Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Challenge me ! blind_one's fitness project

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
# Log 3

3 x 12 reps pulldowns good controlled form 30, 40, 30 kg

Deadlifts

Bar + 20 x 12
Bar + 40 x 12 four sets were a blast ,
ill hang on to this weight for a while to get the necessary form and stretch down.

Barbell row 4 x 12, 20 kg, 25 and two last with 30kg.

Solid 4 sets of hyperextensions with 5 kg plate , 12 rp each.
In the last set I dropped the plate at 7,

3 sets of seated rows 12 reps each, went 8 , 9 , 10 plates. Had a blast , never did it with 10 before, I am loving this exercise.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
# Log 4

My Hamstrings were sore for the whole week after those Sunday Deadlifts. Wednesday swimming did not help as I pushed myself and did better then last week. Did shoulders/tricep on Friday which was good and they are operational again. Gonna hit hard tomorrow.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 5

Worked out under EFFORT Monday Saturday and Monday. Various streatches, rollouts and test lifts. Last and this Wednesday, swimming practice in the morning. Regenerated well, time to hit it again.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 6 Home workouts on Saturday and Monday, Wednesday swimming practice.

Sat did 4 sets of squats to near failure with an armchair overhead, slow and controlled both up and down. Then some single leg calf work on the stairs.

Mon, 4 Sets of push ups to failure supersetted with DB curls after that arm extensions.

Slept badly, gotta take it under control and get back do rampaging 4 x week.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 7

Friday was Back N dead lifts, Monday was Shoulders and Triceps and Wed swimming practice. Chest incomming this Friday.

Assisted pullups 7 plates 12 reps.

Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 12 reps 40 kg

Deadlift

bar +20kg x 12
4 sets of 12 reps , bar +40 kg ( form improved from last time, I was better at contracting my back and abs to form a more stable platform)

Barbell Row 12 reps with 25kg

3 x 12 with 30 kg

Seated machine rows
10 plates 11 reps
9 plates 11 reps
9 plates 10 reps

9 plates 7 reps, dropped to 6 and did 4 more reps

Hyper extension

4 sets of 12, 5kg plates

All is well, felt them muscles for a couple of days.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Seated Dumbbell shoulder press 18kg DBs
12, 12 ,12 ,11 reps

Upright rows 10 kg DBs

Front raise 15kg plate on first 2 sets, then 10kg ( strugling on last few reps, might drop it to 10 and to it slower with more time under tension )

Lateral raise 8kg DBs, pump some reps then do the 90 degree variation once I am at almost failure.
5+5, 6+8, 6+8,

Close grip bench press bar +20kg (somewhat unstable unsure if form was 100% or if I am using more chest as I get weaker )

Rope tricep pushdown 7 plates
12, 12 ,12

Ezbar skull crushers bar+ 5kg (shortbar) slow and controlled even though arms are shaking.

Muscle feedback was good after the 2nd workout as well.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 8

Did chest and biceps the day before Christmas break. Went to do pool practice on Wednesday both before and after New Years Eve. All those New Year Resolution people at the gym are making me sick ...
Fvcked around at home two days ago as I was feeling a little under the weather.

Superset #1
Pushups, Pullups, Squats with an Armchair x 3

Superset #2
3 Sets of Low Incline DB Flys + DB Reverse Lunges

Superset #3
3 Sets
of DB curls ( alterating with hammer curls ) + DB Tricep bent over extension.

Two days later I feel wrecked :) I am starting to get the hang of ''glute activation'' on squats.

Second week of January starts, lots of snow or not, I am going back to the gym and hitting it 4 times a week.

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Espi,

Squat is indeed the most complex exercise there is. Next time I am at it with the bar at the gym I'll film it from the angles you said. Would be glad to hear your, as well as others, feedback.

I am, or I believe I am doing the squat with slightly wider than shoulder width apart feet position with toes outward around 30 degrees. I also steer my vision towards the ground around 9 feet from the rack, I got that from EFFORT, he linked me Mike Rippetoe's tutorials which are very good from a theory standpoint.

Not worried about the weight, that much :p as it is really low but hey, I am not strong by any means and my quads are still one of my strong suits I believe. Top set is usually around 110 lbs plates and bar combined. I'm 6 ½ ' @around 176 lbs.

Last and foremost , thanks for the input !

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 9
Monday time ! I did not wake up with a stuffed nose today so I figured lets hit it. Was worth it.

