Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you bulk as a vegetarian?

violent

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i dont really give a f*ck what people choose to eat, but I agree that humans evolved to eat meat and other things that they could get by being hunters/gatherers. People who dont eat meat are denying themself many essential nutrients, but if they feel better for not eating animals let them do it. Maybe some day they will realize their ignorance, but it is not up to us to force our views apon them.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies:
Unfortunately I'm not a doctor and only make my deductions based on the behaviour of other people.

Dr's arent the only people who are knowledgeable about anatomy, physiology, nutrition and exercise. Actually, most dr's dont know much about exercise physiology and nutrition. Ive seen plenty of obese dr's.

Your medical information is right (how long do you spend looking it up?)

I feel most of the things ive posted are pretty much common sense if you sit down and think about it. Ive been around this health & fitness game for almost 10 years.

But many vegetarians are healthier than meat-eaters,

I disagree. There are a lot more meat eaters in this world than vegetarians. Lets say there are 400 million(?) people in the US. Out of those 400 million, 100 million are various kinds of vegetarians and 300 million eat meat. Out of that 300 million, 200 million are eating 'the typical American diet'(lots of fast food, saturated fat etc). The left over 100 million of the meat eaters are eating a healthy flesh eating diet.

and I don't see the point of telling them what to eat and what not you eat. Your first post indicated that vegetarians are wrong for not eating meat.

I was merely trying to make a logical debate. I realize there are many ways to eat healthy. Even if you dont eat meat.

My great grandfather was a vegetarian, and he was healthy and strong. Was a vegan at birth (buddhist beliefs), fought in 2 civil wars, survived a famine the 1960s during the C Revolution, and took daily jogs for 5 miles at the age of 80, ate more than I do at his age, and died at 95.

Congrats, you have great genes.

Not all vegetarians are sickly and skinny little shrimps. Just like not all meat-eaters are fat sh!ts that sit on their arse in front of the TV.

This is true.

------------------
"Fear is for...getting your confidence." -STEVEN HELLER, PhD

"Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious!" - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But out of those vegetarians, not all of them are eating a meat-based diet.

I don't think being a vegan is good if you want to work out (or become a wrestler), but if you are, for example, some guy who is skinny whether he eats meat or vegetables, then its probably better to be a vegetarian.

Not everyone works out, and fewer do it properly. Look at the entire population of meat eaters - the majority eat the unhealthy junk, so for the majority, it would be healthier to eat vegetables rather than meat.

Also, doesn't beans give you some iron in it? A lot of monks in Northern China tend to be vegetarians, and for them, beans are a solid diet requirement.

Pimp For A Living

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are we still discussing this?

LOL.

------------------
Pimp For A Living
"Pimpin' them hoes since God only knows..."

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp For A Living:
Are we still discussing this?

No.

------------------
"Ben Affleck is not a homosexual; he just plays one in the bathhouse."

Drifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL.... you know all these vegetarians that are like "dont eat that, it was once an animal, it died for you!"

Starve them for like a month, then lock them in a room with a gun and a cow.

Either you kill the cow and cook it, or you die.

Bet your ass they'll change their tune,

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies:
But out of those vegetarians, not all of them are eating a meat-based diet.

And not all of them are healthy.

but if you are, for example, some guy who is skinny whether he eats meat or vegetables, then its probably better to be a vegetarian.

I think it would be better to study nutrition and learn about the things one puts in their body.

Look at the entire population of meat eaters - the majority eat the unhealthy junk, so for the majority, it would be healthier to eat vegetables rather than meat.

Ok, but the majority of people are idoits. These same idoits who call themselves vegetarians do not eat entirely veggies. Theyll eat cookies and chips all day. Whats more nurishing: a steak or cookies? Or theyll eat a ton of cheese everyday. Whats better for your body: a 3oz steak or 3oz's of cheese?

Refined carbs are not good for you! Unless you want to be a fat diabetic.

Also, doesn't beans give you some iron in it?

Yes, but the iron in veggies has very poor bioavailibity compared to the iron in meat. So youre not absorbing as much as listed on the nutrition label with veggies. Same with calcium.

Any time you remove any kind food (meat in this discussion) from your diet you have to work that much harder in order to not be deficient in nutrients.

------------------

"Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious!" - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drifter:

Bet your ass they'll change their tune,
Bet your ass they eat it raw

------------------

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When are you guys going to realize you can't argue science with Viroid ?

Unless you have a science library at your disposal. You're going to lose.

Vegetarianism is unmanly.

Why? The Veggie diet robs your body of testosterone.. that which makes us men.

Why the fukk do you think male veggies are so damn docile??

