Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Enough is enough...

EugeneLee

Reaction score
It means a lot. Man-flu. It's here also. I'm with you after some time.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the gym yesterday after a weekend break at a wedding. Drank a lot of beer and ate sh!t but my weight is down to 170lbs. The machine in the gym says my bf is 17% but I can notice my abs starting to reappear as well as definition in my arms, so I don't believe it's accurate.

Flat DB bench press:

30kg x 8
37.5kg x 3 x 4 x 2

Military press:

50kg x 3
45kg x 5 x 5

Dips: 6,10,6

I know I will gain back the strength I lost due to the cold and break within a week or so.

Leg day today, should be good fun!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kettle bell curls r fine. I wouldn't go near carry-overs. Ballistic movements putting stress on lumbar discs your Chiro will love you

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leg day:

Squats:
70kg x 8
80kg x 5 x 5 x 5

Pullups:

Barbell rows:
30kg x18, 18, 16

Preacher curl:
25kg x 10, 8, 8

I completed this workout a lot quicker than previous workouts. I feel good being back in the gym.

I am going to start phase 2 which is adding in some HIIT to my workouts. I need to eat more, I believe this is affecting my bodies growth.

you don't think your improving until you look back at what you used to do. Having 2 weeks off wasn't productive but it couldn't be helped!

I believe I'm ready to step up the intensity, which should see larger results.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am improving my diet. I am not making what I eat a science, I am beginning to live by some basic principles:

• Fizzy drinks are a treat once every so often, not every day.
  • Make sure I have variety in my diet.
  • Having a lot of protein is critical. I need to have at least 50g with each meal as well as protein shakes.
  • If I am hungry, I will eat.
  • Avoid canned sauces, it only takes a bit of effort to make a sauce yourself.
  • Avoid fast food.
  • Make sure I treat myself when I want to.
  • If I do drink, make it a diet mixer with a spirit. I ain't ruining a weeks work in one night.
I want to eventually get down to 10%. Bf. i won't do this having cans of Pepsi every day and 2 pizzas a week.

I have learnt how to cook properly in the past 6 months, which is invaluable!

Everything in moderation.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another bench day:

Incline barbell bench press:

60 kg x 6, x 8
62.5kg x 4.
50kg x 10

Single arm landmine press:

25kg x 10
30k x 8 (both arms.), x 8 (right arm.) x 6 (left arm.)

Dips:

9, 11, 7.

I am lifting less, but I have upped the inensity. I am having relatively minimal rest between sets. This workout took 25 minutes, where it used to take around 45 minutes. I feel tonnes better for cutting out refined sugar only 4 days in!

I then did 5 minutes HIIT on the Watt Bike, 40 second sprints, 20 seconds rest.

I have decided to scrap my marathon goal, I would rather do a 10k next year. The volume of training required for a marathon would prevent me from either gaining muscle mass or having the energy to take up a sport. I could run 10k now, albeit not clocking a good time. I would love to get around the 40 minute mark!

I am going to do 5k Parkruns bi-weekly if not weekly until Christmas, ideally getting my time down to around the 20 minute mark. I am not going to do any other road running to enable my knees to gradually strengthen.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday's workout:

Leg press: 130kg x 10, x 10, x 10

Pull-ups: 14,11, 10

Seated rows: 30kg each side.

DB hammer curls: 15kg x 16, x 14, x 16.

I am going to try out Brazilian jiu jitsu this week, been dying to try something new!

Chest today and 5 a side football tomorrow, got an active week ahead, legs may have to wait till Friday!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest today:

Bench press:
70kg x 8
80kg x 2, x 3
70kg x 10

I need to get a grip when I don't have a spotter, nuff said.

Military press:

50kg x 3
45kg x 5, x 4

Disappointed with this, was going all out and couldn't get the reps

Dips:

Massive improvement on the dips, did this workout in 30 mins, so the intensity is improving. Feel like I am getting stronger, just need to keep going.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I did the 5 a side soccer last night has killed me off. I was going to try BJJ tomorrow, however I've booked a class next Tuesday to recover from the 5 a side completely. The last time I played was 8 months ago and it caused a niggling knee injury which persisted until I started this log.

My knee feels ok after the soccer but I don't want to push it too much considering how long I've been back at it.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leg day Friday:

Squats: 80kg X 5, 85kg X 5, 90kg X 4.

Military grip pull-ups: 15,8,6

Seated rows: 30kg plates each side: X 12, X 10, X 9

Hammer curls: 15kg X 16,12,16

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest day today:

Barbell bench press: 80kg X 2, X 4, X 4

Shoulder press: 50kg X 2, 40kg X 6, X 6

Tricep pull downs: 25kg X 14, 12, 10

5 minutes hiit on the stepper.

Ive had a bad week exercise wise, work stress took its toll and I didn't eat as well. My energy has definitely been depleted and the lifting figures show that! I am also taking the intensity up a notch.

I've found that stress has the biggest impact in terms of working out, i will keep a lid on it this week.

5 a side took it of me, it is likely to be a regular fixture so I will adjust to it in a week or two.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am still 170lbs, but my body fat is down to 16%, which I am delighted with. I have noticed better results since I cut bad stuff out of my diet.

