Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Career/work issues

B

BlueAlpha1

So you don't want to work a 40 hour workweek? Or work at all?
I would prefer to work for myself, but I have no product or service to offer. So the best alternative is to work for a company that allows me to work from home or remotely (even better). Provide me the leads, give me my metrics and leave me alone. If I don't produce or sell with integrity, fire me.

The problem isn't the 40 hour workweek. I don't want to sit around and do nothing. I want to work, but I want to...

A. Have purpose and freedom of movement in my work

B. Most of all, escape the rat race that is the long commutes, the now female-dominated corporate world, the drudgery of an office with flourescent lights, and the FAKE cheerful attitudes with the occasional truthful yet depressing zinger about thanking god that it's friday, because these people all hate their lives 5 days a week.

The corporate world is FAKER than even some guys on this forum, and that's really saying something. I'm just having a hard time faking it nowadays, maybe because the 9-5 life did nothing for the men in my family. My grandfather worked for one company 40 years and is now living paycheck to paycheck at 86 as a miserable, cheap old man. My father worked 40 years for one company and died at 56 with nothing to show for it. Men forsake their dreams and then die just for this???

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I would prefer to work for myself, but I have no product or service to offer. So the best alternative is to work for a company that allows me to work from home or remotely (even better). Provide me the leads, give me my metrics and leave me alone. If I don't produce or sell with integrity, fire me.

The problem isn't the 40 hour workweek. I don't want to sit around and do nothing. I want to work, but I want to...

A. Have purpose and freedom of movement in my work

B. Most of all, escape the rat race that is the long commutes, the now female-dominated corporate world, the drudgery of an office with flourescent lights, and the FAKE cheerful attitudes with the occasional truthful yet depressing zinger about thanking god that it's friday, because these people all hate their lives 5 days a week.

The corporate world is FAKER than even some guys on this forum, and that's really saying something. I'm just having a hard time faking it nowadays, maybe because the 9-5 life did nothing for the men in my family. My grandfather worked for one company 40 years and is now living paycheck to paycheck at 86 as a miserable, cheap old man. My father worked 40 years for one company and died at 56 with nothing to show for it. Men forsake their dreams and then die just for this???
Unless you do that Uber shyt and get to drive around. Don't know where you'd really go doing that. If you can't stand being in an office you could try trucking. Neither I'd personally be interested in. If you want to work from home look for jobs online that let you work from home. Be careful of scam "jobs" though.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score

Well Bro, let's break this down....

I'm 27 years old and have about $30,000 in cash saved up right now. However I have student loans near the same amount that I pay on every month, a credit card bill, and a hefty rent payment.
You are actually doing BETTER than you think you are.

- According to this study, the average 27-year-old has a negative net worth of over $10,000: http://thecollegeinvestor.com/14611/average-net-worth-millennials/

- According to this study, people around your age group have less than $1,000 in savings: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/23/here...-millennial-has-in-their-savings-account.html

I have a useless liberal arts degree and have cycled through a half dozen jobs in the last 5 years, mostly in wireless phone sales.
My recommendation before was to continue to operate in some sort of Sales position, maybe IT or Telecom sales position. Find one in a low/average cost of living area, that as a Rep pays out let's say $35k - $50k a year. Then continue to grow, bust your a.ss, and look for next level Telecom/IT Sales related positions (including management positions) that will pay out $60k plus per year.

You MIGHT be able to start applying for some of the $60k plus per year Telecom/IT Sales related positions right NOW, as I believe you have 3 - 5 years in Telecom sales already, correct? In terms of your degree, for this field, you just need a bachelor's degree in general, which you already have.

The first two of those jobs were great, but the latter two were just dreadful. That has really become a terrible industry, even worse than the airlines.
Bro, every industry svcks lol. You are just going to have to accept this.

I actually love travel and helping people with it, but there is very little fun here because of antiquated systems, but worst of all the working environment. The office politics is through the roof. It's an office building FILLED with fake smiles from fake people, beta males, mostly female management, and 400 pound feminists who insist on speaking politics and religion at work.
Today there was a half dozen of them bantering incoherently about Valentines Day, and all I could do was bite my tongue. The dominant narrative among Human Resources is in line with that of the 400 pound feminist, not me. When you gather a bunch of these disgusting pigs in one place and they are 75% of the roster, they feel comfortable speaking without a filter as long as the audience is mostly females. And the entitlement even among the lowest caliber of women is making me fvcking hate women, especially those under 30. Couple that with 90 minutes of rush hour traffic per day (45 each way) is driving me goddamn insane. I haven't exceeded one year at a job since January 2015.
Bro....so what lol?? You are just going to have to accept that most industries and companies operate like this. Your job is to show up and make the company MONEY, which in turn makes YOU money, so you can then go out and live where you want, drive what you want, wear what you want, eat what you want, etc.

I'm a capitalist, but the very nature of capitalism is corruption and lack of ethics lol. For ME to sit over here making 6 figures, there has to be a group of people underneath me making less than that, and a group of people underneath THEM making less than the group above them are making.

That's how the shyt works. There's no morality, this is business.

I would prefer to work for myself, but I have no product or service to offer.
Bro, do you really think working for yourself is LESS stressful?

