Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AMOG sticking point...among friends

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok the way I've experienced this you have 2 options:

1. Out personality him, don't be scared, put him to the back of your mind, focus on her and her perception of you. Go hit on other girls, be the life and soul of the group, keep focusing on her too and gauge interest through the night, be prepared to butt in if he's trying to take over.

2. What I call the "Turning the tide" arc of development. This guy sounds like a prick. You call him a friend, but everything you posted screams of "not a friend". You like hanging with him because he's bold, gets girls, makes things happen. But if this is at the detriment to your situation this guy is bad news. Turning the tide is when you basically (outof character for you) stop taking his BS. Treat him how he treats you, this will inevitably climax into a confrontation because he sees you as weak, and you suddenly not behaving like a beta follower will get his back up. Follow it through, have some pride, take your stand.

Option 2 is only to be taken if you are really about this life and don't want to be a ***** anymore. I've had to do it in my youth, now I've established myself among all peer groups/circles. The same way you are the AMOG for your new circle, you'll now want this in any new group you make. Either become that person 100% through your life, or take option 1, and focus your efforts away from people who knew you in the past life, burying this deep down and never look back.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might be overthinking this whole thing. The chick is probably just into the guy (your friend). My most inner circle is somewhat similar. If you and your buds are constantly trying to outdo each other and in the process downplay each other for female attention you might be in the wrong company. Each of my friends have AMOG moments in different social settings which is normal. Expand your network and have multiple social circles and the problem should eliminate itself.

PS. There has been plenty of times where a friend may have hit on a girl first but she shows interest in another friend in the group. When this happens we help facilitate the connection with who she is actually interested in. Not gonna battle it out with a friend over a woman. If you want to be the first to spot the girl be vigilant and take action first (become the super outgoing flirty one).

Just my perspective on the AMOG thing.
Thanks for the response, good insight. I’ve been thinking that for some time now about being in the wrong company.

I like the part about getting multiple social circles and the problem eliminating itself.

I just hate the fact that between myself and 2 other friends in our group, we are competing against each other for the amog seat whenever we are around women. I figured instead of get upset about it I could do something about it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, good insight. I’ve been thinking that for some time now about being in the wrong company.

I like the part about getting multiple social circles and the problem eliminating itself.

I just hate the fact that between myself and 2 other friends in our group, we are competing against each other for the amog seat whenever we are around women. I figured instead of get upset about it I could do something about it.
I get similar with my best friend. I made a thread about banging some girl he liked, I kept quiet, he later went on to bang and try to wife her. Then it came out I banged her months before = my friend of 20 years stopped talking to me for 3.5 months. Now we have an agreement that I'll just let him do his thing if he likes a girl. The thing is if you have very good game your lesser friends will resent you. You need to be careful not to become "Thad" and game girls while respecting your friends too. That's how you play the game right and not be a prick.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok the way I've experienced this you have 2 options:

1. Out personality him, don't be scared, put him to the back of your mind, focus on her and her perception of you. Go hit on other girls, be the life and soul of the group, keep focusing on her too and gauge interest through the night, be prepared to butt in if he's trying to take over.

2. What I call the "Turning the tide" arc of development. This guy sounds like a prick. You call him a friend, but everything you posted screams of "not a friend". You like hanging with him because he's bold, gets girls, makes things happen. But if this is at the detriment to your situation this guy is bad news. Turning the tide is when you basically (outof character for you) stop taking his BS. Treat him how he treats you, this will inevitably climax into a confrontation because he sees you as weak, and you suddenly not behaving like a beta follower will get his back up. Follow it through, have some pride, take your stand.

Option 2 is only to be taken if you are really about this life and don't want to be a ***** anymore. I've had to do it in my youth, now I've established myself among all peer groups/circles. The same way you are the AMOG for your new circle, you'll now want this in any new group you make. Either become that person 100% through your life, or take option 1, and focus your efforts away from people who knew you in the past life, burying this deep down and never look back.
Thanks man, good stuff here. Can’t both options kind of coincide with each other? Like by outpersonality-ing him aren’t I at the same time “turning the tide” and this will lead to confrontation anyways?

Thanks again.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man, good stuff here. Can’t both options kind of coincide with each other? Like by outpersonality-ing him aren’t I at the same time “turning the tide” and this will lead to confrontation anyways?

Thanks again.
Option 1 is a softer version. The alternative to option 1 is basically letting him have his own way. In which case just do what you can and steer clear of him in future. If he can't handle some competition then he really is not a person you need in your life, at all.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is if you have very good game your lesser friends will resent you. You need to be careful not to become "Thad" and game girls while respecting your friends too. That's how you play the game right and not be a prick.
Exactly! That’s always been my thought as well... game women WHILE respecting your friends and not trying to put them down just to get some pvssy!

