Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bulking and Alcohol. A Contradiction? I think so.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Preach it, brutha

Best way to get best of both worlds. Go out and have a few saturday night as a reward for busting your ass.

Then make sure you get plenty of rest and plenty of food in your system on Sunday.
If you want to make significant physique changes then even once a week getting drunk will hold you back. Party all you want (but not too late) and don't touch alcohol on a regular basis. Pure and simple.

Can you make the sacrifice, as a 16-20 year old? No, and that's why you wouldn't tell most 16-20 year old 'lifters' actually worked out..

I'm not anti-party. If you want to, go for it. But don't expect significant gains either.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got no problem. I've never been drunk, and in the rare case that I'm breaking the law and having a few drinks, it's usually what people call "b*tch beer". Like Mike's Hard Lemonade type stuff. I think it's been almost a year since I've had much to drink...

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the **** is a great body for if you are some douche bag who doesnt drink, doesnt go out, doesnt experience waking up next to a fat chick?

There are plenty of things that can hurt your gains, trying to avoid all of them is idiotic.

Here is how I see it: some of us are genetically gifted and some are not. I am 175lbs. I used to be 140. I want to be 200 but would really have to bust my ass to get there and stay there. I would be satisfied with 180 8%.

So here is my plan:

5 drinks or fewer a week.
Eating as much protein as I can, when I can.
Sleeping 6-8 hrs a night.
Screw supplements I eat Vit C and Multivitamin. (plus whey)
Fast food is ok once in awhile, just try to eat chicken sandwiches.
Avoid Pop - unless u have a drink with it once in awhile.
Smoke weed once 1-2 months.

By the way, I am friends with 2 strong man competitors, one, and i quote:

"When im training, I try to limit myself 5 drinks a week. When off season, i drink daily". This guy does overhead push of 350lbs and flips cars.

Another one drinks a lot too.

Dont fukk up your youth just to chase some hardly attainable goal. Trust me having 5 drinks a week will not mess you up if your diet is ok and you lift hard.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
What the **** is a great body for if you are some douche bag who doesnt drink, doesnt go out, doesnt experience waking up next to a fat chick?
Exactly.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well...guess it depends on what you call fun. 5 drinks/week and waking up next to fat chicks is NOT part of my idea of fun...

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
I've got no problem. I've never been drunk, and in the rare case that I'm breaking the law and having a few drinks, it's usually what people call "b*tch beer". Like Mike's Hard Lemonade type stuff. I think it's been almost a year since I've had much to drink...
That makes it better? That's the extra sugary crap. At least drink light beer.

Hell just have 2 or 3 shots of vodka and call it a night. That should be the least amount of calories.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:

WHY CAN'T YOU GO OUT AND NOT DRINK? What is wrong with your personality that you need alcohol to have a good time? It lowers your inhibitions? How about get some real self confidence so you don't need your inhibitions lowered?

As you get older drinking starts to seem like more and more of a waste of time.

Good luck with the russian roulette of STDs with the fat chicks.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just take it from me. You can have an eye-catching, head-turning body.. or you can settle for being 'okay' and drinking. Your choice!

*my last post on the subject.. some of you guys need to wake up and smell the coffee*

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
WHY CAN'T YOU GO OUT AND NOT DRINK? What is wrong with your personality that you need alcohol to have a good time? It lowers your inhibitions? How about get some real self confidence so you don't need your inhibitions lowered?

As you get older drinking starts to seem like more and more of a waste of time.

Good luck with the russian roulette of STDs with the fat chicks.
this is mr. r telling you the way it is. listen to him or grow old before your time learning the hard way...

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Oxide. And yes, I have waken up next to a questionable. Best head ever, though.

Mr. Ruckus, who says that everyone who drinks does it for self-confidence?

I'm a binge drinker and I love it. Sure, the hangovers suck, but that's just part of the lifestyle. If getting plastered made you feel like roses in the morning then everybody would do it.

Then again, if you guys were 21 year old college students in Tallahassee, FL, you'd probably be doing the same thing.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEs said:
I'm a binge drinker and I love it. Sure, the hangovers suck, but that's just part of the lifestyle. If getting plastered made you feel like roses in the morning then everybody would do it.

Then again, if you guys were 21 year old college students in Tallahassee, FL, you'd probably be doing the same thing.
Exactly - it's part of the lifestyle. I'm not knocking that and if this your choice of lifestyle then more power to you! Nothing against that.

I'm just saying that building, maintaining and improving on an eyecatching above-average physique with average genetics is also a lifestyle. And you really can't have one or the other.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, then I must ask - who gives a **** if you have a super awesome physique? Lets get real - you are not posing for Men's Health, and probably will not be unless you put in some real long hours AND have great genetics. I am above average physique, and so are many other people who work out 2-3 times a week and drink limited amounts.

I told you already that at one point I havent drank for a year. I can do everything you can do sober or drunk. Twice as well as you.

once again - stop hanging up on chasing some unnatainable goal of being mr olympia and missing the fun times while your body is designed to cure itself the quickest. I would surely hate to be 30 , when realizing i still only got barely above average phsysique after all the lifting, and suffering major hangovers because Im not 18 anymore.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
Well, then I must ask - who gives a **** if you have a super awesome physique? Lets get real - you are not posing for Men's Health, and probably will not be unless you put in some real long hours AND have great genetics. I am above average physique, and so are many other people who work out 2-3 times a week and drink limited amounts.
you're calling Men's Health model bodies awesome? LOL.

oh well, to each their own. if you're happy I'm happy. :)

I do agree that life's too short to miss out on what you consider enjoyment though. if you're satisfied with your progress I'm not one to argue. life's too short for THAT. ;)

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can have fun in any college town w/o consuming (tremendous amounts of) alcohol. I'd rather feed it to the ladies and keep my wits (mostly) about me, but whatever does it for ya.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEs said:
Mr. Ruckus, who says that everyone who drinks does it for self-confidence?

How the hell should i know? I surely didn't.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
How about get some real self confidence so you don't need your inhibitions lowered?

Maybe I misread the sentence, but it seems that is what you're implying.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question : Is it the actual alcohol itself that hurts the gains? or we just talking beer, and its empty calories? Like would a couple mixed drinks do a lot less damage than a couple beers?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing its both the empty calories AND the actual alcohol, since it screws up your system, causes dehydration etc.