Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

37 Years Old and Still In the Clubs....

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a buddy who lives in a nice part of town, works as an engineer, in Good shape
Makes 6 figures. Travels all the time

Cool Guy.

However when I see his life as much success as he has in life. I can tell he's lonely. The guy lives in a big house drives a fancy car but he's in nightclubs 2-4 times a week. He's like the old guy in the corner sometimes girls approach him sometimes he does

I guess I just don't wanna become that guy, I know some guys advocate still going to the clubs in their 30s or 40s but meh, I can't be bothered

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it work for him?

Billtx49

Reaction score
A very busy single man can use a familiar bar as his social circle also, as he may not have the time for other scheduled activities with his traveling.
If he has a favorite bar or two, that’s probably what he’s doing. Then again, nightlife game may be all he knows.

Last edited:

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I'm 40 and I still go to clubs. not bars though. I hate bars with a passion. I mostly go because of the music really. In fact Goldie will be playing this Saturday. Cant wait for the tunes you he going to bring.

TBH..i go out to clubs maybe once or twice a month. Although I do get into the parties for free (i dont pay cover) i prefer to save my money, instead of buying drinks, gas, and parking. (pre drinking is the way to go)

Fortunately, I know most of the people at these events.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of red pill men don't want to attempt to reconcile loneliness. We all get it, and we all have the urge to spend our life with a 'partner', even though I hate that word. That's just the facts of the matter, if we all look way down deep inside ourselves. We can lie to ourselves, even convince ourselves otherwise, but it's still always there.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The mating market is completely unhinged. Engineer? 6-figure income? A generation ago, a man like this was in demand, and every one would try to set him up with a suitable (i.e., good attitude, NOT FAT, childless, etc.) maiden.

Billtx49

Reaction score
The mating market is completely unhinged. Engineer? 6-figure income? A generation ago, a man like this was in demand, and every one would try to set him up with a suitable (i.e., good attitude, NOT FAT, childless, etc.) maiden.
They still might do that if he had a regular healthy social circle instead of him using meat market clubs as a substitute for one…
Your chances of success in any endeavor rely to a certain extent on who you associate with.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a buddy who lives in a nice part of town, works as an engineer, in Good shape

Cool Guy.

However when I see his life as much success as he has in life. I can tell he's lonely. The guy lives in a big house drives a fancy car but he's in nightclubs 2-4 times a week. He's like the old guy in the corner sometimes girls approach him sometimes he does

I guess I just don't wanna become that guy, I know some guys advocate still going to the clubs in their 30s or 40s but meh, I can't be bothered
How do you know he is lonely? Are you sure that isn't something you're convincing yourself of to justify not being single is the true path?
I'm nearly 40 as well and I still like to go out and mack it to girls. I'll admit It helps when you already have a girlfriend though lol

A lot of red pill men don't want to attempt to reconcile loneliness. We all get it, and we all have the urge to spend our life with a 'partner', even though I hate that word. That's just the facts of the matter, if we all look way down deep inside ourselves. We can lie to ourselves, even convince ourselves otherwise, but it's still always there.
This might be profound but can you rephrase this to someone who isn't an avid sosuaver? (I am hung over)

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've thought about buying a home Near downtown where I live and going to the local pub(s) every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (maybe) and getting a little intoxicated each time and WALKING home (with or without a woman each time). I'll listen to the bands (mostly college - college town) and shoot pool. I could do this for the next 15 years I guess. So much more expensive to do this though...home prices there. I Used to get plastered and Drive home back in 2004 through 2008. I never knew how risky that was until the past couple of years when I read some articles on breathilizers and testing positive even 24 hours later. I used to think it'd wear off in a couple of hours (then drive home). I'd drink 5 gin n' tonics and 12 beers or either or, red bull vodka, girls would buy me Jamison shots, jagermeisters and on and on, get up on the bar and dance. I wonder what it's like nowadays. Probably a LOT of smartphone usage and less good times I don't know.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've thought about buying a home Near downtown where I live and going to the local pub(s) every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (maybe) and getting a little intoxicated each time and WALKING home (with or without a woman each time). I'll listen to the bands (mostly college - college town) and shoot pool. I could do this for the next 15 years I guess. So much more expensive to do this though...home prices there. I Used to get plastered and Drive home back in 2004 through 2008. I never knew how risky that was until the past couple of years when I read some articles on breathilizers and testing positive even 24 hours later. I used to think it'd wear off in a couple of hours (then drive home). I'd drink 5 gin n' tonics and 12 beers or either or, red bull vodka, girls would buy me Jamison shots, jagermeisters and on and on, get up on the bar and dance. I wonder what it's like nowadays. Probably a LOT of smartphone usage and less good times I don't know.
That's the one thing I'll say I noticed with being older... I get more tired after drinking and rather just have a ride home. Too dangerous to drink and drive at this age.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I clubbed a lot in my very late 20s and lower 30s. Then I dropped the club scene and took ballroom dance for about five years at the advice of a friend and some posts here, but I found mostly women 50+ yo and/or women that only wanted to dance and didn't give a flying F about actually meeting men. Ok for a while, but got bored with it. Only really enjoyed NY Hustle because it's danced to club music.