1. Incline Dumbbell Press 18kg DBs 4 sets of 12
2. Dumbbell Press 18kg DB 12 reps, 12 , 10
3. Incline Flies 8kg DBs 12 reps, 14, 13
4. Decline Barbell Bench Press ( went lower this time but tried to go for more reps. )
bar + 30kg 14 reps, 12 , 11
5. Barbell Curls 20kg 3 sets - 12rp, 12rp, 11rp
6. Preacher Curls 10 reps then drop the weight and another 10 reps with juts the bar. 3 sets of Ezbar + 5kg 10+10, 10+10, 10+10 reps

I feel it went slightly better this time. Better form where I stayed at the weight or made it to desired reps for each set. Preacher curls were killer as always. Should see feed back on arms and chest by Wednesday.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 10
Felt my biceps on Tuesday morning already. Wednesday, pool practice in the morning. Getting better. 1/3 of the group was swapped for a new round of people. I am in this till March. Newcomer asked me If I had gills, since I was under water so much :rolleyes:. Guess I am not terrible after all. It is just that my performance pales in comparison to those ppl who are there training for Iron man.

Thursday Its leg time.
As the barbell rack was occupied at the beginning I decided to use the smith machine like @Espi suggested. Filmed myself. Feedback welcome !

Smith Machine Squat
Empty - 12 reps + 4 sets of 12 with 20kg load. Different stances same weight, brutal. Depth was okay I believe.
VIDEOS : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPkjHlyyvjwvgYp41O3R5Lwcdns38idfd
(
Next day dead lift small PR added as well, mediocre form tho)

Reverse Lunges 8kg dbs 10 reps per leg 3 sets total, last reps on the final set were killer.

Leg extension 3 sets of 12 with 31.5 kg, good form @lower then usual 40.5 weight

Leg Curl 3 sets with 49,5 kg
12rp, 12rp, 12 rp, last set challenging but still good.

Leg press slow and controlled 2 sets 10 rp with 103,5kg legs shaking on retraction, 12 rp@96.5kg, brutal finisher.

Calves on diagonal squat machine with 50kg load

4 sets of 12 reps. Heel positions : Straight, Inward, Outward, Straight.

Walking down the gym stairs afterwars was funny so I guess I did well :)

Friday,

Lat pulldown 40.5 kg 4 sets of 14 reps good form. I suppose I will up the weight after next two sessions and try to go for at least 10 solid reps per set.

The Deadlift

Bar + 20 kg x 12 reps
+ 40 kg x 12 reps
+ 50 kg x 12 reps ( on camera, form suffered in this set, but managed )
+ 40 kg x 12
Overall improvement, went ballz out which resulted in inability to complete weighted hyperextension ( did BW)

Bent over DB rows 14 Kg DBs 4 sets of 12. ( Last time I did it with a barbelll 25 + 3x30 kg, went a little down to finish up nicely with ....

Seated Cable Row with 9 plates 4 sets of 12
supersetted with Hyper extensions 4 sets of 12 with BW.

Hyper extensions were really challenging as I was pretty much done.

Today, (Saturday) I woke up absolutely wrecked in the back and legs :D.

Time to do Shoulder/Triceps.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Espi Thanks for your input, it means a lot !

Yeah I notice my back is a bit wobbly, perfection is what we strive for on the way to greatness. Will try your loading method starting next week, will be able to get 28kg so pretty close. Never did any other type of squat, except for Goblet Squats. Regarding going ass-to-grass I do not think I can manage that,at least never really tried, yet with smith machine I could try as it will take the forward-backward balance out of the equation.
I will keep reporting .

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 11

Went to the gym on Saturday and IT WAS CLOSED ALREADY :down: after 8 PM fml. Went home and fvckd around with DBs for shoulders and triceps, presses, raises and extensions.

Sunday went swimming.

Monday.
1. Incline Dumbbell Press 18kg DBs 4 sets of 12
2. Dumbbell Press 20kg DB 12 reps, 12 , 10
3. Incline Flies 8kg DBs 3x12
4. Decline Barbell Bench Press
bar + 30kg
14 reps, 14 , 12, 10
5. Barbell Curls 20kg 3 sets - 12rp, 12rp, 6rp + 6 with 15kg
6. Preacher Curls 10 reps then drop the weight and another 10 reps with juts the bar. 4 sets of Ezbar + 5kg, 10+10 reps

Starting today my local gym is 24/7 :up::up::up:

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 12

Wednesday went swimming in the morning.

