Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are there people who just get invited everywhere, & never have to do the inviting?

Mr One-Liner

Reaction score
I mean, does it work that way, or does everyone have to do the inviting once in a while. A little background on me: I'm in my 40's, single and never married. I work at an office and the only people I ever socialize with are people I work with (and occasionally on social media if we no longer work together). I'm fine with that last part because my socializing consists of mainly one-liners, hence my user name here. I used to work with a girl who pointed out to me that I never ask anyone anything about their lives, jobs, etc. It's just if they say something & a funny one-liner comes to my mind I say it. I'm very funny when I have someone to play off of like that, things just come to me.

But anyway, all I'd like is to be invited if people at my work are going out in a group, or if they're having a party (4th of July for instance). When I've been out with people it's more of the same, just one-liners if something comes to me, but as I said I can be really funny so why wouldn't people want me there? I guess it just hurts my ego, makes me feel like a loser to never have anyplace to go on weekends or holidays. I've even came out and asked one year on social media if anyone I knew had any parties for the 4th of July, if they could invite me because I had nothing going on. Just a lot of "no we don't have anything, blah blah blah".

Someone suggested I come up with things to invite people to. But 1) again, I want to know first if there are people who never have to do the inviting because like I said I can get off some really funny one-liners so if there's people who never have to do the inviting I think I should be one of them, and 2) I don't have anything going on to invite people to if I wanted to! I go straight home from work every night, surf the internet/play video games & go to bed. Same thing on weekends/holidays minus the work part of course. Those are just my interests, I just want to be invited places for my ego, to feel like people want me there.

So sorry this is so long but, how does that work, are there people who never have to do the inviting?

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. How? Value, attitude and association.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I seem to get invited to all sorts of events/gathering even though I have nothing else to offer in return.

Mr One-Liner

Reaction score
Yes. I seem to get invited to all sorts of events/gathering even though I have nothing else to offer in return.
Well if you are being sarcastic and implying I have nothing to offer, as I said I get in some really funny one-liners. So that is why I would think people would want me there.

Gimple

Banned
Reaction score
I think the girl who pointed out that you never take an interest in peoples' lives is your answer.

If you don't take an interest in establishing and developing relationships with them, why would they be interested in reciprocating? People usually don't invite others who they don't feel a connection with. Just because you sit there and occasionally throw out one-liners? I would find someone who does that to be socially awkward to be around.

Perhaps you should make an effort to get to know about these people. Discover what kind of hobbies and activities they involve themselves in when they're not at work, what's important to them in life, what their hopes and goals are, what kind of relationships make up their life, etc.

It sounds to me like you really need to invest in developing your social skills.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you are being sarcastic and implying I have nothing to offer, as I said I get in some really funny one-liners. So that is why I would think people would want me there.
I wasn't being sarcastic. Meant more along the lines I'm pretty much a loner and never have anything going on in my life that I could invite others to. I am a funny unique individual in which I think thats the reason why I get invited so much. Just in the past couple months I had friends of friends call me to invite me to their house for bbq's and sporting events. I asked them how they got my number and said they asked a friend of mine for it.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been one of those quirky guys my whole life. Not always appreciated by the sheeple so it's caused me a bit of angst. It wasn't until my thirties that I learnt to love who I was

With long hindsight I'd say a couple of things. If you choose to take them on board life will be easier.

One is seek to understand. Don't become a contrarian. Look at the group wisdom before you dismiss it. You don't need to have your own unique opinion on everything there's a reason we are designed to live in communities.

Secondly don't be a sniper. One liners are often sarcastic. Sure keep your unique sense of humour but also learn how to build up conversations and how to build people up.

Otherwise Mr one liner will stay Mr one dimensional. And you'll find it difficult to Foster long-standing or deep relationships.

Mr One-Liner

Reaction score
I think the girl who pointed out that you never take an interest in peoples' lives is your answer.

If you don't take an interest in establishing and developing relationships with them, why would they be interested in reciprocating? People usually don't invite others who they don't feel a connection with. Just because you sit there and occasionally throw out one-liners? I would find someone who does that to be socially awkward to be around.

Perhaps you should make an effort to get to know about these people. Discover what kind of hobbies and activities they involve themselves in when they're not at work, what's important to them in life, what their hopes and goals are, what kind of relationships make up their life, etc.

It sounds to me like you really need to invest in developing your social skills.
Well all I really was curious about is whether everyone has to do the inviting once in a while. It sounds like some people never have to invite and just get invited, but the whole taking interest in the lives of others, that's just not me.

The only other part of this forum I'm interest in is how to get rich, because all I want is to use women for their bodies, while they use me for my money and we'll get along fine.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only other part of this forum I'm interest in is how to get rich, because all I want is to use women for their bodies, while they use me for my money and we'll get along fine.
If you want to get invited anywhere don't talk like this to people.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
troll

autistic

pick 1

Mr One-Liner

Reaction score
I realized something the other day: I don't want relationships with people, I just want to be seen with people. I just want to have a busy social calendar. I want to be one of the"cool" people who always have someplace to go on the weekends. Not after work during the week, I'm too lazy and I like my sleep and will not give it up for anyone. Which probably is a reason it's a good thing I never had a girlfriend.

Someone at work suggested meetup.com because they're just casual things I can go to, and I can post pics on social media so it looks like I have a busy social life. It's really just an ego thing with me.