Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Challenge me ! blind_one's fitness project

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 21
Legs on Wednesday,
Friday did back n Deadlifts,
Saturday Triceps and shoulders.

Feels good, tortured myself some more on Saturday this time and it felt good. Increased general Deadlift load to 80kg total. Could probably increase it way faster but I'll hang on to this weight for at least two weeks.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 22

So the previous week was not so good ... Did one workout , other than that, acomplished some other worth things yet the lack of decent amount of workouts gnawed at me subconciusly.

This week I rampaged Mon-Thru and I am done.
Chest/Biceps-Legs-BacknDeadlift-Shoulder/Triceps

Will start on Sunday with Chest/Biceps again.

Somedays I am getting more reps some less overall. But I try to push hard ( not going crazy on weight though). I still get muscle ''aches'' in the evening the next day and day after from moving the loads, so I guess I am doing something right. Especially in my legs and butt xD.

Will register sample workouts from next week and get the numbers down for future comparison.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 23

As promised this week I recorded my numbers, felt good overall. Did start on Monday instead of Sunday as I still had some feedback from shoulders and triceps from Day 4.
The main point of this is to reflect in due time if I am making gains.

@Espi @marmel75 I would love your input on the structure or possible tweaks I could make.
I try to do more exercises with this kind of intensity instead of doing less but super heavy to avoid injury risks at all costs.

So there it goes:

Day 1 ( Monday) I usually use DBs instead of barbells for the presses.

Incline Barbell Bench Press
20 warm up reps with the bar
12 x 20kg
12 x 22.5kg
11 x 30 kg
10 x 22.5

Flat Barbell Bench Press
11 x 30 kg
9 x 30 kg
12 x 25 kg

Incline DB Flys 8kg Dbs
12, 12 , 12

Decline Barbell Bench Press
15 x 30
12 x 30
11 x 30
14 x 25

DB Curls ( weight of each DB on the left, reps on the right )
15 x 8,
9 x 12,
9 x 10

Preacher Curls with EZbar ( Dropsets)
10kg x 10rp drop 10rp x bar
10kg x 8rp drop 11rp
5kg x 10rp drop 10rp
5kg x 12rp drop 10rp

Day 2 ( Tuesday) I mostly do smith machine squats without added plates, just the assembly Ass to Grass 15 reps in 4 sets

Smith machine squat (TO PARALLEL)
Bar x 12
20kg x 12
40kg x 10
50kg x 8
30kg x 15

Reverse Lunges with 6kg DBs
4 Sets of 10 reps per leg

Leg Press 103,5 Kg
12, 12 , 13 reps

Leg Extension 31.5 Kg
13,12,13 reps

Leg Curl 40.5 Kg
15, 15, 15 reps

Calves were done on a diagonal squat machine with 40Kg load. After a set I would stand up on brick and do BW set immediately after.
15 + 10 feet position | |
14 + 10 \ /
14 + 14 / \
13 + 9 | |

Day 3 ( Thursday )

Lat pulldown
15 x 22.5 kg warmup set
3 sets of 12 x 50
10 x 50 drop to 10 x 31 kg

Deadlift
12 x 70 kg total load
12 x 70
12 x 80
13 x 80 Those last 2 sets were really demanding.

Barbell Bent over row
12 x 15kg
3 sets of 12 x 25kg

Close grip seated cable row
3 sets of 12 rps x 9 plates
12 x 9pl drop 10 x 6pl

Weighted hyperextensions
12 x 5kg
12 x 10
11 x 10
10 x 10 + 5 x bw

Day 4 ( Friday )

Seated DB Shoulder Press

12 x 12kg dbs
12 x 18
12 x 18
10 x 18 drop 6 x 10kg

Smith machine Upright Rows supersetted with lateral raises 6Kg DBs.

10 reps + 10 reps
10 reps + 10 reps
9 reps + 6 reps + 6 reps with arms at 90*
9 reps + 6 reps + 9 reps with arms at 90*

Front raise
12 reps x 10 kg
14 reps x 10 kg
12 reps x 10 kg

Ezbar Skull Crushers
10kg load x 12 rp
3 sets of 15kg load x 12 rp

Close Grip Bench Press

10 kg load x 12
15 kg load x 12
20 kg load x 12

Cable pushdowns with a V bar ( could not find rope anywhere )
15 reps x 6 plates
13 x 7 pl
12 x 7 pl
10 x 7 pl drop 6 x 5 pl drop 10 x 3 pl

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Espi
I fully agree on the rep range and I try to oscillate around that.

On my chest day I usually do DB incline then DB flat then Incline flys and then Decline barbell.

That particular week all db benches were full as I had to do the workout earlier during the day. I used to have shoulder stress during Incline barbell but that was a long time ago and most of the time I am doing DB anyway. I love decline barbell and I use them instead of the dips since I could not do them properly ( read I am too weak atm ).

Regular barbell curls I suck at and don't particularly like yet drop sets with preacher curls I quite like and I am getting better. Heavy pulldowns on Day 3

I love deadlifts , heavy is a relative term though :) If I can manage 10-12 reps in 4-5 sets I doubt its ''heavy'' by most standards. I do hyperextensions as the last exercise to further torture the lower back with slow controlled reps both up and down. Unless there is harm in it ?

