Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2 Unrelated Issues - responding to compliments and not taking disrespect

Sony448

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's my first post here and I would like some advice on 2 issues. I stumbled upon this site when I was reading bradd80's post on becoming a Master DJ.

1. The first is how to respond to compliments given over the internet. I've read some topics on this and most people advise either a simple "thank you" or a c*cky response.

For my specific situation, a woman wrote "You look fabulous!" to which I responded "Thanks! my personality is not bad either ;)". Is there anything wrong with that response?

2. Secondly, I would like to discuss a past situation to see whether I made the "right" move. I went on 2 dates with a woman, with a third date set the following week. Before the third date, I messaged the woman at around 10:30pm (I normally keep minimal contact but as it was near a festival I thought I should at least say a greeting). Her response rate to messages had always been slow, but that night was extra slow (15-20min per response) and it got a bit annoying, so I asked if she's free to take a call and left it at that. I noticed that she was active on social media for another hour at least.

The woman did not respond to that message for 12 hours (next day around 10:30am) and simply said she was tired. In my mind, I was thinking that if the woman was interested enough, she would've at least provided a simple response yes/no response. I decided to test out bradd80's advice and use the "my time is very valuable to me and I hope you respect that" line with some adaptations to fit the situation. The woman blocked me afterwards.

Do you guys think that was the right move or should I have swallowed it up?

Stallionstud

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a similar problem, I knowingly ignored her bs excuses for two weeks then I got kind of fed up, told her she had been acting different and I didn’t like it.

Needless to say, that approach didn’t work. Things ended. I think indifference is the best thing you can do IF you can. IF not, start trying now. “Telling” someone you’re time is valuable pales in comparison to “showing” them that it is. That is why I’ve always avoided your approach. It’s never worked.

You’re goal should be to always have actions that establish that frame so those words are understood by her, without needing to be weakly weakly stated. In my opinion, not preeching I’m still trying myself...

Last edited:

LJBFB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont listen to what she says and dont expect her to understand what you say. Its all about action; words fill in the gaps between. The only thing most can do to influence a chick is not say anything stupid and adjust quantity of attention as appropriate.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Question #1: Always go with cheeky/funny something that shows off your personality and humor. Failing that a simple "Hmmmm. Glad you like. I'm normally a "______" kind of man but you seem interesting..." If she's blonde, say your usually like redheads, if she's white, say you usually like Latinas...get her to qualify herself to you while continuing the conversation.

Question #2: Never forget your own insignificance early on in a dating scenario. If you are texting a hot chick late (anything after 8pm is late if you don't have a date set up already) you cannot reasonably expect to be on her radar screen. She will already have plans, she will be out with friends or already on another date...or...alternatively...if she has any sort of self esteem AT ALL she is not going to give you the time of day nor engage you in conversation of any sort at that hour or later...after all, you did not request the pleasure of her company, so she owes you nothing. She could be on social media with her mother or aunt or sister for all you know. Whatever. It doesn't matter.

When you give her the "my time is valuable" line (after failing to book time for an actual DATE with her) what she hears is "I AM MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU, AND YOUR TIME AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON CALL AT ALL TIMES FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOO MUCH OF A RETARD TO ASK YOU ON AN ACTUAL DATE.....) and voila you get blocked for being a jack ass. No real surprise there.

Can't say that I blame her TBH. Live and learn. That's all you can do.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much texting is an attraction killer. Unless you're many months into an exclusive relationship, texting should almost always be exclusively for setting up a time to see them, with the odd something funny/interesting happened that made me think of you text if things are starting to go well.

I think everyone above covered it well but you should qualify yourself with actions always, not words. Telling someone "I'm a quality man" is worthless if you're not one. If your time is so valuable, why are you wasting it texting her all day?

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Question #1: Always go with cheeky/funny something that shows off your personality and humor. Failing that a simple "Hmmmm. Glad you like. I'm normally a "______" kind of man but you seem interesting..." If she's blonde, say your usually like redheads, if she's white, say you usually like Latinas...get her to qualify herself to you while continuing the conversation.

Question #2: Never forget your own insignificance early on in a dating scenario. If you are texting a hot chick late (anything after 8pm is late if you don't have a date set up already) you cannot reasonably expect to be on her radar screen. She will already have plans, she will be out with friends or already on another date...or...alternatively...if she has any sort of self esteem AT ALL she is not going to give you the time of day nor engage you in conversation of any sort at that hour or later...after all, you did not request the pleasure of her company, so she owes you nothing. She could be on social media with her mother or aunt or sister for all you know. Whatever. It doesn't matter.

When you give her the "my time is valuable" line (after failing to book time for an actual DATE with her) what she hears is "I AM MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU, AND YOUR TIME AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON CALL AT ALL TIMES FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOO MUCH OF A RETARD TO ASK YOU ON AN ACTUAL DATE.....) and voila you get blocked for being a jack ass. No real surprise there.

Can't say that I blame her TBH. Live and learn. That's all you can do.
Seriously? I call BS on both accounts.
#1- That circumstance, whether your relationship succeeds or not, will be used against you without a chance of forgiveness later, maybe even years later. I know from experience!!
#2- I Agree with no texts after 8pm, but the man is no more insignificant to her than she is to him. Sure she has more options, but so can he. That's the lesson learned by men over time. Modern society has us men second-thinking ourselves into being "friendzoned." Nobody got time for that. Time is precious. If he cares, she owes him at least a yes or no... Anything less is crappy and is a sign of things to come. It does indeed matter. I still believe in women treating men with as much respect as we treat them. If they don't, you know what kind of woman she will be later. (YouTube- "The Door Test") , what the elder tells the young man while driving around the block backwards, it applies. Hope I'm making sense.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get frame, anything else will eventually come off as scripted and disingenuine.