Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Enough is enough...

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest day Sunday:

Dumbbell bench press:

35kg x 5, 6, 5

Decline bench press (bar to top of abs.)

50kg x 12,12,10

Seated machine shoulder press:

25kg each side x 10
20kg each side x 10, 10

Supersetted with:

7.5kg x8,8,8

Skullcrushers:
15kg x 15,15,13

1.5 mile run @ 1% incline: 11:35.

My shoulders need a lot of work. I neglected them when I was younger and I'm paying the price now. BJJ tonight & legs tomorrow, chest again Thursday & parkrun Saturday. Gonna try and get in another BJJ session as well. Aiming to get under 25 mins at parkrun.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Parkrun today: 24:20

Happy with this.
Squats tomorrow and BJJ Monday, work is kicking me in the ass at the moment, but I know as long as I make it to the gym a couple of times a week and run, I will improve.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today:

Squats: 80kg x 5, 90kg x 5, 90kg x 4.

CG Pullups: 10,8,8.

I did the lower back workout that @marmel75 recommended, and I have noticed an instant difference. My back is sore, but I am standing a lot straighter.

Curls: 30kg x 11, 8, 8.

Relatively happy with this, I know I need to up the intensity however this will come with strengthening my lower back.

Being on the road a lot has played havoc with my diet, I have had a LOT of junk food in the past week, which needs to be cut down on.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest today:

Started with a 1.5 mile run today. Did it in 11.04 on 1% incline and I wasn't to gassed.

DB chest press: 35kg x4,6 40kg x 1

Smith machine static holds: 100kg 4 times for around 5 seconds.

Military press: 40kg x 6,4,4

Skull crushers: 20kg x 15,14,14

I've never felt anything like the static holds. They were intense. All in all I'm relatively happy with that considering how little I've worked out lately.

Diet is improving also which is good! Work is getting better so I will have more time to come to the gym!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
REVIEW:

I started this log back in June, it's always handy to review where your at.

Squats have improved from 70kg x 5 to 90kg x 5.

Bench press started at 70kg x 5 and is now roughly 80kg x 5.

Military press was around 40kg x 5 and remains roughly the same. This needs to improve.

Pull-ups: were around 20 all out and are around the same.

Parkrun: PB cut from 26:00 to 24:20.

My legs are beginning to look bulkier, I need to work on my shoulders a lot more as well as my lower back, deadlifts have been non existent. I want triple digits to fall on squats by christmas as well as 90kg bench press.

Diet wise I am finally cutting back fizzy energy drinks. I also need to cut back the junk food slightly.

I need to be more consistent in getting to the gym. I can realistically make it to the gym 3 times a week consistently.

I am relatively happy with my progress overall, I want to speed up the progress on the run up to Christmas and keep it going through the new year.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Parkrun this morning: 23:50.... BOOM, the PB's keep on coming.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned static holds. Gonna check them out.
Static holds rock...I attribute much of my strength gains long term to them.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saturday evening:

Military pullups:

CG Pullups:

DB Shoulder shrugs:

25Kgs x 15
30kg x 8 x 8.

EZ bar curls:

10kg each side: 15,12,7.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest yesterday:

DB Bench press:

35kg x 6
40kg x 3, x 1

The static holds seemed to make a difference, even after doing them only once.

Military press:

40kg x 7, x 5, x 5.

Smith machine Close grip bench press:

50kg x 8, x 8, x 8.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Static holds are great @marmel75 @mrgoodstuff. Ive never felt pressure like it on my chest and the same weights certainly felt easier next time round. I'm going to add them in to most chest workouts.

I'm learning to listen to my body and identify the weakest parts to improve my overall lifts.

Would you recommend static holds for a variety of muscle groups @marmel75 or is it an exclusive thing to bench press?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Static holds are great @marmel75 @mrgoodstuff. Ive never felt pressure like it on my chest and the same weights certainly felt easier next time round. I'm going to add them in to most chest workouts.