Also, to any man who used to eat meat and was converted to a life of veggie burgers and Tofurkey (what the mother fukk??) by some girl. SHAME ON YOU. GROW A FUKKIN PAIR AND ASSERT YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO BE A FUKKIN RED-MEAT EATING TESTOSTERONE PUMPING NEANDERTHAL !!!

D

p.s. I have the sneaking suspicion that most girls think male veggies are kind of wussed-out.

Even those dumb-a$$ hippie freaks repress their basic primal urge to get their brains fukked out by a REAL MAN to hang out with those veggie male eunuchs. They turn eventually, and the ones that become nasty middle aged hippie freaks are repressed lesbians anyway. Trust me on this one, guys.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL:
The Veggie diet robs your body of testosterone.. that which makes us men.

Great point, Diesel. I believe I read a study on this too. Ill try to find it.

Its probably because a lot of vegetarians are going to be deficient in some nutrients without even knowing it. It happens very easily when you remove an entire category of nutrient dense food from your diet. Even if youre deficient in one vitamin or mineral it can throw your whole endocrine system out of whack.

Also, to any man who used to eat meat and was converted to a life of veggie burgers and Tofurkey (what the mother fukk??) by some girl. SHAME ON YOU. GROW A FUKKIN PAIR AND ASSERT YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO BE A FUKKIN RED-MEAT EATING TESTOSTERONE PUMPING NEANDERTHAL !!!

They might as well have eyes on the sides of their heads just waiting to be eaten like the rest of the prey in this world.

p.s. I have the sneaking suspicion that most girls think male veggies are kind of wussed-out.

Yep, I think its a subconscious thing. In caveman days the women would go collect the veggies while the MEN would go kill a wild animal. Would a women rather fukk a leaf eater or a FLESH eater.

------------------

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here are some more observations of many vegetarians I've encountered.

1. They are not in shape. Many of them are overweight.

Why? just because they don't eat meat, doesn't mean they don't stuff themselves with twinkies, chocolate, (carob - if you're a psycho vegan) and other refined carb rich foods.

2. Perhaps the biggiest hypocrisy of it all.

THEY SMOKE!! (probably to satisfy their subconcious craving for meat. LOL)

How full of shyt can you be?

just my experience,
-s

p.s. BTW I worked at a natural foods co-op for almost 2 years.. so I've met my fair share of veggies, vegans, and other assorted lefty, hippie wackos.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
About the weight thing, I asked a vegan co-worker of mine what he liked to eat, and said "Carrots, beets, potatoes, rasins...", which is basically "sugar, sugar, sugar" (as you will know, if it grows underground or a dried fruit, its sugar)

Granted he lost weight when he went vegan, which Im sure was a motivator. But he still had the big "beer" gut and still portly, which Im sure was from all the sugar hes still downing.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My brothers girlfriend is a vegetarian and she is one of the hottest girls I've ever seen. All the vegiterian girls i've run into (about 7), I've only found one that wasn't the least bit attractive.

Of course if you are a vegetarian and you eat a bunch of junk food that is obviously unhealthy, but its the same for people who eat meat.

.Drow

------------------
You are what you make your self.

learningtopimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The health issues of being vegetarian are up for debate, but you can find a good amount of fat vegetarians. My grandmother for instance, because she was veg. and she put so much oil in all the food.

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what the fvck is the matter with you?
there is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian! I am i aint a hippie......and actually girls are seroiusly impresses when you tell them youre a vegetarian they think it rocks
so FUKK YOU!

------------------
Smoke it all up jonny!

bodybuildin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know how I could be a bodybuilder without eating red meat, or taking any dairy products...

that means no whey, casein, meat!!!!!!!

so what... I'm gonna drink soy protein shakes and eat tofu all day? that is really gonna help my physique, I will look like **** with my ***** tits (soy isoflavones!!!!!!!!)

bottom line, EAT MEAT

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that sposed to impress people? "i'm a bodybuilder"
dont know about anybody else but it dont me....
If you eat meat you eat meat....if you dont you dont
Whatever floats your boat.I personally find being a vegetarian benefits me...maybe not other people....and btw...protein comes in other sources apart from meat..cheese,bread,milk etc.

------------------
Smoke it all up jonny!

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by a denial:
and actually girls are seroiusly impresses when you tell them youre a vegetarian they think it rocks

Women will also tell you they think it rocks if youre a "nice guy." Get it?

If you were a vegetarian in caveman times your genes would NOT be passed on. I believe women, subconsciously, know this and immediately put you into the WUSS category when you tell them youre a vegetarian.

------------------

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cave man times? wtf?....
Being a vegetarian works for me...maybe not for you,i'm a veggie because i dont like the texture of meat....tastes like crap to me
and dude...we dont live in cavetimes or has that escaped your notice...you still drag women off to your cave by their hair?

------------------
Smoke it all up jonny!