I just recently returned to the nightclubs about once a month. The music and lights and view are much more stimulating lol. Don't care too much if I ever pull again (although that would be a bonus), but just want to get out of the house sometimes.

Lonely? Sure. But it goes with the territory as a lone wolf, so I make the best of it.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Cool Guy.

I guess I'm an old guy now. I avoid clubs, and will only go out to the pub every now and then for a drink with a mate. I don't bother 'hitting' on women, but I get the odd one wanting to talk to me. I think some of them find it attractive, that 'cool, calm, and collected' manner on the periphery, when everyone else is jumping around like hyper-active bunnies.

Last night, I get a text from a mate asking if I wanted to get a beer. Didn't particularly feel like it after an afternoon of biking and swimming, but decided to do it for the 'discipline' if that makes any sense. Sometimes you can just get too comfortable. Not a bad night... four or five beers, and all is right with the world today.

As for meeting women, I do this in the normal course of my day.

Last edited:

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With clubs there will be lots of hot women and it's totally acceptable to go and approach. If you have alcohol in your system you give zero fvcks. And of course if he wants younger puss, probably no better place to find it.

Yes it's pathetic and he's lonely. I guess I can't judge. I'm 35 and I still go to clubs in vegas.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with @deesade here, having been married to that sort of man and in that sort of scene...it does get old. People want to hang around because of "cool factor" and social proof more than most people really like you. Other bar & club owners we know feel similar. I mean the lifestyle is cool and all (and make no mistake I do still enjoy the club scene myself and so does my ex husband and many of the people I am social with), but it's more an enjoyment of the music and the dancing and the people watching. It's not at all out of boredom. It's something we enjoy. It's certainly not desperation for me or any of the people I know. We're nightlife people, always have been, and love the energy of a good scene, great music and dance.

When my ex and I go out on occasion to the dance clubs near a major university campus we are old enough to be the parents of most everybody there. Without exception we get approached by the college aged kids and they tell us how cool we are and what great dancers we are (we salsa to Pit Bull and the like). If my ex goes to the men's room the young guys always are approaching...and then the expressions on their faces are priceless when my ex (who looks 50) comes back and they realize I'm old enough to be their mom. It's hilarious and great fun.

But the beauty is we can go to the scene. We can enjoy it and then go home. We no longer have to worry about lawsuits from the guy who got in a fight, or clean up puke in the ladies' room, or employees stealing money or inventory, or walk the active dope dealers out. We don't deal with the strung out prima donna musicians any more We aren't living the scene (and even when we were it was never that chaotic...we had little kids).

My high school age son now keeps bugging me to set up my studio equipment to DJ (and teach him how). I'm old school with Technics 1200s, a mixing board and vinyl. Suddenly I'm cool. I've had my equipment mothballed for so long I'd probably need to relearn how to beat mix smoothly. :rolleyes: But apparently its a lost art because most of the nightclub DJs I hear cannot mix well to save their lives (but onyl a trained ear is going to really notice how bad they are.)

I've chatted with my ex that once the kids get older if he still has the itch I might back him in a bar or club venture. That could be fun. So I think when it's in your blood and its a passion its nothing to apologize about. If you enjoy it...well then enjoy it. If anything it keeps one young.

Serenity

Reaction score
My high school age son now keeps bugging me to set up my studio equipment to DJ (and teach him how). I'm old school with Technics 1200s, a mixing board and vinyl. Suddenly I'm cool. I've had my equipment mothballed for so long I'd probably need to relearn how to beat mix smoothly. :rolleyes:
Hey, that is cool.
But apparently its a lost art because most of the nightclub DJs I hear cannot mix well to save their lives (but onyl a trained ear is going to really notice how bad they are.)
I won't claim to have a trained ear, but I'm deep into that type of music. It really annoys me when a DJ at a club fvcks up their mixing, so much so that I just want to leave. The last time I went to a nightclub was bad, he butchered every single song and transition. I went to take a piss and said out loud to the room "that DJ sucks at mixing", instantly 3 random guys agreed in unison. Everyone noticed, but nobody criticized it. So I walked up to the DJ asking if his CD was scratched (his sh!tty mixing sounded like that), he told me no. I then proceeded to tell him that part of his mixing ruined the music, he then arrogantly asked me who I was as if people's opinion don't matter unless you're high profile. Not only was he sh!t at mixing, his personality was sh!t too. That club certainly made a bad choice of DJ.

Well, fvck that guy. I left the nightclub, gave them a 1 star review and will never set foot in there again. I have no mixing experience, but damn even I could do better than that.

That_dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have one friend who's around the same age and goes every night. The things is, he hasn't made any progress with women in over 5-7 years of clubbing constantly.. Not even a date out of the deal :rolleyes: It just seems odd to me