Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bruce Lee

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to include Bruce Lee (November 27, 1940 - July 20, 1973) in my philosopher series, yet as you all know... he's associated more for his martial artist renown reputation and recognition on the silver screen. I do think he's worth discussing about with some of his thoughts here.

I believe it's no mistake that PK's avatar and personal quote in sig/profile was Bruce Lee. The actor and martial artist was a legend last century. He wasn't just simply a master martial artist in his short lifetime, for he had an interesting life and philosophy off-screen.

I've been fascinated lately with some of the things he said about character and personal conduct. So much of his philosophy I believe parallels the thinking of a Don Juan. I aspire to be more like him in a sense in terms of body build, endurance, vitality, and overall relaxed state of mind. He wasn't perfect, and even identified with atheism (to which I depart in relating) yet I still feel he developed a valid and captivating secular philosophy based off his learning of Taoism, Jiddu Krishnamurti, and Buddhism that we could all learn from.

I've included some of my favorite quotes:

- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
- Knowledge will give you power [true], but character [will give you] respect.
- If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
- The possession of anything begins in the mind.
- The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
- It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
- The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.
- Obey the principles without being bound by them.
- All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.
- As you think, so shall you become. (Was this originally him? I'm skeptical of the origins here...)
- If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.
- Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
- Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.
- A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

A final parting long quote:

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

nikkisixx

Banned
Reaction score
bruce lee is pierce brosnan, thats makeup dude.