Thing is... this kid doesn’t operate that way, so how am I supposed to counter that besides just not chilling with them anymore? Its always all about him and it seems like nobody really realized this for A LONG time because he’s good at hiding it, until randomly me and another friend had a little discussion about it. (Don’t even remember how it came up)

Yet... my other friends just take it for what it is instead of wanting to do something about it! It blows my mind that they can be content with it.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Option 1 is a softer version. The alternative to option 1 is basically letting him have his own way. In which case just do what you can and steer clear of him in future. If he can't handle some competition then he really is not a person you need in your life, at all.
Agreed, thanks for opening my eyes

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So in theory why can’t I turn the tables with better game and BECOME the new AMOG? The answer is I CAN do that right?
Mack other chicks in proximity.
he’s the type of guy who would use this information to his advantage to lessen my chances even further. This dude is one hell of a jealous motherf***** if he can’t have the woman no one can)
This dude sounds like a b!tch. Get new friends.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play a different game.

Since she agreed to come out with YOU, I would ask her to meet up somewhere else for drinks before you meet up with the group. Get a few shots in if you can. Have fun. Flirt. Lose track of time.

Around the time you're suppose to meet with the group, call one of them and tell them you two are late and will meet them at the festival instead.

Get a head start on this guy. Kiss her before the group meets up.

At that point, this girl is going to have to be ok with feeling like a wh0re if she gives this other guy a big enough opening for you to worry about.

If you can't get that done before the group, you very likely would have lost going toe to toe with the guy anyway, but you'd know beforehand and could salvage the night by gaming other women rather than losing most of the evening on some AMOG competition.
Don't try to get the girls in the group. Get other babes . Let girls in the group worry about them . Don't play those circle jerk games validating those females . I

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I don't think group dates are they way to go. Just going to get ****blocked.
I’ll give you as many details as I can so that you guys can either help me or tell me I’m being a beta b**** and knock some sense into me.

So basically I have a friend or 2 that hold the “mantle of AMOG” within our social circle. I’m viewed by women as the 2nd/3rd best just based off of my own experience over the years.

I fell off the redpill wagon sometime last year but since recently moving out from the suburbs to the city, I have been taking steps to improve myself again (overcoming addictions, increasing SMV, etc.) and what I’ve realized is that among my new group of friends out here, I am the alpha.

After a lifetime of blue pill conditioning, it’s kind of a weird place to be in. Nonetheless, I am embracing it and still trying to improve even further.

But the point of the thread is this... I met a new girl the other day and she gave me signs she was highly interested. I asked her out thru text and she had to decline because she was “watching her sister that night” and didn’t provide counter offer but said “she wishes she could though :)”...lol.

So I thought okay maybe she’s not all that interested. I’m stick by the two strikes you’re out rule so I left it for a week and then texted her again yesterday telling her to join my group this weekend at a festival/beer garden type deal. We were both drunk as it was Father’s Day. Every holiday is an excuse to drink these days.

(Tiny background before I continue): This girl and I are both mutual friends with one of these “amogs” lets call him “Thad” and when I refer to “xxxxx” that is the name of a restaurant that Thad’s parent’s own)

Ok so after some bantering the texts went like this:

Me: Come to the “blah blah festival” with the squad on (named a day).

Her: Lol in (name of town)?!

Me: Durr drunkie :p

Her: Lol just wanted to make sure!!

(At this point I’m like okay time to forget her since she just ignored answering with a yes or no). Then an hour later she texts again:

Her: I’m down though let me know!

(Okay...I guess I’ll proceed)

Me: We will be at “xxxxx”

Her: Is Thad coming in?!

(Thad lives in Florida now but flying in for the weekend and she knows “xxxxx” is his parent’s restaurant. So I guess legit question for her to ask? She accepted the “date” before she knew he was even coming. Good sign?)

Me: Yesss

So that’s where it ended unsurprisingly which is A-ok since I gave her a one word answer and was trying to go to sleep.

I can’t help but think she initiated contact with him now since he’s coming back (idk if they’ve fuxed in the past but I wouldn’t be surprised)

I think I’m just being insecure due to uncontrollable rollercoaster emotions from quitting some of my addictions, but I see that for what it is and am actively working to alleviate/destroy anymore trace of it.

Regardless of whether this works out and I get to smash this girl or not (HB8), I am tempering my expectations.

How do I get on top of this and raise my value above him if he tries to amog me? (WHICH HE WILL DO AND HAS DONE TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE PAST). I am retarded when it comes to this since I was raised to be loyal to my friends.

I realize I got myself in this situation by inviting her while knowing he will be there but whatever, I’m going to use the experience as practice for future events.

Pretty much what I’ve read about friends that are AMOGS in your social circle is this:

1. Stop chillIng with them. (Which is hard because I’ve had the same group of friends since high school, I’m 25 now. Plus I actually enjoy the dude’s company in any other scenario not involving women)

2. Simply stop gaming women when around them (unacceptable to me since most of the time I’m with friends when gaming and it’s something I WANT/NEED to learn to handle)

3. Be upfront with him and confront the issue at hand (this seems like some weak beta s*** and he’s the type of guy who would use this information to his advantage to lessen my chances even further. This dude is one hell of a jealous motherf***** if he can’t have the woman no one can)

I’m competitive by nature and just can’t accept the fact that I’ve been losing this whole time. I need to win some of these...

