Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Daily Journal for Cold Approaches

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey dude long time no see
i think we used to talk on aim or something... i dnno if u use that anymore(or maybe it was just through these boards)
anyways keep the journal updated. gl and congrats ;)

o btw what happend with the boot camp.. did u stop doing that and decide to just go with cold approaches or wut? and how did u get there? u just started using 3 second rule and doing it?

Last edited:

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone knock out J White, GOD DAMN IT

Stop asking girls if they are single, even decent girls are taken u fuking moron, if they want to talk to you, talk to them !!!! No relationship is perfect, Why dont u think there are cheaters !

Don Corleon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vigilante, how many cold approaches do you do a day? Who gives a phuck how Jwhite approaches, it appears hes getting numbers and calls. The dj bible and theory is just a guidline to people who are new at this or need help. It doesn't mean we need to follow it to the tee. To each his own.

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update!

Hey guys,
I'm been busy with school, clubs, painting, friends, and family recently but I'm still trying to maintain my goal of approaching one chick a day. Yesterday, I didn't see any real good opportunities to approach because it snowed all day long. Today, the sun shined bright, and the chicks were ripe for the picking.

Approach 36 on January 21, 2004

I left the UMC(Food Court at CU) after getting a delightful Subway sandwhich and next to the staircase I see a cute brown hair chick. She started to pack her backpack and walked in the other direction from me. I acted fast! Stopped her, and she told me, "I have a boyfriend, sorry..." No problem, next chick please!

Approach 37 on January 21, 2004

I descended down to the edge of campus to my Intro to Finance class in a huge auditorium of about 400 people! I waited outside for the first class to clear, and I noticed a blonde sorority chick. And from my previous approaches of blonde chicks in 2004, I didn't have the greatest success. This time I knew it would be different. Again she walks right by me(no eye contact, body language, Doggy Dinner Bowl eyes), she gave me ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNALS TO APPROACH HER. I don't even think she knew I existed. That didn't stop me though, I got her number while other people walked by. And I believe that no one really cares if you approach a girl, I noticed that people don't even think you are hitting on a chick.

Now, the questions!

Lost,

o btw what happend with the boot camp.. did u stop doing that and decide to just go with cold approaches or wut? and how did u get there? u just started using 3 second rule and doing it?

Hey Lost! Good to hear from you, it's been a long time. I did stop the boot camp because it got too hard:p . I didn't even get past Week 2! You know, I actually believe that saying "hi" to strangers was a harder task than approaching random chicks and getting digits. I don't know why either; I feel more comfortable going into conversations that just blurting out "hi" to a chick. I was thinking way too much also. I would try to stand up straight, keep eye contact, get her to give me eye contact, wait for her to be in close proximity then unload my weak monotone "hi" at her.

When I approach girls, I don't even think about anything. I approach and get what I want. I don't have a certain philosophy, convo skills, seductive skills, or any of that stuff. I just go after what attracts me, and if I don't get her, then I find another one.

You asked, "how did you get there?"

I don't know what you mean by "there," but I understand your question. I used to be shy, introverted, and would never approach a chick in a million years(and this was 8 months ago!). I can't explain to you how I changed; it seriously felt(after my first approach) as if I released myself from my own personal fears and insecurities I've held onto for my whole life. The chains of my mind holding me back broke to pieces, and I became free in this new more evolved world of mine. That's how I describe it, but it could be different for Lost or whomever. The biggest enemy is yourself. Solve yourself, and see your world become whatever you want it to be.

Viglante,
I'm glad you like my journal so much!

Don Corleon,
You've said what I've been trying to communicate the whole time. I use my method, and it works for me. I can't explain the why and how of my successes; it just happens. It's my primary style of approach because it works best in the environment I'm in most of the time(college campus). I don't use it at parties, clubs, or anywhere else because it wouldn't fit the situation. Anyways, I got to get some sleep.

Later,
JW

BES

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey jwhite, for that are u single question?
do u ask for there name?

J white boot camp cold approach question,

u see a chick ...approach....say hi.....can i ask you a quick question..

are u single? if yes
i really need to go and i want to talk to you sometime can i get your number..........

after she gave you her number do you do this folowing?

do you or did you ask for there name?
and start small convo? and bail out?

thanks jwhite you are my role model right now.
i need to get some digits soon i need a date on valentines date.

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BES!
hey jwhite, for that are u single question? Do u ask for there name?

Sometimes I ask immediately upon meeting them, and sometimes I ask right after I ask for their number. I don't really plan it out.

You have the basis of my standard approach down. Now, I still use that approach(on the street and on campus only), but I like to add a little conversation if I have the time. Usually, I don't have that much time to talk(studying and classes), so I cut it short and talk to the chicks on the phone and then set up a date.

I don't recommend this approach to everybody because it really depends on what you goal is. My goal is to meet and date SINGLE women. It is not to screw as many as I can, if that were the case then my approach would be useless. I just don't want to deal with boyfriend even if she liked me more. I'd be much happier with a chick who is free just like me.