Thursday

Smith Machine Squat (3rd and 4th set additional load as instructed )

Empty - 12 reps
+20kg - 12 reps x 2
+27.5 kg - 10 reps x 2 ( went better than expected, took a 1 second break before the 10th rep on each set) . Gonna film myself next week.

Reverse Lunges 8kg dbs 10 reps per leg 3 sets total form improved and only on the final reps of final set I was somewhat struggling

Leg press 93.5kg 4 sets of 12 went well, upping it next week.

Leg extension 4 sets of 12 with 40.5 kg,
good explosiveness, during rests in that exercise I felt shivers in my entire body like something snapped in me, beast mode activated.

Leg Curl 4 sets with 49,5 kg
12 reps,
way easier then last week

Calves on diagonal squat machine with 50kg load

4 sets of (12)
went for 13/14 if possible reps. Heel positions : Straight, Inward, Outward, Straight.

If
feedback is not ideal on calves I am gonna do 10s holds at lower weight and see how it goes, had good success with that.

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lat pulldown 40.5 kg + 5 on the knob 4 sets of 14 reps ( putting another plate next week without the knob turn, aiming for at least 10 per set )
The Deadlift

Bar + 20 kg x 12 reps
+ 40 kg x 12 reps
+ 50 kg x 12 reps
+ 50 kg x 12
+ 50 kg x 12 ( went slow both up and down )
AWESOME !

Bent over barbell row 25kg
4 sets of 12 nothing special ( going for 14 each next time )

Seated Cable Row with 9 plates 4 sets supersetted with Hyperextensions
12 reps + 12 with 5kg plate
12 reps + 12 with 5kg plate
12 reps + 11 with 5kg plate last one BW
12 reps + 9 with 5kg plate last 3 with BW

I am happy with the improvements Ill try to increase the volume bi-weekly where possible. Deadlift is exploding and I am not at the limit yet.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 14

Sunday

Seated Dumbbell shoulder press 18kg DBs
12, 12 ,12 ,12 reps

Upright rows no smith machine, no additional weight

Front raise 10kg plate

Lateral raise 6kg DBs, pump some reps then do the 90 degree variation.
10+12, 12+12, 12+12,

Close grip bench press bar +15kg How Am I doing form-wise ?

Rope tricep pushdown 35kg
14, 14 ,12

Ezbar skull crushers bar+ 5kg (shortbar)

Monday

1. Incline Dumbbell Press 18kg DBs 10kg dbs warm up 12 reps
18kg
4 sets of 13
2. Dumbbell Press 18kg DB 12,13,15
3. Incline Flies 8kg DBs 3x12
4. Decline Barbell Bench Press
bar + 30kg
14,15 ,12, 12
5. Barbell Curls 20kg 3 sets - 12,12,12
6. Preacher Curls 10 reps then drop the weight and another 10 reps with juts the bar.
sets of Ezbar + 5kg, 10+10 reps

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 15

Completed last week with Leg day + Back n Deadlift Day and swimming practice.

Skipped Triceps and shoulders on Saturday as I have been chopping a fckload of wood for several hours friday night. We had a blast with a campfire in the forest.

Not posting exact numbers as this last couple days were hectic.

Last edited:

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 17
Tuesday I crammed 2 workouts 3 & 4 together. Back + Deadlift and Shoulder Triceps.
Wednesday, pool in the morning.

Still have 2 more pool passes from the company, in March new group is starting so I will have more time for the gym. Might incorporate some swimming elsewhere since my sports card covers it.

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 18,

Fck around sadly, did 5/8 workouts for the past 2 weeks so not bad, and attended the swimming pool.

Packing two workouts into one gym session does not work good for me even if there are no muscle conflicts. I need to visit more frequently, that way I am more consistent.

Started to put less stress on the numbers ( weight/sets/ ) as for reps I go for higher count and better form. Time under tension is my focus. I do not see myself anytime soon raising weight at this point, since I can always slow down some exercises to put more load on the muscles.

Going back to a 4split this starting tomorrow :)

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
#Log 19,

Did three sessions this week instead of 3 and a pool practice.

For the legs the focus is on slow controlled form as well as the back.
Added some weight to the deadlift.
Bar + 20 x 12
Bar + 40 x 12
Bar + 40 x 12
Bar + 50 x 12
Bar + 50 x 12

So that totals at 70kg, I will have to work on my grip sooner rather than later with something along the lines of Captain of Crush grippers and/or use magnesium.

I did legs on Saturday, it is now Tuesday. I can still feel my calves :D finally.