Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are gyms really worth it?

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely worth it (although I have to confess I no longer have a gym membership. At the start of the pandemic I converted my garage into one basically- bought a bunch of equipment and have worked out at home since). Being physically fit does wonders for your self esteem and has the side effect of increased attention from women. Calisthenics are enough to get you in shape (and heavily makes up my routine too) but the weights help big time.

Gym membership also shouldn't be $180 a month. That has to be some kind of luxury gym which is unnecessary for most people.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer my home gym, not because of the money, but because I can dedicate 1-2 hours per day in my own time, no traveling to and from the gym or waiting for others to be finished. I can record my rest times, go to 4-5mins rest per set if needed on heavy compounds, send emails in between, with no distractions.

I lack certain machines but can duplicate the movements and hit all muscle groups anyway. I'd like some cables though. I find home gym allows me to work out 5-6 per week without fail no matter how busy my day is. It works for me.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If I was still using free weights and/or machines then a gym would be worth it.

Since I am not and use heavy bands, my Bowflex and a heavy sandbag for training, it's not needed.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's forces your body to move in a straight line and that's not the body's natural movement arc.
Interesting. I always feels like it somehow supports my movements..i am just leaving the noob stage when it comes to weight lifting so advice is welcome.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Interesting. I always feels like it somehow supports my movements..i am just leaving the noob stage when it comes to weight lifting so advice is welcome.
Squatting with any sort of heavy weight on this machine is a one way ticket to serious back problems.