Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Deleted her number - did I do right thing?

Darrenez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So after chatting for a day or 2 last week, I met up with this woman from tinder last Friday. We went out for dinner and before the food came out, we were all over each other. It was one of the best date, I've been on and she felt the same...Since then we have texting all day everyday whilst discussing plans for meeting up tomorrow with her saying she would pay for dinner this time.

Yesterday I sent her a message in the morning, kind of flirty and fun, nothing heavy. She got back to me a few hours later, which she explained she was busy at work and told me her plans for the day...She didn't leave a X which she usually does so that kind of set red flags off.

I replied to her message, joking and flirty like always and I didn't get a reply, along with a question. A few hours later I sent her a picture in my suit as I was at work. Again no reply.. I didn't send her a question or anything that warranted a reply...however I was expecting one

Last night I deleted her number to prevent me coming across as needy and weak incase I sent her a text this morning to see what happened yesterday. However I think maybe I shouldn't have deleted it. In my heart of hearts I know I done the right thing but cannot understand how it went wrong..I didn't bombard her with texts,most of them statements not questions yet flirty,kept a decent amount of time between them...women!...so confused right now..advise me guys..Did I do the right thing?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You delete numbers when you intend never to contact a chick again. Clearly you are not there yet since you still have the desire to reach out. Just control yourself. Too much texting, and you spooked her off. You are putting out a vibe that you want a relationship. In my experience you just can not turn this around when you behave like this early on. So while I don;t think deleting a number is the right call, clearly you need to move on and learn from this and try not to let this happen again.

You have to let women chase you... she needs to be the one reaching out and all you do is make dates. We all have awesome 1st dates that go great, but you have to back off and let things happen at her pace. The best way to do this is keep making dates, if you have other women in your life you CAN NOT focus on just one.

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why delete her number?
Just do something else until she messages you again.
Use text only to set dates or very short practical convos, avoid endless dialogues.
Too much texting and journalling of your day and picture sending will eventually get boring and text drama wars will eventually start before she LJBF's you.
Leave something for the imagination too, let her wonder what you are doing inbetween those "Wanna come over at 8?" messages.

Darrenez

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are right...Maybe I shouldn't have messaged her as much although she was always messaging me straight back..I am messaging 1/2 more women but this one I was actually bothered about and liked. So annoying I should have kept her number I guess...However she may still text me although I doubt it..I done everything by the book, however maybe I shouldn't have messaged so many times throughout the day as if we were in a relationship..Do you guys reckon she will message me with some excuse as to why she didn't message me yesterday?

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys reckon she will message me with some excuse as to why she didn't message me yesterday?
Stop thinking about **** like this. Spin another plate and let this play itself out.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since then we have texting all day everyday
Read these words clearly. Understand them, internalize them: TEXTING KILLS RELATIONSHIPS

You shouldn't be texting a woman all day everyday. Even inside of a relationship. It's over exposure. It ruins mystery, excitement. What's the point in meeting if your can talk about everything you need over the phone. Occasional conversations here and the are fine but when you develop the routine of texting a woman from 9am-9pm 24/7 interest is going to wane.

It may not be today but eventually she is going to text with a bullshít excuse to why she hasn't replied. Maybe next week, next month, etc. When she does, don't act butt hurt, don't be mad. Push for a meetup at your house. Nothing less. You shouldn't even acknowledge anything else she says.

Her: Hey Darrenez sorry I went missing. I've been sick and swamped with work recently.

You: Come hang out at my house when you need a break from it all.

Once you put the offer out there, back off. No small talk. No 'flirty messages.' No pictures. She'll either take you up on the offer there. Take you up on the offer later when something else falls through for her or continue to be flakey. All outcomes are fine. You would have done what you needed to do.

Also, don't burn unnecessary bridges. Forget that next shít everyone here is so quick to preach. Put women on the back burner. You won't believe how many times a woman will be flakey only to hit you up at 2am for steamy sex. The number should not need to be deleted to practice self control. If it does, you still have inner game to work on.

Darrenez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read these words clearly. Understand them, internalize them: TEXTING KILLS RELATIONSHIPS

You shouldn't be texting a woman all day everyday. Even inside of a relationship. It's over exposure. It ruins mystery, excitement. What's the point in meeting if your can talk about everything you need over the phone. Occasional conversations here and the are fine but when you develop the routine of texting a woman from 9am-9pm 24/7 interest is going to wane.

It may not be today but eventually she is going to text with a bullshít excuse to why she hasn't replied. Maybe next week, next month, etc. When she does, don't act butt hurt, don't be mad. Push for a meetup at your house. Nothing less. You shouldn't even acknowledge anything else she says.

Her: Hey Darrenez sorry I went missing. I've been sick and swamped with work recently.

You: Come hang out at my house when you need a break from it all.

Once you put the offer out there, back off. No small talk. No 'flirty messages.' No pictures. She'll either take you up on the offer there. Take you up on the offer later when something else falls through for her or continue to be flakey. All outcomes are fine. You would have done what you needed to do.

Also, don't burn unnecessary bridges. Forget that next shít everyone here is so quick to preach. Put women on the back burner. You won't believe how many times a woman will be flakey only to hit you up at 2am for steamy sex. The number should not need to be deleted to practice self control. If it does, you still have inner game to work on.

This information especially the Texting kills Relationships is Golden, thank you..I mean I didn't text her all day everyday. I even purposely left it a few hours before messaging her back. However something must have happened yesterday as I totally didn't see this coming as we have been getting on so well. I need to remember the points you have mentioned...I already had decided that if she did come back to me with an excuse I would say something along the lines of what you have said

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So after chatting for a day or 2 last week, I met up with this woman from tinder last Friday. We went out for dinner and before the food came out, we were all over each other. It was one of the best date, I've been on and she felt the same...Since then we have texting all day everyday whilst discussing plans for meeting up tomorrow with her saying she would pay for dinner this time.

Yesterday I sent her a message in the morning, kind of flirty and fun, nothing heavy. She got back to me a few hours later, which she explained she was busy at work and told me her plans for the day...She didn't leave a X which she usually does so that kind of set red flags off.

I replied to her message, joking and flirty like always and I didn't get a reply, along with a question. A few hours later I sent her a picture in my suit as I was at work. Again no reply.. I didn't send her a question or anything that warranted a reply...however I was expecting one

Last night I deleted her number to prevent me coming across as needy and weak incase I sent her a text this morning to see what happened yesterday. However I think maybe I shouldn't have deleted it. In my heart of hearts I know I done the right thing but cannot understand how it went wrong..I didn't bombard her with texts,most of them statements not questions yet flirty,kept a decent amount of time between them...women!...so confused right now..advise me guys..Did I do the right thing?
She is fielding texts plus IOI from many other dudes. Anytime a girl doesn't answer your texts, she isn't interested. It is quite simple. Women react to what they are interested in. That is why they look at everything when they shop. That is why they smell evey bottle of perfume in the store. It is why they pick up a flower and smell it. It is why they answer our texts. They are interested. If they do not react or answer. Quite simple. Something or somebody else has their attention.

You did the right thing. You haven't lost contact if she is interested. She still has your text chain. She will text you. If not. Next.

Darrenez

Don Juan
Reaction score
She is fielding texts plus IOI from many other dudes. Anytime a girl doesn't answer your texts, she isn't interested. It is quite simple. Women react to what they are interested in. That is why they look at everything when they shop. That is why they smell evey bottle of perfume in the store. It is why they pick up a flower and smell it. It is why they answer our texts. They are interested. If they do not react or answer. Quite simple. Something or somebody else has their attention.

You did the right thing. You haven't lost contact if she is interested. She still has your text chain. She will text you. If not. Next.
Exactly what I thought. If she is really interested she will be in contact with me. I'm not chasing any woman no matter how beautiful she is, not for me and never has been.. Just see what happens i guess. Won't wait around though, plenty more fish in the sea.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Have to agree here with Dude99, especially when he says that she still has your number even if you dont have hers anymore.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much texting man. Especially so early. I have noticed as a plate starts getting attached (especially after sex), they do tend to up the communication quite a bit. However, still try to keep yourself busy and convos short. Worse case, pick up the phone and call her for 5-10 mins.

You don't have to be rude about it, just tell them you are busy. Also, don't set the expectation that you are quick to answer texts all the time.

What helped me? I keep my phone on silent, so I don't feel like it is a leash. I check it when I legitimately am not doing anything.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!

READ THIS AGAIN!

A woman is either interested or not. The gray area is you chasing her or just being friendzoned.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought. If she is really interested she will be in contact with me. I'm not chasing any woman no matter how beautiful she is, not for me and never has been.. Just see what happens i guess. Won't wait around though, plenty more fish in the sea.
Exactly. The prize doesn't chase. You are the prize. She either realizes this or she is in your rear view mirror.

Remember. The belt doesn't chase the professional boxer. The Vince Lombardi trophy doesn't chase the NFL team. The Stanley Cup doesn't chase the hockey team.

You are the prize. They either win your attention or next.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wasn't as interested as you thought.

Also stop texting so much. Especially random pictures of yourself to a woman you've only been on one date with.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wasn't as interested as you thought.

Also stop texting so much. Especially random pictures of yourself to a woman you've only been on one date with.
Agreed. One date a women doesn't deserve that level of attention from you.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
You have to let women chase you... she needs to be the one reaching out and all you do is make dates. We all have awesome 1st dates that go great, but you have to back off and let things happen at her pace. The best way to do this is keep making dates, if you have other women in your life you CAN NOT focus on just one.
I like this last one. When she reaches out, she Wants you to ask her out, you set the date and be aloof, make her wonder, then she chases you. If you're the one always reaching out to her, her IL is low, then you ask her out, if she refuses you delete the number.

You delete the number because you know she only wants you as an orbiter or texting buddy and has no desire to actually spend time with you

Darrenez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I should have asked on here first on how you go about things before seeing her. I think , so I could have planned things better...But I guess judging by everyone's advice on here... Certainly in the early stages..Less is more in regards to texting

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should have asked on here first on how you go about things before seeing her. I think , so I could have planned things better...But I guess judging by everyone's advice on here... Certainly in the early stages..Less is more in regards to texting
Yes. Bombarding a girl with tons of texts will make her lose interest

Thatfeel21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So she still hasnt responded? Looks like she nexted you.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Last night I deleted her number to prevent me coming across as needy and weak incase I sent her a text this morning to see what happened yesterday.
Bro if you the urge to text a 20 something year old girl you met on TINDER and made out with is so strong that you have to DELETE her number, real life is going to chew you up and spit you out.

However I think maybe I shouldn't have deleted it. In my heart of hearts I know I done the right thing but cannot understand how it went wrong..I didn't bombard her with texts,most of them statements not questions yet flirty,kept a decent amount of time between them...women!...so confused right now..advise me guys..Did I do the right thing?
I can't tell if this is real, but no you didn't do the right thing.

Men have to focus on their goals and keep their emotions in check AT ALL TIMES. If the girl senses you are focused on her happiness and goals instead of yours, head spinning will start with sugar on top.