As for squats I do them ass to grass as you once instructed, just wanted to see so much I gained in comparison to my old logs where I did squats to parallel. Seems like its time to add some albeit not crazy amount of weight to it.
As always thank you for your comments ! Feed back is always most appreciated.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 25

Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday split.

After the last weekly break I was back to full strength .

Leg day was different this time as the gym was full ( went during day time )

8 sets of of leg press, 4 sets of curls + calf super sets. Good feed back in the following days.

My dead-lifts on Thursday we're awesome. I warmed up at 60 kgs, then did 70, 80.
I was doing okay at 80 which was really hard before, my grip was also solid, thrown in a pair of 10s, 100kg total with the bar and did solid 10 reps. Then went down back to 80.

Looking forward to the next week.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 26

Back on track.

During the last two weeks I skipped 2 workouts out of 8. Lots of overtime and some other issues ...

This Monday I already went bonkers and feel great. Strength gains are there.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 28

Last week I did only half the work, lots of things going into another project and planning my birthday party. This week started strong, satisfied. Either increasing the weight bit by bit or pushing for 1-2 more reps.

Starting this week, after every workout I will do 5 minute of rope jumping, increasing by 1 minute each week.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Espi Thanks m8, it means a lot.

Best thing I did to myself was switching to 4 days straight per week. It really makes it easier to keep pumping. I am roughly at 91% attendancy according to plan, counting from beginning of January.

I ought to write down my rep x weight count for future comparison.

Milano

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work mayne. Eastern Europe?

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 28

Last week completed with good intensity, Mon-Thru with added 5 minutes of rope jumping after each workout. Jumping technique improved drasticly on 3rd day, where instead of 40-50 consecutive jumps I managed to do 120 once :D. Looking forward to it.

Sadly ... on Saturday I was supposed to tinker on my mom's car with a friend. Unfortunately my mom agree to get some help from some mongoloid from her workplace .....

Before my friend came over to help me he managed to slash my right index finger with a knife while ''removing' a zip tie ..... I won't go into detail but trust me this is just hillarious. Thankfully no joints or bones were hurt, 2 stitches and I still have full control of my finger and it does not hurt at all.

We'll see how that affects my workouts, I will have to be extra careful with my grip.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 29

Finally back in business. So I decided to skip 2 weeks in lieu of recovery and my finger healing up. Had my stitches removed last Monday and went to hit the iron that evening.

Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat. Forgot to do my rope jumping on Monday, but did 6 minutes for the next three days.
I am being a bit weaker after that break but oh well. Feels good to be able to barely move after a hard leg day.

Looking forward to getting back into it.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 30

Two weeks ago I did 2 workouts and then I fell on my bike ... at 12 mph ...
Hurt my wrist but after 1.5 weeks its back to 90% already , borrowerd a wrist strap and hitting it today.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 31

Last week did Mon 9 Chest and biceps, then Wed Back n Deadlift. Saturday went canoeing all day.

This Monday already did Monday Chest+ Biceps again with a friend joining me ( he also did on Wed).
My lower palm of the left hand is still sensitive but wrist joint is better than it was last week. I felt bad not mentally , since I did a good amount of rowing, about the last week but physiologically from not working out enough.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 32

Finished last week with just 3 workouts total, sadly skipped shoulder and triceps.
This week completed yesterday with all four sessions . My friend joined me throughout most of it and I am teaching him how to spot, new bench PR :p yay.

Looking forward to next week, might start early ( Sunday) since I am on vacation starting Thursday.

Props to the gym for getting new jump ropes, old ones had effd bearings on one side and kept tangling. Now I can up the tempo since the technique is getting better.

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 33

Time to report back :)

Started my two weeks of PTO at the beginning of August. Went to a festival, visited a friend and saw some old WW2 bunkers. During that time of around 3 weeks I was at the gym around 3 times. Second half of August I went 3 ( out of four) time per week and for they fourth time I either was canoing or wood working. This week I completed a full set of 4 sessions and I feel great.

Need for work on my grip strength as I have been neglecting that lately. I felt great so decided to up the ante and load some more for the DL ,dropped 240lbs DL after 5 reps, could not hold it due to grip. I'll just keep going by feeling while not focusing on upping the weight but time under tension and form.

Most the lifts have increase if only slightly. Rope jumping has become a staple after every workout and I like it.

Looking forward to the next week.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 34

This week is gonna be full of numbers, I will record my weight/reps in order to push during future workouts.

Chest/Biceps

Incline DB BP
15 x 14kg
4 sets of 12 with 18s

Flat DB BP
3 sets of 12 with 20s

Incline Flys
3 sets of 12 with 8s slow and controlled

Decline BB BP
Bar + 30 x 12 reps
3 sets of Bar + 40 , 12 reps each and 13 on the last one.

Warmup 4 plates on cable curls 15 reps.
Preacher curls with EZ bar
3 drop sets Bar + 15kg total 10 reps , drop to Bar + 5kg total 10 reps
These curls were insane and I pushed all the way through the pain barrier I was angry and pushed to the limit. Definitely worth it, get angry.

3 sets of cable crossover 12 reps, 4 plates, 5 and 5 plates.

8 minutes vigorous rope jumping.

Overall satisfied, Ill try to push chest with some more weight If only to end up at 9 reps, if the form is good I'll keep at it.