Listen, you know I'm in Commercial Finance Sales, but until recently, I technically operated my own business for 10 years. That wasn't less stressful, it was MORE stressful, because everything fell on YOU. You have to create the products/services for the market, you had to identify the market, you had to raise capital, you had to deal with Accountants, you had to deal with lawsuits/legal issues, you had to keep up on regulations, YOU, YOU, YOU.

And understand you could do all of these things and STILL NOT GET PAID lol. You could not be profitable, which means you didn't technically earn shyt, you just did a bunch of "work" for NOTHING.

Which is why I laugh at the "minimum wage" debates, because I would love to know what fvcking minimum wage do entrepreneurs and small business owners (which represents millions of people in the US) get :confused:?

So the best alternative is to work for a company that allows me to work from home or remotely (even better).
No.

- Your experience is in SALES, you have 3 to 5 years in it.

- Pick a field of sales that is growing, in demand, and when products/services are sold it allows you to make a good living. That should be IT sales, Financial Services sales, Telecom sales to an extent, etc.

- Seek out positions at this point (because you have 3 to 5 years experience and a degree) that has a base with commission plan. Seek out positions that will pay at least $35k - $50k per year in a low/average cost of living area.

- KICK A.SS in that position for the next 2 years. Then seek out Sales related positions paying $60k plus that are still in good cost of living areas.

- PLAY the office politics, smile, kiss a.ss, and do your damn job which is to make the company money. FVCK trying to use this as some "meaningful purpose", let that "meaningful purpose" come from something you do OUTSIDE of work. Such as start a non profit, volunteer in homeless shelters, WRITE a book, etc., etc.

- OPEN a side business and make sure to do the recommended investment strategies I lined out in other threads about using Index Funds, etc.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to work it's all about your team. Some places I walk through the door and I'm a god. Other places they throw tomatoes at me. I always notice the professional people I get along with best, and people that suck try to make other people look bad to cover for their bunk.

Move on man, you can't win this one

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP.

I could really use a little motivation right now guys. My career is the area that is getting the majority of my attention, not women. Reason being I can't get behind a career and stay there.

I'm 27 years old and have about $30,000 in cash saved up right now. However I have student loans near the same amount that I pay on every month, a credit card bill, and a hefty rent payment. I do not want to quit and dip too far into that savings because of those debts and obligations, however it does afford me the freedom to walk away from anything that gets REALLY bad. I apologize as you have all heard this from me before, but it seems everybody has this one issue with which they repeat themselves on this forum. @Tenacity can't find his unicorn, and I can't find meaningful work.

I have a useless liberal arts degree and have cycled through a half dozen jobs in the last 5 years, mostly in wireless phone sales. The first two of those jobs were great, but the latter two were just dreadful. That has really become a terrible industry, even worse than the airlines. I also went over a year without working during that time which I did a lot of traveling and really enjoyed myself. I felt purpose and masculine energy every single day I was on the road.

But currently I work in an 8 story office that does all kinds of sales and I'm in the travel department. I actually love travel and helping people with it, but there is very little fun here because of antiquated systems, but worst of all the working environment. The office politics is through the roof. It's an office building FILLED with fake smiles from fake people, beta males, mostly female management, and 400 pound feminists who insist on speaking politics and religion at work.

Today there was a half dozen of them bantering incoherently about Valentines Day, and all I could do was bite my tongue. The dominant narrative among Human Resources is in line with that of the 400 pound feminist, not me. When you gather a bunch of these disgusting pigs in one place and they are 75% of the roster, they feel comfortable speaking without a filter as long as the audience is mostly females. And the entitlement even among the lowest caliber of women is making me fvcking hate women, especially those under 30. Couple that with 90 minutes of rush hour traffic per day (45 each way) is driving me goddamn insane. I haven't exceeded one year at a job since January 2015.

I'm sick of water cooler talk. I'm sick of 5 pm traffic. I'm sick of misandry and fake personalities in the work force. I'm sick of "wake me up when it's Friday" BECAUSE LIFE SHOULDN'T ONLY BE GOOD 2 DAYS A WEEK. And I'm sick of rushed 30 minute lunches. All I want to do is travel the world the next 10 years and make money remotely while working for myself, but I see no pathway forward.

@9Volt your input is appreciated also
I can't speak on your current job, but I do know this - you need to get a job and work it, pay off your debt, and start accumulating money. Then start buying things that go up in value. When you have no money, you have no options.

I have not found my passion yet either, but for now, I've replace that with becoming 'free'. Whatever I have to do to do that, I will do. That means paying off a car and accumulating 6 months of expenses in the bank. After that, I plan on taking a hard look at my housing situation - if values are still up, I may try to sell it, buy something cheaper along with a rental property of some sort. If they aren't, I'd stay in it for the time being and keep working.

That's all the plan I got.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You THINK you are living cheap and saving money now. Drop on over to Mr, money mustache blog and see what crazy saving is. You may think he's batsh1t crazy, but he also retired at 35 and just does some small construction projects if/when he feels like it. A level of freedom I wish I had....

SuckItUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The key is getting a plan and understanding how to move up in your industry.

For example in telecom sales you probably want to get a six sigma designation. Look to try to get all relevant certifications. Try to show value to a person whose position you would like to have and be willing to learn from them.