Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

An interesting little tactic on POF

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Ok I know POF has a love/hate reputation on here so isnt everyones cup of tea, however I changed tac recently and simply started to be more direct and up front.

the basis for the new message was that I am a busy guy, I dont have a lot of free time due to my work and unusual shift patterns and therefore cannot commit to a full on relationship. I make it clear I am attracted to the women, I want a sexual relationship but Im also interested in developing things but that I also value my free time.
like a lot of guys I didnt get that good a response previously but now, ive got numbers, met two women (in real life not for me) but the overall level of response has been good, women actually reply to this and appear to respect its honesty.
one thing I will give women credit for is sifting through Guys sh1t, they seem to appreciate the honest, up front aproach, maybe I shouldnt be surprsed.

oh and its not a fail safe, get laid 100% of the time routine, it just gives me a bit more of an edge it would seem.

anyone else adopt this line of approach on POF?

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
My Profile is ok but it doesnt allude to the direct approach, I save that for the message, and I have to say Ive even got more rejections as well, wereas before simply no replies.
To Me its more an indicator of women preferring a more direct honest approach than going around the doors and trying to sell yourself.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was on POF a year or so back, and more chicks contacted me than i had time to deal with.

Cause I'm cute or fluke? Who knows?

I never ever actually initiated contact with a woman...but I think my profile was written in the "couldn't give a sh!t" attitude as per yours and they got wet over that.

Keep going with it!

0x23

Reaction score
Yup, got to agree. A straight forward no bull profile gets the chicks, getting a lay off POF is easy, sometimes too easy. There is no challenge, and you just go through the same routine. I've been on POF a year and laid about 1 diff girl a month. Pump and dump, works for me for now. Would like to meet a keeper though.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I've got the same direct-profile thing going right now on POF (username is Cougarlover1971 in case you want to view).
MC5!

thirdtimescharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've kept my profile hidden on POF. Between the "meet me" feature and the vast quantities of overweight women whom I want nothing to do with, staying visible there has been a waste of time. However, I've occasionally spent time looking through profiles and have had good success. I think after four years of this I am a lot better at spotting the crazies early. Run away!

Currently, I'm seeing someone I met there a few months back who has so far been sexy, sweet, funny, genuine, and also has made it clear that she's not just looking to jump head first in to a relationship. Hell...she's the female me. We've spent maybe five nights together this month, and I've enjoyed her company more each time. Could be a winner.

I've also run the same profile on OKC and still dealt with enough unwanted attention that I've gone dark there too. Facts for me: I need to initiate contact. Sure, there were a few times when I didn't (and when I'm interested, I can't complain) but I prefer the control. Besides, it's easy enough to fall back on bad habits when you really like someone. When the AFC guy creeps in, I try and go back to this: What do I want? What's best for ME? Am I compromising myself? For what?

The battle rages on.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stopped sending openers all together. The reply rate was so dismal that it just didn't seem worth the effort anymore. I miss the Yahoo dating site of the early 2000's. That was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Cejay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes - that worked for me on Match and on OKC.

A variance that also worked well was that + a couple paragraphs outlining, "here's what I like to do on a Friday night and on my weekend" where I took them through my typical weekend which is often about riding my motorcycles, fishing, hunting, etc. which for them conjures up that alpha male picture.

Its not like I was beating off flocks of women or anything but it brought a steady stream of women.

CJ.

KaosClub

Reaction score
POF is super easy. OKC is too. If you can't find a girl to hook up with you're doing something wrong.

The trouble with both of those sites is quality, not quantity. Finding someone is easy, finding someone who is worth it isn't.

Don't be too hung up on projecting some alpha male image. Be direct about what you like, what you want, and your goals.

Just don't be a douche, and you should be fine. Women like to talk about themselves, listen to what they say and let them weed themselves out for you.

Go out on dates when you have time.

My approach is basically this: I'm looking for a quality woman, and I have to meet a lot of women and go on a lot of dates to find the one.

Just don't make the mistake of falling for the sweet single mom who seems to have game. She's likely BPD and will end up wrecking your ****.

wunnaBsmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the "Like" button?

GS750 said:
I stopped sending openers all together. The reply rate was so dismal that it just didn't seem worth the effort anymore. I miss the Yahoo dating site of the early 2000's. That was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Man! I forgot I was on Sosuave... I wanted badly to hit the like button.. but realized I wasn't on FB....

Excite chat was awesome for picking up the ladies back in the day too!

Moy_1974

Don Juan
Reaction score
GS750 said:
Anybody remember Faceparty?

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
The no BS approach works simply because most women want to ride the c0ck carousel and all women want to experience the bad boy. The desire never goes away. Women in their 70's are just as attracted to bad boys as women in their 20's. The change in dating patterns is based on shifting priorities, quality of life and other practical things. Women become extremely PRACTICAL after their 20's.

Women know that only beta losers pander to their sensibilities. So a "no BS" profile/message indicates you don't give a sh!t what women value/want... thus making you an exciting bad boy.

The exciting bad boy is the ONLY type of man women are sexually attracted to. All other men are strictly tools for resources, support, money, and other PRACTICAL purposes.

Wake up men.