Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Absurd online "laundry list"

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one around here that occasionally finds seemingly futile, masochistic endeavors amusing... :p

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find this very amusing, though I think it's time to move on from that one gal and keep playing the others like a fiddle. I think it would be funny when this "experiment" is over to some how reveal that it was an experiment and show the woman's bio and the man's and why do women allow one but not the other ... nah, that would be too much work and not worth it.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WEST, all that would do is make this some militant justification for why a guy would bother doing this instead of it being good observational study (not to mention very entertaining). If DES tips his hand it ceases to be a study and these women will then call it sour grapes and it pollutes the results.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So true Rollo. Also, women wouldn't listen or be humbled, they'd just think the woman's bio was right and the man's was wrong. Women do what they're going to do, even if it's wrong ... they'll try and justify it.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
vanity

I think the best part of this whole thing is that these women somehow feel compelled to respond to the profile - LOL! As if it's some personal afront to their sensibilities that needs their attention to correct rather than simply move on to the next profile.
You touched on one of the fundamental differences between the sexes here, Rollo.

Women are vain creatures. Nothing bugs them more than the knowledge or belief that somebody doesn't like them. They will do everything in their power to keep from being hated, even by people they hate themselves. They have this seeming inability to recognize that said people are just asshats who shouldn't be negotiated with.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my response:

/Nice, put it "back on me". Didn't see that coming at all. Well, the best defense is a good offense, as they say: well played. OK, how about this...

I'm better than youuu aarrre.... nyah-nyah, nyah, nyah, NYAHH-NYAAHHH! :p/

:crackup:

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread kicks arse!

Here's the best part, the chick DES is volleying with has jumped on the emotional rollercoaster ride and we all know where that ride ends if played right :) I'd be willing to bet, if he just played this a bit farther, he could slip in a confident/c0cky meeting and she'd actually show up to qualify herself (when actually she'd show up to have what she doesn't think she can have).

I think you should play it out a bit farther to see if this woman will actually go against her own social conditioning & beliefs ... in an attempt to prove her own social conditioning and beliefs - hilarious!

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How cool would that be? Turn a funny little social experiment into a FR/LR?!?!

:rockon:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DES and anyone else working this profile, if you're going to respond, (and i don't think you should) try to avoid a schoolyard shouting match, particularly the "I'm a better person because,.." Instead, play to the strengths of the profile and how you've earned the right to be selective through achievements, ambition, goals, self-improvement, positive personal attributes, a good physique, etc. and feel you are deserving of a "quality" woman. Don't allow the conversation to go ghetto (in fact avoid these types of responses).

My bet is you'll get one of two types of responses. One, you'll get the 'Sour Grapes' schema or the "boy, some woman really must've messsed you up, etc." response. Or, two, as you've already gotten, you'll get the unsolicited self-qualifications such as the, "I'm not responding to your ad, but I will anyway to prove how valuable I am to myself" response.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed, keep it classy vs low-brow.

My response was just a joke, I would actually maintain the "high road" so as to stick with the program. If you get childish, or start hitting below the belt, you throw in the towl and lose.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet, if he just played this a bit farther, he could slip in a confident/c0cky meeting and she'd actually show up to qualify herself
I was thinking that myself, but there's no point in me doing so since I'm in a LTR. Let the poor b1tch enjoy making male friends and helping the elderly. In the meantime, I'm getting laid :D

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And so am I, but always remember the proverb;

Never wrestle with a pig - you get muddy and the pig likes it.

Frankie515

Reaction score
Funny!

Guys, this is great ,I am on this site alot but rarely post.

If this doesnt show how North American women are then I dont know what does.

Thank you for proving once again what I already knew to be true!

Great stuff.....

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
My bet is you'll get one of two types of responses. One, you'll get the 'Sour Grapes' schema or the "boy, some woman really must've messsed you up, etc." response. Or, two, as you've already gotten, you'll get the unsolicited self-qualifications such as the, "I'm not responding to your ad, but I will anyway to prove how valuable I am to myself" response.
So, so true ...

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Des, another experiment for you. On my last on-line dating attempts, I received few replies.

I thought about changing my bio to this:

I'm a bad boy, and you can't change me!

"Rough around the edges, trying to change, but can't. You won't be able to either. Last gf I cheated on, same as the one before. Hey, if I can get my groove on, I get my groove on. I get toasted and stoned a lot, but am trying to change my ways. That probably won't happen, so don't try to change my vices either. If you like a wild dude who is untrustworthy and a substance abuser, have at it ... I still ain't changing."

My guess is you'd get 100 replies in one week.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its nice how u have this preconceived notion of who i am... im sure u buy things that is considered CRAP to other people.. i dont have to justify what i buy to anyone if i like it i buy it plain and simple.. and its not that i have money or beauty that makes me better than people.. its the fact that im nice and generous and empathetic, i volunteer for teen touch and meals on wheels, i work in health care helping people... thats what makes me better than most people... whats ignorant is people lik eu judeging someone for what they like their interests and their opinions... ur judeging a book by its cover when u havnt even read whats on the inside... and i dont know u and by ur outlash in ur 1st message i think u have a graeter manisfestation of a deeper internal problem...
I concur that it would be best to take the high road, but if I got such a message it would be hard for me to resist the impulse to send her a message asking her to find a retarded teenager to translate it.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump.

This has got to be the single funniest thread we've ever had on SS.

Gentlemen, this experiment was launched exactly a year ago. I think it's time to renew the ad, continue the experiment and see what responses we get. I do think we should put some pics of an attractive guy on here to sweeten the deal though.

mzilla2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on Plentyoffish... I'll put up my pics up in an ad with the desired text. Mostly its an amusing distraction.

Edit: Not sayin I'm attractive, but if requested I can provide "corroborating evidence" - more candid pics of me, if this is to be a real life experiment.

Heck my current profile, albeit sarcastic, generates the occasional hate mail. Recently, it appeared that one chick that didn't have a sense of humor not only wrote me to criticize, but also encouraged a few of her friends to do the same - LOL!

Altho, quite often they will send you an message berating you, then block you before you can even bother to reply with a witty response. Hear no evil huh?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what became of the illiterate gal ... and if the inspiration for this thread has found her Dream Chump.