Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

1st date back with the ex

Nissanguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going on the first date with my ex-gf. I decided to give her a second chance. We've been spending some time together this past week and she even slept over my house once and my friends house with me and we shared a bed, no sex though. She says she just wants to take it slow as to not screw up again(long story, her fault we broke up before). Shes wanted to hold hands a lot and do all that girl cuddling stuff and I have kissed her once. But, she wants to pay her way on the date, is this normal? She says it's just her being independent. Idk, never ran into a girl that wanted to pay for herself, so is this a good sign or bad sign?.
Thanks

Reaction score
Haha, firstly, there is no chick who is "independent" - I don't care if she is a top surgeon in the world with 20 university degrees - the chick will always want and need a man who is dominant in her life - only a perverted homo lesbian would disagree!!!!

She feels that she doesn't want to burden you since you were so gracious to give her another chance!

Nissanguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
^Lol, thanks I did think it was a big deal. Wish me luck. Got to stop over thinking this stuff, lol.

kyphan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The most important thing you need to do this time around: all on your terms. If she wants a relationship again you need to flat out tell her what you'll accept, otherwise it's not worth your time. If you do not do that she will assume she can have you back any time she wants.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
off topic but you've never ran into a girl that wanted to pay for herself??
Its fairly common here in Boston.

as for the ex. as kyphan said, make sure its on your terms. If ye broke up due to cheating, I'd think long and hard about getting back together. It'll be very hard to trust her again.

Rastaman

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are strange young man. The chick needs another "girlfriend" and you are filling those shoes for her. What do you mean that you sleep together and cuddle but only kissed once? Now she is going to feed you at a restaurant of her choice.

This chick will dump you again (her fault) and if you investigate (currently) you'll find out that she is still banging some looser. Move on and stop waiting for girls to "take you back" if you can't move on, then be with her on "your terms".

We should stop letting girls push us around like some shopping cart!

G-Theory

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being an AFC is Like an Addiction

Road to Recovery

The first step you have to ask youself is why are you not admitting that you are an AFC? Are you in denial? Are you afraid of what that might mean?

There is a whole world filled with tons of beautiful women and you are going on a first date with your ex? I mean, let's face it, if there is such a thing as "the one" then she sure as hell wouldn't cheat. And if she did cheat, then that means you are prolly a nice guy (I mean, if you never heard about HER paying her way... ) and if you are a nice guy you aren't a Good Guy (read Pook) so you must be an AFC.

Man, you need to reach down between your legs and make sure you got a pair, then read the DJ Bible. Get your ass out there and learn how to be a Man and get yourself not just one Great Woman, but go ahead and treat yourself to two.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep this power.

She wants to hug and cuddle a lot? Don't do it more than 50-80% of the time. Keep her wanting and trying to get more from you.

And for god's sakes have sex with her.

I've had several girlfriends who not only pay for themselves but pay for me. I hardly ever pay for a woman when we go out. She at least pays for herself.. or i pay and she pays next time. My current gf insists on paying for us both. I really don't know why. I have to grab the check really fast if i want to pay cause if i don't she grabs it and won't give it back.

There's no reason that you should be paying for her on any consistent basis if she has the money. I had one girlfriend who complained i never paid and i told her okay i'll pay but we're going out half as much.