Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cigars

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought we could use a good Cigar thread around here. I've been enjoying them on and off for about 3 years now. I'd love to get of your guy's thoughts on them? Any other aficionado's here?

My favorite brand by far is Padron. Just an unbelievably good brand of premium cigars. Their core flavor profile consists of espresso, chocolate, spice and other desert like flavors. My favorite cigar of theirs, and unfortunately the most expensive, is the 1926 serie 80 years. Just a full bodied powerhouse of rich thick smoke that changes flavors over the entire 2 hour journey you're smoking it. You get cream, spice, cinnamon, leather, espresso, chocolate and then towards the end nuts, woodsmoke, and almost a BBQ smokiness.

I was fortunate enough to try my first cuban a few weeks back. Had myself a Cohiba in Merrakech, Morocco. I knew what to look for on the band to make sure I wasn't getting a fake. I had the real deal in my hands. It was very, very good - however I would say that the Padrons are better. Padron tobacco comes from Nicaragua. I noticed the big difference with the Cuban was how earthy and spicy it was. A very intense cigar, but it did have the wonderful flavors of chocolate coffee and cinnamon that are very enjoyable. I noticed, as I've been told previously, that they are VERY inconsistent. I bought four more while I had the opportunity and none were as good as the first one.

Another good brand I've tried is Camacho. They have a bourbon barrel aged cigar, lol, that essentially what they do is age the leaves for 6 months AFTER the initial aging in used bourbon barrels for 6 months. A very good cigar.

In terms of enjoying whiskey with my cigars. I've tried it in the past and unfortunately I haven't found it as enjoyable as enjoying them separately. Also, interestingly enough, I've found that when I'm indoors, I cannot taste the cigar as well as I can when I'm outside. An interesting something to note is A-LOT of the flavor you're going to get from your cigars will come from your sinuses. Retrohaling, blowing some of the smoke out your nose, is very important if you want to get all the flavors. I get a bit stuffed up when I'm smoking inside so if I truly want to enjoy the stick I'll go to the park. Interestingly enough it's the opposite with whiskey. Most whisky, bourbon and scotch, I find hard to taste the flavors outside! I need to be indoors to be able to get a good "nose on it".

CONS of all this: f*cks your teeth up a bit. You really need to be on point with the flossing and brushing if you want to enjoy this stuff on the somewhat regular.

Thoughts?