Good luck,
JW

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@ J white...sorry about being offensive, i got so into this that even i was getting pissed at the rejections LOL:D

we need an update

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vigilante7,
No apology needed, that is wuss talk! Just kidding, and no! I'm not turning into David D. I promise I will not say "women aren't attracted to wusses" 25 times in the next paragraphs. As for the update, my life flashes on. I haven't approached a chick in awhile. Why??? Too busy embracing the vivarious spirit life brings every day to me. I overcame my fear, my weakness, and I'm no longer set up a self-limiting wall blocking my destiny.

Today, if I see a cute chick that I would like to meet, I go for it. I don't need to approach 1 chick everyday anymore(or even 1 per week). Now, it is a waste of time for me. More important things to do!

When I first started, I needed to get the through my wall, and I had to repeat getting rejected again and again. Destroying more walls each time, and letting the river that flows life seap through the endless cracks of the imagination. Bringing the dream self-image and the real self into one and becoming your dream.

Yes, I still get rejected(Who doesn't?), but I'm picking them and not the other way around. I get to choose from about 13,000 girls at CU, how nice is that? Why not go for a girl that is attractive, single, athletic, ambitious, and so on?

I could continue to post a journal, but I wouldn't update it as much because I don't have to make a definite major intent to get numbers anymore. Right now, I get numbers when I feel like it. Would you like to see an update? This reminds me of something interesting I read today in a how-to have a successful interview book....

"You get what you ask for."

"If you never ask, you never get."

how true! Ask and you shall receive....

I hope you and everyone else gets what they want because I did with the help of this site.
Regards,
JW

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah wed all like an update.

btw are you sure that youre not just rationalizing an excuse to not do your daily quota?
"i dont have time" i mean, come on it only takes a min. (just offering consrtuctive criticism)

it just seems to me that you would have to do more than 1 a week to get results (given that every number close does not equal a date and every date may not equal a gf)

but even if u dont have time for dates it might still be a good idea to do it for the hell of it and stay in practice for when you do get time

kairos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo jwhite, this is kairos, I haven't posted to this thread in like 3-4 months. I tried your approach and David D. in general last Nov/Dec, it worked very well in NYC. I tried it and dated one girl for a couple of months, before I got swamped with work. Now I'm ready to get back on game :)

I live in NYC and I believe the "are you single" approach can work anywhere; clubs and parties are a pain because of the noise, otherwise for bookstores, cafes, malls etc. - the "are you single" approach is one of the best and simplest...anyways, nice to get back in touch with this jwhite post, it's the best post on sosuave...

i believe you can try two approaches - one is "are you single" and if "yes" go straight for the email/number, or you can talk a little more and then go for the email/no. - both work, second one is safer...

most important thing is to just be indifferent and keep going for approaches, men tend to get really afraid of rejection - that's what keeps guys from doing a lot of things in their life, fear of rejection, just get passed that and you'll be reaaalllyy powerfull...

kairos

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
isotope,
Right now, CU is on a spring break, so MOST of the girls are gone! No journal update for a week, unless I find some other chicks in another non-pickup venue. Maybe, I will update this journal when the girls get back from Spring break March 28:)

btw are you sure that youre not just rationalizing an excuse to not do your daily quota?

Hehe, I expected a response like this! My original goal(from the first page) was the ability to approach any girl, at any time, and at any place. Now, I feel like I can do it without having to approach one chick a day.

I've approached girls everywhere: in the library, in the food court, on the street, stopping girls walking around campus(hardest to do), at the bus stop, on a bench, in the computer lab, in front of restaurants, etc.

I get plenty of numbers for myself. I do want to have a life outside chicks! Everyday during the school week, I'm on campus going to class, studying for tests, reading books, painting, writing papers, meeting for clubs and fraternities(co-ed business frat), and trying to line up a summer internship right now. And believe me, it takes more than a minute to find a chick I want to approach.

No doubt, I love to approach women, but I recognize I don't need to prove I'm better "man" to anyone because I can get 10 dates a week or approach a certain "quota" each day. Why should I approach more girls than I need? I WILL NOT make chasing girls my life. In fact, I think it is good to take a break from girls from time to time to clear your mind and focus on yourself.

it just seems to me that you would have to do more than 1 a week to get results

I get more than one number a week if I want!

but even if u dont have time for dates it might still be a good idea to do it for the hell of it and stay in practice for when you do get time

Exactly! I still have time to go on dates, but not as much as I use to. Also, I still approach girls for fun and practice, but I don't go out of my way intentionally as often to find girls and get numbers. Hmm....a good possibility of a journal update coming soon!!!!

kairos,
It is great to hear you are having the success you want! I think you and me think very similar, and we both use the approach in the best venues congruent to a non-pickup environment. This approach has two objectives: 1) find out if the girl is taken 2) find out if the girl is interested in you.

i believe you can try two approaches - one is "are you single" and if "yes" go straight for the email/number, or you can talk a little more and then go for the email/no. - both work, second one is safer...

True! Establishing rapport with the chick shows her what type of guy you are like, and you can find out if she is the type of girl you like.

most important thing is to just be indifferent and keep going for approaches, men tend to get really afraid of rejection - that's what keeps guys from doing a lot of things in their life, fear of rejection, just get passed that and you'll be reaaalllyy powerfull...

