music over and over, I like to change it up. Which is why I was thinking of this plan.

And I’ve heard of 6ix9ine, you have friends who knew him? That’s awesome

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea hes from bushwick. used to be one of the worst neighborhoods in brooklyn. now its all hip and gentrified

damn, im not too big on the festival type EDM. cant help you there. im a much bigger fan of the earlier electronic stuff and the remixes.

ive been really feelin retro wave since drive came out as well. took me right back to the miami vice days

Ay those are some pretty dope tracks tho!

You know, now that I think about it I guess the question just comes back to identity. After sleeping on it I’m kinda just thinking I’m gonna make whatever the heck I feel like, cause I’m gonna get really bored making the same rap beat over and over. I’m just gonna have to have like a Calvin Harris or Diplo type swag or something lol

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea hes from bushwick. used to be one of the worst neighborhoods in brooklyn. now its all hip and gentrified

damn, im not too big on the festival type EDM. cant help you there. im a much bigger fan of the earlier electronic stuff and the remixes.

ive been really feelin retro wave since drive came out as well. took me right back to the miami vice days

Holy chit, that nightcall track was my chit. Good soundtrack overall.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After sleeping on it I’m kinda just thinking I’m gonna make whatever the heck I feel like, cause I’m gonna get really bored making the same rap beat over and over.
This! Man, in all honesty, the odds of making a living in the industry are very slim, so you might as well make what you enjoy. Not saying it's impossible, but I always made better music, when I wasn't trying to conform to some idea of what I thought I should sound like and had way more fun doing it. I always said I was done, when it stopped being fun and I honestly wished I hadn't. I started out making beats on a Boss Dr. 202 I boosted as a teen from a music shop, then got the 303 sampler and started recording tracks on a 4 track recorder. Moved on to FL studio and producing and recording everything digital. I would find some vocalists an start recording and bouncing ideas if you haven't already. Allot of fvcking fun hosting sessions and inviting a few chics. Throw a little weed and alcohol in the mix and it's a potent scenario to get laid. You have any links to any of your tracks? You can Google a few of mine on YouTube, reverb nation and soundclick. Foul Mouth South

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This! Man, in all honesty, the odds of making a living in the industry are very slim, so you might as well make what you enjoy. Not saying it's impossible, but I always made better music, when I wasn't trying to conform to some idea of what I thought I should sound like and had way more fun doing it. I always said I was done, when it stopped being fun and I honestly wished I hadn't. I started out making beats on a Boss Dr. 202 I boosted as a teen from a music shop, then got the 303 sampler and started recording tracks on a 4 track recorder. Moved on to FL studio and producing and recording everything digital. I would find some vocalists an start recording and bouncing ideas if you haven't already. Allot of fvcking fun hosting sessions and inviting a few chics. Throw a little weed and alcohol in the mix and it's a potent scenario to get laid. You have any links to any of your tracks? You can Google a few of mine on YouTube, reverb nation and soundclick. Foul Mouth South
Ay that’s awesome I use FL Studio too. Im not really tryna make a living in the industry cause I wanna be an engineer, but I picked up making beats a couple years back and I love it. So I’m just tryna become a really good producer. And I totally agree with using your music to get laid, 2 of my past lays have been from “hey come over and hear this new track I made.” I deleted a lot of my old tracks cause I didn’t like how they turned out, but I’m mixing a new deep house track at the moment and I’ll let you know when it’s done! I’ll check out your stuff too

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ay that’s awesome I use FL Studio too. Im not really tryna make a living in the industry cause I wanna be an engineer, but I picked up making beats a couple years back and I love it. So I’m just tryna become a really good producer. And I totally agree with using your music to get laid, 2 of my past lays have been from “hey come over and hear this new track I made.” I deleted a lot of my old tracks cause I didn’t like how they turned out, but I’m mixing a new deep house track at the moment and I’ll let you know when it’s done! I’ll check out your stuff too
Yea, my heart was in programming the beats and sampling. Layering synths and experimenting with new sounds and putting it all together to make tracks. Started writing hooks and verses, because there wasn't many ppl around that could put more than a few bars together much less record. I kind of lost interest in mixing it all down past the instrumentals and trying to mix in down into one coherent track. Good luck though bro! There's definitely a future in engineering, especially if you're versed in other aspects of the process.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do y’all find these tracks? Might have to add some of these to my playlist I like the sound

U

user43770

@MidnightCity I love Drive, especially the soundtrack. It led me to a bunch of good music on youtube.

His character is also a good example of game early on in the movie when he first meets her.