5 a side last night was brutal. It is like a 60 minute HIIT workout.

I have concluded the marathon idea was stupid and conflicted every other goal that I had. 10k is far enough without depleting me in the gym. I am going to be booking the 10k this month for next April, I want to clock a good time so I am going to resume parkrun bi-weekly at least.

My revised goal list is as follows:
  • Lift 3/4/5
  • Achieve 10% body fat
  • Complete 10k next April in under 45 minutes.
  • Find a sport I am passionate about (this may be BJJ, could be something else!)
I am going to up the intensity, get in the gym 4 times a week alongside 5 a side, BJJ and parkrun. I would rather be tired and in-shape than continue down the road I was headed.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried BJJ and absolutely loved it, we only did a basic move and some footwork but it was good to be back on a mat! It didn't feel like cardio, even though it is!

I'm going again tomorrow. Going to do my chest tonight and legs after BJJ.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leg day yesterday:

Squats: 90kg x 5, x 5
92.5kg x 5
60kg x 20

Lat pull downs: not sure of the weight but the resistance was as follows:

31.5 x 5, x 5
34.5 x 3
17.5 x 20

Bent over rows
35kg x 15, x 15, x 15

Hammer curls:
15kg x 16, x 16, x 16

I felt much stronger! I ended up going out for the fight last night and getting in at 7am so no chest got me today!

BJJ tomorrow which should be good!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest yesterday:

Bench press:
80kg x 5, x 5 x 4,

Tire flip:
80kg 2 sets

Military press:
40kg x 8, x 6 x 6

Supersetted with:

Tricep pushdowns:
27.5kg x 12, 10, 6.

Bench press is getting better, which I like.

To be honest, my head hasn't been there the past week. I have been out drinking 3 times and have had takeaways a lot as well.

I need to keep to find a better balance between ny social life outside of the gym and actually making it to the gym. Family have been over from abroad and mates have been back from working away, regardless of that I still need to make it to the gym and drink in moderation. I have only been to BJJ once, which pisses me off.

My life is my priority and I need to remember that at all times. I love the gym and need to make it 4 times a week! I am p!ssed off, not happy with myself.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Legs yesterday:

Squats:
90kg x 5, 5, 4

Military pull ups:
15, 9, 7

Single arm rows:
25kg x 10,10, 9

Ez bar curls:
10kg each side: 12,12, 12

Curve treadmill hiit: 8 Mins.

Felt much better going in the gym twice over the weekend. Im going doing my chest tonight, which will be good!

I have a much better sense of self when I'm in the gym. I get stressed when I don't go.

So far my progress is pretty good, especially with squats. Balancing my social life with the gym is something I've always found tough, but I will persevere.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is different. For me, weighing myself is always important since I'm very competitive and I need to know where I stand. This helps me push more in runs (speed or distance), go for that extra rep (if i know i've gained weight), etc. If i weigh more and do less reps or the same, I'll generally put in a little extra time to put that extra weight to good use in another supplementary workout or burn calories a little longer in cardio. The only person I compete against is myself, although I do use others as motivation. If someone else can do it, that means it's possible and I can do it as well.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@AAAgent To each their own, I weighed in at 176 last night. I found that I ended up being more focused on doing X at Y weight rather than just trying to improve regardless of weight. The truth is I don't know what i'll look like at 190lbs 10% bf, I might be too muscle bound to get decent running times, I'm going to go with what obtains the best all round results.

Chest yesterday:

DB Bench press: 40kg x 2, 4, 1

Bit better, going to continue mixing up DB's with BB's to maximise growth.

Military press: 50kg x 2
I felt a twinge in my shoulder so I stopped at one set. Being honest my form is pretty poor with all shoulder presses. I am going to drastically lower the weight and focus on this.

Dips: 19, 15, 11.

Great work, happy with that, get up to 3 sets of 20 soon and then start adding weight.

Legs tonight, BJJ tomorrow & Parkrun Saturday morning. I am going for a family meal Saturday night where many beers will be consumed so I need to keep active.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Legs Friday:

I started by doing deadlifts, I did 50kg for around 5 sets of 10, focusing on technique more so than anything else.

Pull ups: 15, 10, 6.

Single arm rows: 25kg x 10, x 10 , x 8

E-z barbell curls: 10kg each side x 10,10, 8

I may have lifted slightly less, but the intensity was there. I did this in under 30 minutes.

Parkrun Saturday:

I set a PB and did the run in 25:58, happy with that, going to go again this week.

Diet is good on the whole, ate a lot of junk yesterday but I am losing fat & gaining muscle. Consistency will pay off down the line.

I am going to be active every day this week in one way or another.

I will progress my deadlift slowly ensuring I have proper technique. I used to do exclusively 1 RMs in the past, which isn't good!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back at it, due to work commitments I ended up all over the place in September, it's not a good enough excuse to not make it to the gym for 45 minutes!

Anyway..

Parkrun yesterday: 25:23. 12 seconds off my personal best, which I will take considering how long I haven't done anything for.

Going doing my chest shortly which should be fun. I'm not taking this too seriously, every time I do, I fail. I am gonna go out some weekends and get drunk, I'm young and should be doing that!