Final piece of info:

This wouldn’t be AS MUCH of a problem if Thad and his gf didn’t recently break up...but now Thad is no doubt trying even harder to increase his plate count.

Bottom line is this... I’ll be back with my “old” friend group this weekend and I need advice and also maybe some good canned material that you guys use against a FRIEND that is trying to AMOG you so that you can subtly shut his a** down and retrain him to give you more respect around women.

Apologies for the article, any help or constructive slaps in my face are welcome.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say don't LTR any girls in the group, but I have benefited greatly from having great sex with a couple of them here and there. Women talk sex. If you're good they pretty much advertise that to other females for you. Their curiosity and IL increases.

I can't count how many times a woman said to me after sex, "Wow. So and so was right about you!"

Hard to get a rep like that when always dealing with strange ass.
I was just saying don't go out of your way chasing girls in the group that's talking to everyone . Let them show their interest and fvck them if you can . Don't spin your wheels jucing her head up for some other guy.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Play a different game.

Since she agreed to come out with YOU, I would ask her to meet up somewhere else for drinks before you meet up with the group. Get a few shots in if you can. Have fun. Flirt. Lose track of time.

Around the time you're suppose to meet with the group, call one of them and tell them you two are late and will meet them at the festival instead.

Get a head start on this guy. Kiss her before the group meets up.

At that point, this girl is going to have to be ok with feeling like a wh0re if she gives this other guy a big enough opening for you to worry about.

If you can't get that done before the group, you very likely would have lost going toe to toe with the guy anyway, but you'd know beforehand and could salvage the night by gaming other women rather than losing most of the evening on some AMOG competition.
This is a great idea, thanks. I’ll know real quick if this girl means business or not and if not? Perfect I just saved myself some time.

Since first posting this thread, I don’t give a fvck what happens with her now. I think the redpill is starting to absorb again.

Back in the blue pill days I would’ve been trying to pick this girls brain apart in my own head and over invest in texting/Snapchat only to screw myself of any chances to smash.

She sent me a Snapchat randomly last night and I opened it but didn’t reply back because her snap was completely pointless/useless to me...

It was a picture of the sky with a caption along the lines of “omg this storm is insane.”

My guess is she’s trying to make me an orbiter... would you agree? Because that sh** is not happening!!!

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a meaningless snapchat to me. Being a 26 year old who has never been in a relationship what do I know? Well, I guess enough not to land in a bad one. Lol
This is a great idea, thanks. I’ll know real quick if this girl means business or not and if not? Perfect I just saved myself some time.

Since first posting this thread, I don’t give a fvck what happens with her now. I think the redpill is starting to absorb again.

Back in the blue pill days I would’ve been trying to pick this girls brain apart in my own head and over invest in texting/Snapchat only to screw myself of any chances to smash.

She sent me a Snapchat randomly last night and I opened it but didn’t reply back because her snap was completely pointless/useless to me...

It was a picture of the sky with a caption along the lines of “omg this storm is insane.”

My guess is she’s trying to make me an orbiter... would you agree? Because that sh** is not happening!!!

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are going to have to get over that. Eventually he'll probably do something that is the last straw. These types don't change, because this comes from very deep rooted insecurities.

Same happened with my oldest friend. Known him since we were babies (families went way back). He was a bit of a retard, but amazingly great entertainment.

I got kicked out of school and had to grow up faster than my peers, so i got a new circle. Eventually my oldest friend comes back into my orbit, now at age 19. Now his retarded behaviour isn't quite so funny anymore. Pretty sure the only reason he was up my arse was because i was in a group with a lot of girls in it.

He attempted to c0ckblock me left and right, but all on the sly. Worst case was how he kept an entire houseparty from me, when he was precisely told to tell me about it. The girl whose party it was told me he was there, and he still denied it. So then she showed me fvcking pictures, and he still denied it even then.

Final straw, he doesn't pull one night but i do. So he proceeds to stick to me like sh1t to a blanket and not give me and this girl any space. At one point it's just the three of us in this room and we start getting short with him because the sabotage just won't fvck off. He throws a massive strop and temper tantrum. I get got her number and managed to somehow fvck it up the next morning, needed to get the number over again from him, and he ignored me for several weeks. I managed to meet her again anyway, but when he got in contact to give the number i was done with his stupid arse.

And in retrospect with the benefit of hindsight, i realise my mistake there was mixing the old (childhood friends funny to laugh at in tge playground) with the new (adult relationships). High schools over. Got to move on from that.
Thanks for the advice buddy. Wish I had known about all this **** when I was 19. Our scenarios are a little different with my “friend” being considered slightly more alpha enough to make up a woman’s mind between the two of us though.

Your friend seems like the more beta one but either way the conclusion to draw from your post is the same... gotta drop those **** blocking jealous type friends. High School IS over..hell, COLLEGE is over too.. and I just had an epiphany that this guy hasn’t really matured much since then. He’s gonna be this same guy till he dies because that’s just who the fvck he is and always has been.