Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here work in the Archives, Library or Museum field?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I am getting my masters in Library Science now. Although, I think going to school for it is a bunch of B.S, I was wondering if anyone here is in the same field.

The pay is not great, but I always liked looking up information and disseminating that information.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give me an email @ jaymm17@hotmail.com with a well thought out subject name, and a good argument about what your asking now. Post the argument here first for refinement, I will forward it to a friend of mine who has his masters already, he works in my local law library. If he likes what your saying, he might want to teach you a few lessons.

Actually, I could go to the library for you tomorrow, and get a few recommendations there, I used to be a fill in librarian, so I only have limited contacts. Along the line though, I could find somebody who could give you a few nice speeches.

Of course I am not doing this for free though. Remember My post about research I made while I was posting under the username Boner Da Stoner? It was about my research habits, I love doing the research, possibly as much as you do, and at this point in my life, it would take something pretty amazing for me to quit. You would be proud of me, if you knew what information I was looking up, but I can't disseminate worth a damn. If I could, you would be hearing a lot more worthwhile information coming out of my mouth. So I want to know anything you learn, without ripping me off, about anything my friend teaches you. I love his thinking, we have some quick arguments, and he's an outstanding member of my fine community. He is highly regarded in all areas as far as I am concerned, I'm sure you would be happy to know him.

I see what your aim is, but I cannot articulate an argument that is relevant to your situation, if you can come up with a good argument though. I will try and make sure I don't give him a job, that is going to waste his time. His time is precious to me, and to any future friends or family, he helps in any way.

I don't know you, we may have crossed paths before, you are a member of my community. I don't want to waste your time, nor my own. So if you read only the first line, and agreed with me, You wouldn't have had to listen to credentials, and my useless gestures as to why I respect the man.

If you want to know more, just ask, I'll figure out if it's worth it, after I respond. Don't worry, I'm not a liar anymore, as far as I know, so you can trust me, as far as you can throw me. I will only be the better for any response you give to this thread.

Adieu

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050
The pay is not great, but I always liked looking up information and disseminating that information.
PS If you really make a good argument, perhaps you could argue with him, on a way to make more money by finding a way to becoming a consultant of some sort.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in a public library and I'll complete my Masters in LIS in April.

I do believe that attending LIS school is important. In LIS school you will learn the professional theory and practice of librarianship which is important to every academic field. I've learned a ton of things in LIS school that I would have never gotten elsewhere. Founder of the ALA Melvil Dewey made possesion of a Masters Degree required because he wanted librarians to be professionals and not clerks and to possess the same credentails as professors. Without the degree you will never be able to advance in the field.

Last edited:

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What school are you attending btw? Send me a PM if you want to know anything or have any specific questions.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrBeard
That's poncey work! Only pwatty bwois read books for fun!
I think DrBeard is lacking something in life, as he can never answer a real question with some value, that makes you think and not laugh instead. Like comedians are killing society slowly.

Not, only party(pwatty) boys read books for fun ;)

Dust2Dust, you should teach us a few lessons, stop being such a pansy and give it to us raw.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man they have this movie called "The Librarian" or something. Its about some librarian guy who picks up chicks and looks for ancient artifacts. Check it out sometime.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Hey man they have this movie called "The Librarian" or something. Its about some librarian guy who picks up chicks and looks for ancient artifacts. Check it out sometime.
There's a lso a TV show called the relic hunter, with Asia carrera, there's some real big AFC doofus in the show, I watched it once cause Asians are hot and I wanted to see if it was any good, complete waste of my time. Is the librarian any better? Sounds along almost the same lines.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dust 2 Dust
What school are you attending btw? Send me a PM if you want to know anything or have any specific questions.
I go to Simmons College in Boston. Rutgers (my home state) and Catholic University of America rejected me. Simmons is a good school though.

Yes, I am learning stuff, however...I think I could just as easily learn this stuff with job training.

Where do you attend?

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050
I think I could just as easily learn this stuff with job training.
Why not apply to a master right now? Ask him to be your mentor, get a part time job, learning what you are learning about? Job shadow, apply to be the SA for your professor, go work at your local macdonalds and try and woo them with your knowledge there, in a real business. The Macdonalds would probably teach you fastest though.

Tell me why it wouldn't.:woo: