Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Brad Pitt: Workout & Body [Merged Threads]

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
us powerlifters have never been in fashion. :(

our time will come!
LOL amen to that.

All this talk about being in fashion and I thought, haven't women always preferred the lean, athletic look?

I've been around longer than a lot of you guys, and I can never remember a time when the majority of women salivated over beefcakes. :whistle:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, not gonna get into an argument but I don't buy the DNA thing, since at the time of our evolution, men were a hell of a lot broader and more muscular then what's considered 'sexy' today.. you think the hunter-gatherers looked like Bradd Pitt in Fight Club? Read up a lil and you'll find out about the significantly larger joint sizes of our ancestors, which should tell you a lot about what we used to look like. But that's another story altogether.

What I always go by: if you are confident and happy in yourself, whether you're lean, skinny, fat, muscular, whatever - this will be a much bigger factor than any degree of aesthetics. And what is considered aesthetically pleasing will differ from person to person anyway.

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's over a couple million years of evolution though, WBA. By the dawn of any semblance of modern civilization, our bodies were basically the exactly same makeup as they are now (only reason we look different at all from people 3000 years ago is due to modern medicine and nutrition).

Anyway all I'm saying is that 5000-6000 years is a blink of an eye in terms of evolution, the skeletal and genetic differences between humans now and then is measured in fractions or a fraction of a percent. A hunter-gathered 6000 years ago would probably look a lot like Pitt did in Fight Club minus a bit of height (and the height factor is mainly nutrition based).

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do it for health but I also do it to show off it freaks women as well as some men out that are around my age when you take your shirt off and your gray headed and you have muscles of someone much younger.

I am also thinking about taking up karate and other self defence sports just for the hell of it.

LoneSilver

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just started laughing so hard i almost choked. just out of curiosity i pulled my lady over to look at a pic of brad in fight club (now keep in mind, she usually drools over him), and w/o telling her why, said, "what do you think of him in this pic?" (she's never seen fight club)

"eeewww gross!"

"why?"

"all skin and bones! yuck!" :crackup:

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL!

LoneSilver

Throttle said:
i just started laughing so hard i almost choked. just out of curiosity i pulled my lady over to look at a pic of brad in fight club (now keep in mind, she usually drools over him), and w/o telling her why, said, "what do you think of him in this pic?" (she's never seen fight club)

"eeewww gross!"

"why?"

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:

"eeewww gross!"

"why?"

That's why I said a Brad Pitt in Troy look rather than Fight Club. In fairness however, that picture of his that was posted is terrible. Find a picture of Fight Club when Edward Norton has just walked in on Pitt wearing rubber gloves and ****ing the hell out of that girl in that room of the house. That's a much better representation. He still was pretty wiry though in FC.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DAVEEE TATEEEE....

Ideally I don't want either of those looks. =)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dave Tate's achievement is awesome, plus it just highlights the necessity of a significant (in his case huge) muscular base in order to get ripped. And to get up to 300lbs of monstrosity, the guy had to train like a rhino and eat like a beast (junk or no junk) - his injury list just compounds how far he pushed himself.

Conversely to achieve the Brad Pitt/Spartan look it just takes a few months of consistency. Needs a bit of dedication but anyone can look like that (unless they have extremely poor genetics).. I've yet to come across anyone on this board who hasn't got the potential to look like those guys.

Only thing is, you guys are more interested in creatine and bulk/cut cycles and all that nonsense which is gonna turn what SHOULD be a matter of a few months, into a few years. And it's much easier to get lean in your teens and 20's than your 30's.. so DON'T waste the time.

Me, I'll stick with the pop tarts.. ;)

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kwello said:
so I just offered up some advice based on what my friends (girls that is) think of guys.

Do yourself a favor and don't listen to girls for advice about girls. There going to give you a logical answer but its not what they respond to emotionally.

Kwello

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Do yourself a favor and don't listen to girls for advice about girls. There going to give you a logical answer but its not what they respond to emotionally.
When it comes to identifying physical traits, women are very good. It's when you ask them what they look for INSIDE a man that they really have no f*cking clue.

Like I said, you can easily sit with some women friends and browse through pictures of guys... within 0.5 seconds they can decide whether or not they like the face, hair, body, eyes, etc. They actually do know what they like a man to look like, just not how they like one to act. Give them a little credit at least.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, they know exactly how they want a man to act, but so few guys can that most women give up and settle for cheap imitations.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kwello said:
When it comes to identifying physical traits, women are very good. It's when you ask them what they look for INSIDE a man that they really have no f*cking clue.

Like I said, you can easily sit with some women friends and browse through pictures of guys... within 0.5 seconds they can decide whether or not they like the face, hair, body, eyes, etc. They actually do know what they like a man to look like, just not how they like one to act. Give them a little credit at least.
Women are good at telling you things that logically sound right or what they think sounds right. Maybe they say they like xyz trait on a guy, but in reality thats not what they respond to on an emotional level. You could show her a picture of a guy and she could say i don't like this i dont like that etc, i would never hook up with him, but let that guy know how to make her respond on an emotional level......she'll hook with him then give you backwards rationalized reasons about how hes different etc when your having friend time chat with the girls.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Women are good at telling you things that logically sound right or what they think sounds right. Maybe they say they like xyz trait on a guy, but in reality thats not what they respond to on an emotional level. You could show her a picture of a guy and she could say i don't like this i dont like that etc, i would never hook up with him, but let that guy know how to make her respond on an emotional level......she'll hook with him then give you backwards rationalized reasons about how hes different etc when your having friend time chat with the girls.
LOL Sounds like you guys are trying to uncover the final unifying theory of physics. This whole subtopic is actually one reason why I find online dating interesting in what it reveals about women.

In a way, online dating levels the playing field in that it enables chicks to actually abide by criteria they tell all their girlfriends about. Physical and emotional criteria which gets thrown out the window in real life dating because women are emotional thinkers. Principles and laws of behavior are contrary to their manner of decision making.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing just yesterday I was going through the channels and what do I see the movie Fight Club is on Spike TV.

Now I have never seen the movie complete but just looking at the part that was on I'd say this movie is fu*cked in the head and wierd and wasn't making a bit of sense to me so I changed the channel and another funny thing Pitt smokes in this movie lol!

LoneSilver

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK.

The movie was just awesome best dam movie I have ever saw and Pitt should have gotten an academy award. Hell it is so good a movie am going to buy the dvd and watch it 10 more times from the beginnning.

LoneSilver

cuzza said:
Take that back. The movie is awesome.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're learning. You'll be drinking beer and stuff next. =D