I'm learning to listen to my body and identify the weakest parts to improve my overall lifts.

Would you recommend static holds for a variety of muscle groups @marmel75 or is it an exclusive thing to bench press?
I've done them for bench, military press(make sure you have the smith machine guards set!!) and leg presses(I got up to 44 plates---literally had them stacked on top of the leg press---my legs felt like jello for a week---no lie---think they only had another 4 or 5 plates that I wasn't using, lmao...)

I also like doing pushups where you go to the bottom of the pushup and hold there for as long as you can a few inches from the ground, and pullups/chinups where you hold for as long as you can at the top of the movement...can add in weights via a weighted belt or DB's between the legs

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuesday legs:
Squats: 90kg 3x5
Military grip pull-ups: 14,11,8
Calf raises 17.5kg x15,15,15
Shoulder shrugs: 25kg x 12,12,12 ( I think, memory is a bit fuzzy.)
Curls: ez bar 10kg each side: 15,10,10.

Happy with the squats!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest today:

Bench press: 70kg x7, 75kg x 6, 80kg x 3, 82.5kg x 2, 75kg x 5.

Static holds: 105kg x 3 attempts.

Military press: 40kg x 7,6,5

Ez Skull-crushers: 7.5kg each side x 8,8,8

Shoulder raises: 7.5kg x 10,10,8

I am going to approach my training differently. I am going to go balls to the wall 2-4 times a week, trying to set PB's and improve. I am going to incorporate static holds into my workouts also, props to @marmel75 for recommending them!

I am going to get into jiu jitsu and keep up my running.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, it's been a quick minute since I last posted on here!

I've decided to follow my passions, and do what I enjoy. I enjoy the gym & watching American football. I haven't played before so I'm learning the ropes by playing flag!

Im starting to go to the gym 3 x a week at 6am with the aim of increasing speed & power. I want to be a wide receiver. I'm 5'10 & 165 ish currently, roughly 15-17% body fat. I want to be around 180-185 at 10-12%.

The main area where I can improve is leg strength. My deadlift is appalling.

I am thinking of structured my week as follows, any input would be massively appreciated:

Monday am:
Chest/shoulders/tris.

Flat BB Bench press: 3x5
Decline bench press (bar to abs): 3x8
Seated shoulder press: 3x5
Skullcrushers: 3x8
HIIT: 7 minutes

Wednesday am:
Deadlifts/squats (alternate weeks): 3x5
Leg press: 3x10
Calf raises: 3x20
Lat pull downs: 3x5
Bent over row: 3x10
Preacher curl: 3x10

Friday am:
Body weight training:
Push-ups: 3 sets to failure
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure
Dips: 3 sets to failure
Burpees: 3 sets to failure
Sit-ups: 3 sets to failure
Plank: 3 sets to failure
HIIT: 7 minutes

I'm going to start eating properly. I haemorrhage money on takeaways etc. I'm thinking of eating like this:

Breakfast: 4 weetabix with banana & protein shake.

Lunch: Soup & a sandwich

Tea: Meat in homemade sauce + veggies and carbs as well as another protein shake.

Supplements: omega 3, collagen.

I have always struggled with diet. I need to find something that works & stick to it!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First week back in the gym has been good! I did 2 workouts. My stress levels are down considerably compared to last summer, so I feel a lot better!

I used the deadlift technique in this video:

I did 200lbs for one rep, the weight went up pretty easily.

Bench press was sh1tty, I only managed 70kg, but it will get there. I have drastically decreased my sugar intake & increased my protein intake to roughly 1g per lb of bodyweight.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel much better in myself. I am still 160 ish but I'm now around 15% bf. I haven't been lifting a lot of weights for the past week or two, but have been consistent with football and running, so my fitness is improving considerably.

I am quitting the gym I'm at currently as it sucks logistically & is $100 a month!

My diet has been good & I feel much better for cutting out sugar for the most part again.

I will be training with a bodybuilder friend at a local gym 3 x a week, looking forward to seeing the results!