Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cell phone etiquette

henrymiller50

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you feel about your wife or girlfriends cell phone behavior in general? I'm not talking about worrying about shady things, just general behavior.

For example, do you have boundaries? Are there acceptable/unacceptable behaviors for you? Things you tolerate or won't tolerate?

For example, when my GF were first dating, she would put her cell phone away when we were together. She'd either put it in another room or in a drawer in the kitchen. It was out of site and out of mind. I loved that.

She would check it a few times a night and use it if needed, but that was it. After a few months, when she got real comfortable with me she started leaving it out near her when we were sitting around. She's also have it on the table if we were playing cards or something and text friends back as they texted. It was really intrusive and I didn't like it. Her cell checking and texing and its constant visibility was too much for me.

Finally, I told her that we need boundaries and guidelines for cell etiquette. I told her I didn't want our relationship to be her, me, and her cell. I said if you are waiting for a doctor to call, you can lay it next to you. Otherwise, put it away, put in in another room and only check/use if there is an urgent situation or important message that needed to be return. I don't care where you have it when I'm not home, tape it to your cheek for all I care, but when we are spending time together and hanging out, put it away. She has followed those guidelines for the most part and it's been great.

Would love to hear your thoughts on that issue for you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iron Rule of Tomassi #1

Frame is everything. Always be aware of the subconscious balance of who’s frame in which you are operating. Always control the Frame, but resist giving the impression that you are.

Men must enforce this iron rule. I believe that the cell phones are to be on silent when I am together with a woman. I have not lived with any of my girlfriends. In this arrangement, I believe that any of my girlfriends have plenty of time to look at their cell phones when they are in their own living spaces away from me.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Enforced strict policy of minimal to no usage especially at my place. If you worth your salt and keep her stimuli sexually engaged then she will put the phone away by default.
If she is not feeling you by a slight then she will tap away. Now you got a stone in your shoe.
The most purest and euphoric ltr/fwb relationships I have ever experienced were when we got trapped in the pockets of sex clouds and we lost our phones in my flat or her battery died. They didn’t even bother to reach for it.

All women who come to you or are in your vicinity in ur sphere of influence will feel empowered to explore their femininity They shall have ur protection and all of ur strengths - physical, mental and spiritual.
You treat them all the same, with masculine respect through ur leadership. They have freedom through you. The least of her worries should be their phone.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just assert your boundaries.

I never allowed phones at the dinner table, both at home and in restaurants. I don't take out my phone either. Especially during a social event like having dinner together, you should take time to communicate with each other and phones are a distraction to the deeper discussions. If a phone is on the table, even face down, part of the attention will go there even if it doesn't send notifications.