Indeed, the fear of the rejection keeps a man's life stuck in conformity. Most people like being average and normal, but they won't admit it, ever! Putting your ego aside and going for the number changes everything.

What do we have to lose asking for RANDOM chick's number? Absolutely nothing! The chances of seeing the same chick again are slim. Even if she did see you again, she would look at you differently: as a guy not intimidated by a beauty, and the willingness to risk rejection.

But you shouldn't care what she thinks of you, you should only care about yourself breaking new boundaries. Breaking into new territroy unleases a power that escaped you all these years, but you realize the power was with you all along...

Cue Governator Arnold in a *slow mechanical robot voice-tone*: "I'll be back...."
JW

Last edited:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, great thread!

Isn't it incredibly powerful to know you can meet girls anytime that you want too.

JWhite shows us the simplest way to do it!

I have to commend you.

BUt I also have to scold you as well, why the hell aren't you on SPRING BREAK.

That was the best time I ever had in college!

jwhite17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky,
BUt I also have to scold you as well, why the hell aren't you on SPRING BREAK.
Hahaha, yea, I KNOW! Thanks for reminding me! *looks outside at the desolute town that is non-existent with free-spirited chicks* I didn't have the funds this year to go to an exotic warm paradise. Also, I no longer have a car, so I can't go on a road trip either. Here's what I'll do to change: I promise to do whatever it takes to go someplace else for all of the remaining breaks, and I will enjoy myself wherever I end up. I will NOT miss out on all the great college experiences.

suavamente

Reaction score
Jwhite I have not written to you before but I have found success and fearlessness in using your approach.

I have attempted it in malls, streets,.and bookstores so far my results are

1 number in 11 tries with a goal of 40 approaches. I will be posting a journal of these approaches as a continuation of yours. I hope to add some statistics to compliment your great work.

I have found that making the cold approach in a non pickup environment always leaves women with a element of surprise and if they are receptive makes it more meaningful.

A twist that I have added on your lines is
"Excuse me"

her: "yes"

" I'm confused, are you single".

her: "laughing, yea why"

me: " I wanted to talk to you sometime , can I take your number and give you a call for coffee"..

her: "sure why not" .

I will try this this weekend.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by suavamente
Jwhite I have not written to you before but I have found success and fearlessness in using your approach.

I have attempted it in malls, streets,.and bookstores so far my results are

1 number in 11 tries with a goal of 40 approaches. I will be posting a journal of these approaches as a continuation of yours. I hope to add some statistics to compliment your great work.

I have found that making the cold approach in a non pickup environment always leaves women with a element of surprise and if they are receptive makes it more meaningful.

A twist that I have added on your lines is
"Excuse me"

her: "yes"

" I'm confused, are you single".

her: "laughing, yea why"

me: " I wanted to talk to you sometime , can I take your number and give you a call for coffee"..

her: "sure why not" .

I will try this this weekend.
If you are 1 for 11, how is that success?

thedude7

Don Juan
Reaction score
jwhite17,

I remember you mentioning that once a girl answered "why?" when you asked her if she was single, and you had rarely encountered this answer before because everyone answers with a yes or no.
For me it's totally different, the majority of the time a girl will answer "why?" when I ask if they are single.
You have mentioned that your style of approach is not suitable for everyone, I have learnt that I am one of those people. But it's good for everyone here to keep in mind that you will never know unless you give it go.

louis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent thread jwhite - thank you for posting.

Many years ago, I decided to start approaching women, and I was surprised how quick and easy it was to get some interest from girls.

I think I used to say something like "excuse me, do you want to go to a concert". The response was usually cautious interest - e.g. "but I don't know you". I think I usually ended by trying to set a date, and exchanging numbers. By giving her my number, I could offer her a get-out clause. (I'm not recommending a course of action here, just relating past experience).

I do remember getting on a roll - once I was in the habit of asking girls, I became more confident, and the next one seemed easier. When I was on a confident roll, I don't remember anyone being rude, and the approaches did help my confidence and coincided with getting quite a few dates.

suavamente

Reaction score
One on One, 1 for 11 is good considering the target I was going for. I ran into alot of girls with boyfriends etc. But the 1 number was from a very attractive women. Its success because I don't quite.

Its never about how many times you fail , but that you overcome fear en route to success. I would be glad to hear anyone else's statistics when trying this approach.

I might also add that all of the women smiled and appreciated my approach. and a few even stopped to talk despite their lack of being single.

Those who dare to fail will prevail.

Reaction score
I do cold aproaches just like you and also when the situation comes up... but i have a question for you...
I have a GF of 9 months and ... I still do cold approaches... you ever found yourself thinking "should I keep the girl I have if I can approach talk , date, and in the end have a better looking chick anyway"? ... how long should I have the GF I already have

anyway? ...dump her till i find someone new and better?

My GF is great but I KNOW I could have a better one that could be hotter than the one I have ....

here in my hometown it is very uncommon to do a cold approach the way we do it .... but most women like it ...

any comments?