Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does adding girls on Facebook work now?

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a cute girl on Facebook and she is single. Will sending a message or friend request work?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Probably not. Single does not mean she is single, and she gets a ton of messages anyway from strangers each day, every day. Try venues which are made specifically for dating, like pof, or something similar. But like I'm sure you understand this is not a definitive answer, there couldn't be one. It depends too many things.

I would try googling her nick or something and see what kind of hits come up. Perhaps she is on a dating site. Perhaps you get some hits on her hobbies or venues she hangs out at. Then you can adjust your approach to establish rapport and become a person of interest for her.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably not. Single does not mean she is single, and she gets a ton of messages anyway from strangers each day, every day. Try venues which are made specifically for dating, like pof, or something similar. But like I'm sure you understand this is not a definitive answer, there couldn't be one. It depends too many things.

I would try googling her nick or something and see what kind of hits come up. Perhaps she is on a dating site. Perhaps you get some hits on her hobbies or venues she hangs out at. Then you can adjust your approach to establish rapport and become a person of interest for her.
Thanks for the advice , I think you are correct . When they have fb they get tons of messages from dudes

Jetleg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They also get a lot of messages on dating sites.

If she hangs out near you, it might work out to try in real life. Its kinda creepy though...

Reaction score
A broken clock is rite twice a day, so I guess if you used the law of average and say friended 100 random women. 10 might go on a date and 1 or 2 you might bed down. But that seems like a lot of work for such little reward. Like Amante posted above me, all the success I have gotten off Facebook has been from women I have known in some way from the past. If I were you I'd look for greener pastures.

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed in her friend list that she was still friends with this little redhead I had an eye for back then, and she still looks good, so I just dropped her a message saying hello. No intent behind it. Just being friendly, sociable and funny.

I got her talking and engaged, laughing, etc. Then I told her I'll send her a "friend request". Having at least one mutual friend always helps too.
I had to chime in on this one...me and a female friend got to talking on this subject and she is HIGHLY protective of her friends list (even changed her privacy settings to keep them hidden) and totally against men who try to add or chat up her friends on her friends list. She even asked ME not to do it. She hates it when men, how she puts it "trolls" her friends list to chat up women.

I told her, "Crap, woman, you'd make a crappy wing woman/man, lol"

Believe it or not, I know a few women that think it's pretty creepy and the fact you're "mutual friends" with these same people doesn't make it any less creepy...but that's according to them, but...I personally think there's jealousy on their part.

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
That's why I said sending random friend requests to random women in an attempt to quickly set up a date is not an approach I would recommend, because I agree that it can be creepy.
Remember, if you IM someone, it may wind up in another "inbox" per FB's stupid rules , so they'll never see that little RED notification, the only time they can get that RED notification is if you attempt to ADD them as a friend.

LOL...I do admit, I have tried to contact this one woman trying to sell something on a "virtual yard sale" FB group I am a member of. She was VERY cute...that I felt I had to contact her considering in my small town area most women are whale-sized, and she had a cute smile, small waistline and big knockers lol. She didn't look to high maint. as she looked like she came from a low-income family Had her status for job as a "stay at home mom". I think she liked showin' off the girls, but when I attempted to add her, I think she blocked the request.

I mean, I could have pretended to have been a customer, agreed to meet for said product, and worked my game from there, but I figured that'd be deceitful. lol

I'm also a member of a doing conventions and such, so when I see someone is going to the same convention as I am or had been to the same local conventions, I'd try to make an approach there. "Hey, I see you're going to the so-and-so convention as well, nice to meet a fellow <name of niche' interest." Usually it gets ignored, if not...they are rather short or curt with their responses....even if they do take on the FR.

You know what I find creepy? People on popular social networking sites who don't socialize, hide everything and complain about other people trying to be social. That's like going to a party, not talking to anyone and complaining about the loud music.
Yeah, I recall some women would come to a social event with another female friend only to chat with each other and no one else. They'd shirk any man that would approach them. I'm like "Why even come?"

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl I am currently seeing constantly gets hit up on facebook by random dudes. Many work in the business she works in. She shows me many of the messages they send. Its always something lame with little depth. Some keep sending messages once a week even when she doesn't reply. They'll ask her out for lunch/dinner/drinks. They tell her how pretty she is. Typical beta behavior.

It truly disgusts her. And its disgusting to see how lame these guys are. 99.9% of these guys are wasting their time.

The only guy from facebook that she was semi-interested in(before she met me) was a professional soccer player that lived in another country. She showed me some of their correspondence. What sealed his fate was when he made an offer to move her in and she could travel the country with him attending soccer matches. The guy had never met her and after a few weeks of superficial messages he wants her to move in. Ridiculous! I'd guess the only reason this guy stood a chance was because he was rich, had fame, and was attractive.

I think your time is better spent on a dating site!

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
I'd guess the only reason this guy stood a chance was because he was rich, had fame, and was attractive.
So he said, could be completely lying. lol

Many work in the business she works in.
Well, at least they have a reason to contact her.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pulled off of Facebook before. Started posting on things she posted on to feel things out, I could tell she appreciated my attention. Just kept the ball rolling after that and asked her out eventually to a group outing (i was a stranger to her after all) she brought a friend too, things went well and that led to something of an LTR. She was... emotionally challenged.

Just keep things light and funny and don't suffocate her with attention.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the internet...how does one know if a girl, is actually a girl? Could be a boy!!!:eek:

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I only talk with girls on FB for business. Anything else, no.

In the OP's case, no. Reason being, her saying she's single is just her desire for attention. I guarantee she's getting messages left and right on many platforms.

Your time is better spent elsewhere.

AlexKaiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Add her anyway.

The worst thing she can do is not accept the request. If she says yes, its out of curiosity (why you add me), or interest (thanks for the add! so what's up?).

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
I have added women, they'd accept...but...when I attempt to IM them, they ignore it.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have added women, they'd accept...but...when I attempt to IM them, they ignore it.
lots of people are just collecting new FB friends