Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are looks important to women? (1967)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those were different times, it would be interesting to contrast that with more current videos asking the same questions.

That was the era I grew up in, and it seems very familiar to me. In those days, women were looking to marry, and most still had to in order to survive. So a man being a good provider, and also kindhearted was important, because the woman needed to rely on the man, and didn't want to be stuck in an abusive marriage. It's also interesting to see character mentioned, because in these days it seems like most morality is out the window, along with values, and everything is more anything goes. A girl wants to bang another girl this week? Great. She wants to bang some guy next week? Great, whatever you like.

The attitude on muscles is maybe the most interesting. I remember this very strongly, that women did not like the bodybuilder look, it was seen as disgusting, and you can see it yourself if you look at bodybuilders. Looks kind of nasty. Which is not to say these girls wouldn't like muscles, but they would go more for the Abercrombie look than the Arnold Schwarzenegger look (although they say Arnold got laid plenty). I imagine the bodybuilders had their female groupie followers like any other famous people. But basically the bodybuilder look was not appreciated. Contrast this with now and guys swear by spending more time in the gym.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 1967, the younger women being interviewed for this segment likely would have been women born during the Great Depression or World War II years, so typically 1933-1945 births. That means they would have been 22-34 at that time. In the United States, these would have been called The Silent Generation, though these interviews took place in Australia and Ireland.

In Western nations, there was still more of a traditionalist mindset in 1967, though things were starting to change. The birth control pill hit the market in 1960 and the Sexual Revolution was underway.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is very interesting to see how the mindset have changed so drastically on into what we have today in my opinion.