A Girl Approached Me, WTF Happened? Includes Convo

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm sitting in Cicis pizza by myself at about 10 pm eating dinner and this girl walks up to my table...

HER "Hey, I'm Angela"
ME, looking up from my pizza "Hey, I'm Caleb"
HER "I've already been stood up once tonight and want to be able to tell my friends I met a guy" (or something like that, don't remember word for work, I just took it as a lame pickup line.
ME "O, ok, uh have a seat", pointing towards the chair opposite me, she sits down. I continue to eat pizza.
HER "So, do you go to college name that we were about 1/2 mi from?.
ME "Yeah, I'm a junior. Are you a student there too?"
HER "No, I'm actually a sophmore in highschool"
ME "O, ok, yeah I actually started pretty early when I was 16, blah, blah... so where are you from / what are are you doing in town?"
HER "I was going to see movie name.
ME "O how was that?"
HER "blah, blah, chick flick, so what were u doing in town?
ME "O I just got off work, I work at college name " (I was kinda dressed up)
HER "well, I guess, uh, I'll see you later maybe?" as she stands up"
She was only a 6.5, but I figured what the heck, an easy number so I say "Hey, why don't I get your number".
HER "O, uh, no, I don't think so, I mean you're probably a lot older than I am"
ME "no, I'm 17"
HER "uh, ok not today"
and then she walks back to her table to finish her dinner with her friends (females).

As I walk out she says "by".

This was the first time I have ever been approached by a girl, but what happened? I mean I was exspecting her to ask for my number!

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude their is NO C+F in their what so ever! I know it was kind of sudden but that C+F is so emblemented in my brain that I would of instantly busted on her lame pick-up line. And then accused her of trying to staulk me.

Don't sweat it, she sounds like a b***h anyways.

PEACE

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tbh, when girls approach you, it's the easiest pull (or at least chance to be suave about it) that you can get. you just play on the whole idea of them trying to pick you up.

but this one doesn't really mean anything cuz she wiz just usin you; probably no chance of a number close in the first place.

in clubs, i get approached quite a bit and get my women that way. i always feel like less of a man doing this though, because it is the man's job/ duty to approach.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry Skinnydart. I doubt this girl had a legitimate interest in you, she was just trying to show off to her friends and be an attension wh0re because she was bored.

Consider yourself lucky that this chick did not continue to play games with you by giving you her number.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it doesnt really appear that she was interested in you, according to the convo that occured. It appears she may have been telling the truth in her second line. She probably looked around for guy that's alone to just stir a short convo with is all. I mean mix together the convo with her body language and you'll find the answer.

It appears this is something girls often do on occasion when they need someone to talk to.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she had to have been atleast somewhat attracted for her to come up to you. If you were some ugly fatass do you think she would've done that? Maybe you came off as boring or bland. Maybe you had pizza stuck in your teeth:p

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you did the best you could , what do you need to have a phd to approach a 16 year old? if she was serious enough she would have giving you her number this chick has issues if she didnt want to give her number(attenshion ***** and her friends where even near by, what did you expect from a 16 yeR OLD, thats why i only go for older chicks with some sense. you did the best you could everyone isnt always in the mood for that c+f bullsh*t ..**** her. ...geez should talking to girls be like reading a fighter plane manual.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. What I'd do in that situation is this. When she would say that thing about being stood up and being able to tell her friends that she managed to pick up a guy, I'd inquire why she thought I wouldn't reject her either. Then I'd listen to her response just for laughs and then I'd tell her something along the line of "Get lost!". That introduction of hers tells just so much about her and her intentions, and besides, there's nothing quite as sweet as breaking the already fragile ego of an attention whöre.
Only if her reply to my question was really intriguing and interesting would I have given her a second thought.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
I think she had to have been atleast somewhat attracted for her to come up to you. If you were some ugly fatass do you think she would've done that? Maybe you came off as boring or bland. Maybe you had pizza stuck in your teeth:p
she does not have to be intrested because liek DJ damage saude, shes showing off to her freinds, if it was just her no freinds with her then you wolud be right but as she had freinds it could be the case (does not have to be) and there is a good chance that she was just doing it like as a dare or showing off ot her freinds.

as for what RedKnight04 said, about the C&F, well maybe you just bored her, she felt attracted to you but lost intrest because of what you did during her aproch.

Theres one more obvious possibility know one has mentioned yet, a test, thats right she said no to see if you will ask again, i mean the fact she says bye to you at the end it may be the case that she wnated you to aks her again for her number.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I still say "Get lost!" is the way to go. If not for anything else then for personal satisfaction.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shes showing off to her freinds
How would walking up to a guy and saying "hi, where you from, ok by" be showing off, I mean if I did the same thing with a girl, trying to show off, I wouldn't have anything to show off with unless I came back with a phone number and/or a date.

When she said she had "already been stood up", does that mean she had a date wtih a guy that night and he never showed, or she had already tried to approach a guy and got rejected?

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I definatelly think she was just showing off in front of her friends. Maybe they just dared her to come up to a random guy and get him interested. I like Panda's way of dealing with the situation.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skinnydart
HER "I've already been stood up once tonight and want to be able to tell my friends I met a guy"
For me, it would end there.

MrHarris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing happened. Her friends and her had some kinda game they were playing and you were the pawn. No big deal.

She prolly had a bet with her girls that she could go over and talk to you or about meeting someone.

Since she got stood up I will bet she also needed to prove something and wanted to tease a man to make sure she felt attractive also.

You gave in by asking for her number. That is all she needed to feel good about herself again.

But look at it this way. You did a nice thing and gave her some mental koodoo's when she was feeling down,.

No big deal.