Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Carbs

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My most favourite meal right now is a double sided risotto with panna and vegetables + a chicken fillet + yellow cheese. It tastes good and it keeps me going for quite a good amount of hours. Do you guys think this is a healthy and balanced meal?

Alexander Thomas

Reaction score
There are basically two types of Carbs which we find:-
1. Good carbs.
2. Bad carbs.
Good carbs are:
  • Devoid of refined sugars and refined grains. In America, refined sugars like corn syrup now make up more than 20% of the calories we eat each day. That’s a big problem because our human bodies evolved over centuries and centuries to metabolize unrefined carbohydrates. We’re equipped to handle corn. We’re clueless about high fructose corn syrup. Daily tsunamis of sugar in our bloodstream are directly linked to our current epidemics of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
  • High in naturally occurring fiber, which helps lower not only blood sugar and insulin levels but also LDL bad cholesterol. Fiber-rich foods also help you fill up on fewer calories so that you can lose weight more easily. A high-fiber diet also helps prevent constipation, hemorrhoids, and certain cancers. Americans average just 12 to 15 grams of fiber a day. Nutrition experts say we ought to be getting at least 35 to 50 fiber grams daily.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the above post. The one exception is that if you are doing truly high-intensity cardio, which is very rare and typically found only in competitive athletes, then it doesn't matter what kind of carbs you eat, especially if they are 4-6 hours post-workout.

Gatorade is a good example. It was invented for athletes pushing themselves to the point of exertion. At that activity level, the sugar in it doesn't matter. But for a typical person who is not an athlete, that sugar is just going to make you fat. The brand is a success by making fat people think they are athletes because they drink Gatorade, even though it really just makes them fatter.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I don't get the whole deal with carbs as long as you are using them. Shoot, if you are gonna go running for an hour or so, eating pure glucose or concentrating it in high amounts in water or even injecting that **** directly into your blood stream is perfectly fine so long as you use the energy. Although, if you actually DO any of the examples above, I'd recommend some intense sprinting type exercises with little rest in between just because the sugar high will be much higher and the crash will be much lower; you'd have to use up the energy faster.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but noone is answering my question about this specific meal I asked about :p

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
panna I'm assuming is some kind of bacon. If so be careful that it is naturally smoked. The reason processed meats r carcinogenic is they are full of nitrites and nitrates used as preservatives.

The only thing is the meal sounds high in animal fats which can raise bad cholesterol. Now at your age that probably doesn't matter. There are other foods that naturally lower bad cholesterol. As a good long-term habit I just suggest adding oats red cabbage and pomegranate juice and dates to your diet. It will keep your heart and pecker healthy. Which you probably don't care about now but listen to an old dog - you will

If the risotto was made with white rice you're probably also a bit low in fibre on this meal.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and the number one food I know of for good gut health is kefir. It's been studied and it is by far the best probiotic. And latest research is showing that the gut has profound effects on overall health

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and the number one food I know of for good gut health is kefir. It's been studied and it is by far the best probiotic. And latest research is showing that the gut has profound effects on overall health
Sick, I just picked up another jug of Lifeway unsweetened kefir yesterday. Only problem is the price. Like $4 for a liter. Good news is, I had 2 $0.75 cents off coupons.

I'm sold on the benefits. Is it really number one though?

I've heard all fermented foods in general are good.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Michael Mosley looked at it on his show. All fermented foods like kimchi were good but kefir was number one by far.